Custom Dark Army Foamposites

What's up NT. I sole swapped my Anthracite Foamposites with 09 Eggplants and made Dark Army Foamposites
happy.gif
 For those who don't know Dark Armies are to Foamposites as the VI/XI DMP pack is to Jordan. They are being sold for rape prices so I always thought it'd be cool to make them. I asked the foam thread on iss if I should keep the soles icey or make armies, they said make armies. Lmk what you guys think! 
smile.gif

EDIT: If this is in the wrong thread please move to correct thread thanks!

Actual shoe

Process:

Almost left like this, woulda dyed em blue though 

Eggplants not finished ran out of glue
grin.gif

My version of Dark Armies:

What's up NT. I sole swapped my Anthracite Foamposites with 09 Eggplants and made Dark Army Foamposites
happy.gif
 For those who don't know Dark Armies are to Foamposites as the VI/XI DMP pack is to Jordan. They are being sold for rape prices so I always thought it'd be cool to make them. I asked the foam thread on iss if I should keep the soles icey or make armies, they said make armies. Lmk what you guys think! 
smile.gif

Actual shoe

Process:

Almost left like this, woulda dyed em blue though 

Eggplants not finished ran out of glue
grin.gif

My version of Dark Armies:

yadigjoey wrote:
happy.gif
smile.gif

I hate to say this but that was a bad choice. I would have left them alone, the Army are unique and a great colorway. You mad a very poor mans equivalent. But if you like them thats all that matters...

FYI:tongue:ut this in the retro forum.  

yadigjoey wrote:
happy.gif
smile.gif

I hate to say this but that was a bad choice. I would have left them alone, the Army are unique and a great colorway. You mad a very poor mans equivalent. But if you like them thats all that matters...

Don't know if this goes in retro or in sneaker art since it's a custom job, but it definitely doesn't go here. Nice work, but I would have left the clear soles clear. Dark Army foams aren't just black on the upper they have a metallic green finish to them, they're just really dark. You can't really replicate it with a pair of black foams. Either way, at least you have some eggplants that you don't have to worry about yellowing.

Don't know if this goes in retro or in sneaker art since it's a custom job, but it definitely doesn't go here. Nice work, but I would have left the clear soles clear. Dark Army foams aren't just black on the upper they have a metallic green finish to them, they're just really dark. You can't really replicate it with a pair of black foams. Either way, at least you have some eggplants that you don't have to worry about yellowing.

Thanks for the comments. I like the shade of green of the dark armies and how mine turned out I know its not exactly the same but I love how these turned out and I prefer my foams to have a black sole anyways because, to me, it makes the color pop a lot more.

Thanks for the comments. I like the shade of green of the dark armies and how mine turned out I know its not exactly the same but I love how these turned out and I prefer my foams to have a black sole anyways because, to me, it makes the color pop a lot more.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

yadigjoey wrote:
happy.gif
smile.gif

the correct place to put them would be in sneaker art not retro

Originally Posted by jhobson5

yadigjoey wrote:
happy.gif
smile.gif

the correct place to put them would be in sneaker art not retro

should left the clear sole on the anthracites(maybe with the blue tint)....one of the main things going for the armies is the white swoosh and the contrasting inner boot.

props to the work u did, but the black sole on the eggplants > the army custom
smokin.gif

should left the clear sole on the anthracites(maybe with the blue tint)....one of the main things going for the armies is the white swoosh and the contrasting inner boot.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

smokin.gif

Thanks bro, I planned on changing the swoosh to white p

smokin.gif

Thanks bro, I planned on changing the swoosh to white p

if u could do that, it'd help the shoe out a lot more.

still can't get down with pro's sole on foam ones....and vice versa....it's like the cardinal sin of foamposites
laugh.gif

still can't get down with pro's sole on foam ones....and vice versa....it's like the cardinal sin of foamposites
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I barely worked on the shoes yesterday and work all day today so ima go home and change that tonight but I know lol it fit nice in the cough drops

laugh.gif

I barely worked on the shoes yesterday and work all day today so ima go home and change that tonight but I know lol it fit nice in the cough drops

Back
Top Bottom