Custom Nike SB "9" Dunks

selfmade__89

formerly selfmadeapparel
What's up NT, 
I haven't done any major customization's in a while ever since my Nike "Toronto" Dunks and Supra Skytop x Air Yeezy custom aka my "Poor Man Yeezys",
so I hope that these will make up for my absence. In advance, please read it's for your benefit! All pictures taken with my Lumix GF1.

My base shoe for this, was a pair of beater Nike SB gold rails.

happy.gif
 love that site.

My inspiration for the shoes, comes from the Tim Burton animated movie released on 09/09/09 (September 9, 2009) called 9.

I mainly made this custom because of the fact Pony made a pair of sub par customs for the movie and I had to do it justice. 

The movie is about a group of 9 small burlap dolls (stitchpunks) who awaken in a post-apocalyptic world only inhabited by evil machines,

and must survive and most importantly find their reason for being.

As for the theme, I chose one characteristic or aspect from each of the 9 stitchpunks to put onto the shoe:

#1 =His belt buckle 

#2 =The laces in his shirt

#3 & #4= Their striped clothing pattern

#5=His 2 buttons

#6=The symbol that he repetitively draws over and over again, referring to the talisman aka the source

#7&#8=I couldn't really see any unique aspects about each that I could tangibly put onto the shoe, so I bummed out and they are represented by the 2 stitches on the right toe panel.

#9=His canvas/hemp/burlap materialzipper and the glowing 9 symbol 

• P.S. Try not to trip out too hard (like how I was when I first saw the unexpected crazy fluorescent glow) when looking at the Nike swoosh and laces (that I airbrushed BTW), the way I faded the colors out and the fluorescent paint make an awesome and trippy combo.
  • Also I felt that the shoe needed to be darker in a sense, so I was inspired by the Haze dunks and implemented the airbrushed hazy/dark look
    smokin.gif

& the finished product...

(Indoor shot)

(Indoor shot)

I know that the majority of people haven't seen this movie, but I hope that doesn't stop you from enjoying my customs.

I look forward to everyone's comments and feel free to post any criticism.

One what? One love. 

Anthony 'SelfMade' Armenta

Fantastic Job.

The details are amazing..

I've never seen the movie before, but after seeing these customs I definitely have to watch it now..

Originally Posted by paritheplatypus

Those are tight, that must be hard to stitch those zippers and buttons on!

Thanks man, meh I'm used to sewing zippers now so Im glad they came out the way they did

Originally Posted by ALDY

Fantastic Job.

The details are amazing..

I've never seen the movie before, but after seeing these customs I definitely have to watch it now..
Thanks. I had to put a lot of thought into this shoe. Ponys pair I feel, did not reflect the movie fully. 
And yes, google the movie... it's worth the time.

i wanna slap you sir......for making an amazing custom that i wish i had lol

I love the movie as well seen it many times before

I have the coraline nike dunks so im slightly satisfied for the mean time lol

I will be in touch with you so I can get a pair lol those are the best sb lows I have seen, and I only like air maxed lol

Fantastic work! I would almost go with a flourescent yellow lace, the green ones don't match quite right with your highlights around the swoosh.

Originally Posted by jbc908

I will be in touch with you so I can get a pair lol those are the best sb lows I have seen, and I only like air maxed lol
Thanks man, keep me as a contact if you ever need something or help with an idea.

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

i wanna slap you sir......for making an amazing custom that i wish i had lol

I love the movie as well seen it many times before

I have the coraline nike dunks so im slightly satisfied for the mean time lol

Haha, I'm glad you like the movie and the kicks. Movie is heavily underrated imho

Originally Posted by ro22ss

Fantastic work! I would almost go with a flourescent yellow lace, the green ones don't match quite right with your highlights around the swoosh.

Thanks, actually the swoosh and laces are painted with the same fluorescent green airbrush paint but I appreciate your criticism yo!

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

nice work man that check jumps off the shoe
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Id go with the green laces to.

Thanks, I luckily came across the fluorescent green paint while beginning to start the shoes so I think it was meant to be.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom