Customization ? about the IVs...

Sup ppl, i had this idea for a while and wonderin if it would work... Cement fusion parts (tabs and wings) onto a Pure $ 4.
i found some decent Pure's for an ok price and trying to find cheap fusions
basically make these a reality but with Jumpman on back since they're on the Pure $.

i dont wanna buy fakes cuz i seen the quality on the fake cements and they'd be better off as a custom

ba235e03e4185f3e5b21f5b6985d388aa35918a.pjpg

Just an idea and need feedback and thoughts if its possible, thanks.

Sup ppl, i had this idea for a while and wonderin if it would work... Cement fusion parts (tabs and wings) onto a Pure $ 4.
i found some decent Pure's for an ok price and trying to find cheap fusions
basically make these a reality but with Jumpman on back since they're on the Pure $.

i dont wanna buy fakes cuz i seen the quality on the fake cements and they'd be better off as a custom

ba235e03e4185f3e5b21f5b6985d388aa35918a.pjpg

Just an idea and need feedback and thoughts if its possible, thanks.

how do you plan to stitch the wings on?

also, why bother when the cement iv should be dropping in 2011?

Originally Posted by eltouha

-first, the plastic wings from the regular 4s and the fusions are stitched in to begin with, i plan to just find someone to simply switch or replace them by unsticthing each and re-stitching the cements on.

-second, its just a thought and i haven't fully made the decision to do the customization, so far its an idea i had and am wondering if it would work at all. plus i still gotta find some cheap fusions.

-third, we haven't heard real news (besides rumors) about the cement 4s dropping, and only heard about cement 3s next year.

Originally Posted by eltouha

-first, the plastic wings from the regular 4s and the fusions are stitched in to begin with, i plan to just find someone to simply switch or replace them by unsticthing each and re-stitching the cements on.

-second, its just a thought and i haven't fully made the decision to do the customization, so far its an idea i had and am wondering if it would work at all. plus i still gotta find some cheap fusions.

-third, we haven't heard real news (besides rumors) about the cement 4s dropping, and only heard about cement 3s next year.

fair enough.

for some reason i think it would be easier and cheaper to just paint the wings yourself. the speckles will still be hard though.

fair enough.

for some reason i think it would be easier and cheaper to just paint the wings yourself. the speckles will still be hard though.

I can see stitching being done with a sewing awl, that is what I did when I resoled my Black and Red IV's with the Nike Air on the back, the front toe has stitching on it, and required it to be sewn.  The biggest issue in my opinion is still the sole, would you dye it, paint it, what.  I would like to see what happens here, I think it would be an awesome project, again this question needs to be answered.

I can see stitching being done with a sewing awl, that is what I did when I resoled my Black and Red IV's with the Nike Air on the back, the front toe has stitching on it, and required it to be sewn.  The biggest issue in my opinion is still the sole, would you dye it, paint it, what.  I would like to see what happens here, I think it would be an awesome project, again this question needs to be answered.

i hear that Lincoln dye is good for soles and then a sealer to prevent fading.
my bro found some acrylic paint a few years ago, he tested it on the bottom of the outsole of this AF1's and it lasted quite a while before fading. but i have to get a hold of him and figure out which kind of paint he used, if he remembers which kind of paint it was i might use that instead of the dye.

as for the cement areas i might have to mix my own to match the original shade of grey then either sprinkle black dots with a toothbrush and/or just individually dot em on with a small sized paint brush.
i'm still not sure how to change the tongue color, any advice would be much appreciated.

i hear that Lincoln dye is good for soles and then a sealer to prevent fading.
my bro found some acrylic paint a few years ago, he tested it on the bottom of the outsole of this AF1's and it lasted quite a while before fading. but i have to get a hold of him and figure out which kind of paint he used, if he remembers which kind of paint it was i might use that instead of the dye.

as for the cement areas i might have to mix my own to match the original shade of grey then either sprinkle black dots with a toothbrush and/or just individually dot em on with a small sized paint brush.
i'm still not sure how to change the tongue color, any advice would be much appreciated.

Anglus will work on the midsoles if you strip the factory paint with acetone and apply very thin coats, I usually dip my brush in water or thinner then the paint and let it dry for 30 minutes.  That would work for them.   Where do you get the lincoln dye, I could see good things from that rather than paint.  I just don't see paint wearing well on the bottom.   

Anglus will work on the midsoles if you strip the factory paint with acetone and apply very thin coats, I usually dip my brush in water or thinner then the paint and let it dry for 30 minutes.  That would work for them.   Where do you get the lincoln dye, I could see good things from that rather than paint.  I just don't see paint wearing well on the bottom.   

Back
Top Bottom