Cyntoia Brown vol. Sex Slave Now Serving Life

I don't care about all that.

You don't care about science? Is it just witchcraft to you?

If a 16 year old kid smoked your mom you would want him prosecuted as an adult.

If my mom was out trying to cop and got killed by a 16 year old slinging who I then found out was being literally forced into the drug trade and drug use by an older abusive captor I would have a lot more space in my heart for forgiveness.

Question for those adamantly opposed to her life sentence - If she is released and commits another heinous crime, would you be ok with her spending the rest of her life in jail or would that too be explained by her history?

I'll answer from my point of view ... It is terrible that she experienced a terrible childhood ... It is unfortunate that she was a victin of sex trafficking ... It is a sad situation ...

That being said, she showed the capacity to murder someone in cold blood ... premeditated to a degree ... I am ok with having her prison record allow her the lowest security prison environment possible, but not to allow her back into public ... Sorry ...

So you really don't see that there is a big difference in comparing a toddler to a hardened prostitute that keeps the 40 tucked?
You just argued age doesn't matter.

You just argued crime is crime

So just rejected the concept of society drawing a line somewhere on these issues.

Now I take your logic to an endpoint, you have an issue with the ridiculousness it exposes.

Pick a side, either age matters or it does not.

Question for those adamantly opposed to her life sentence - If she is released and commits another heinous crime, would you be ok with her spending the rest of her life in jail or would that too be explained by her history?

I'll answer from my point of view ... It is terrible that she experienced a terrible childhood ... It is unfortunate that she was a victin of sex trafficking ... It is a sad situation ...

That being said, she showed the capacity to murder someone in cold blood ... premeditated to a degree ... I am ok with having her prison record allow her the lowest security prison environment possible, but not to allow her back into public ... Sorry ...

I've worked with female offenders (juvenile and adult) including lifers and I've never heard of a female killing again after being released. I'd have a hard time even finding a similar case in the entire country.

Yeah after reading the thread last time and saw why she got locked up I'm not happy she'll be getting released.

Hopefully she doesn't commit anymore crimes and lives a better life.

I've worked with female offenders (juvenile and adult) including lifers and I've never heard of a female killing again after being released. I'd have a hard time even finding a similar case in the entire country.
Thank you for the perspective ...

Would you believe that we are positioned well as a rehabilitative justice system relative to other countries? All I hear is how terrible our system is ...

This is really the hot take you dudes want to push, at this moment. Sheesh, some dudes on NT always feel the need to vent about women.

Didn’t want to be the one who mentioned the damn near blatant women bashing. :lol:

No one is bashing women. There is clearly a feminist agenda being pushed here. I will not stay quiet while woman push for equality but still get protected by female privilege. This story was manipulated to push an agenda. Media says she was forced into sex trafficking. Nope she ran away from foster care and fell in love with a pimp. Media says she was purchased by a 43 year old pedophile. Nope we do not know if that man knew her age and a lot of folks are making a case that he deserved to lose his life if he did know. Media says that she built up enough courage to kill this man in self defense. Nope he was shot in his sleep and then she proceeded to rob him and take the money back to her pimp who was the one actually abusing her. You guys are such big advocates for social justice you are being blind to facts of what happened.

No one is bashing women. There is clearly a feminist agenda being pushed here. I will not stay quiet while woman push for equality but still get protected by female privilege. This story was manipulated to push an agenda. Media says she was forced into sex trafficking. Nope she ran away from foster care and fell in love with a pimp. Media says she was purchased by a 43 year old pedophile. Nope we do not know if that man knew her age and a lot of folks are making a case that he deserved to lose his life if he did know. Media says that she built up enough courage to kill this man in self defense. Nope he was shot in his sleep and then she proceeded to rob him. You guys are such big advocates for social justice you are being blind to facts of what happened.
And there it is. I knew it :lol:

Showing her mercy in accordance with Supreme Court rulings is somehow "female privilege".

There's too much assuming "nobody cares" in here. Understood that there aren't any poppin' threads with young black men being advocated for but that does not mean it's not happening.
All this "y'all don't care about the gang banging black boys" talk sounds so much like the "What about the violence in Chicago" excuses white folks have used to just downplay the situation. You can easily not feel like she needs to be released and not make the comparison.

There's too much assuming "nobody cares" in here. Understood that there aren't any poppin' threads with young black men being advocated for but that does not mean it's not happening.
All this "y'all don't care about the gang banging black boys" talk sounds so much like the "What about the violence in Chicago" excuses white folks have used to just downplay the situation. You can easily not feel like she needs to be released and not make the comparison.

You're right I shouldn't have made that comparison. Bottom line is she's a murderer. No need to compare her to other murderers.

Thank you for the perspective ...

Would you believe that we are positioned well as a rehabilitative justice system relative to other countries? All I hear is how terrible our system is ...

I don't think this country is focused on rehabilitation. Prison/jail is more about punishment and not preventing people from becoming criminals again

You're right I shouldn't have made that comparison. Bottom line is she's a murderer. No need to compare her to other murderers.

Do you think a murderer will only murder and can never become a law abiding citizen?

No. Claiming that she is a victim when she's the one who pulled the trigger is.
Again, you just said age doesn't matter.

So now you agree that given the Supreme Court rulings that life in prison for a juvenile is a cruel and unusual punishment, her previous sentence was too much, and she should be released?

Stop ranting about imaginery nonsense you assume is going on, and look at the facts at hand.

No. Claiming that she is a victim when she's the one who pulled the trigger is.

So you don't think someone whose mother drank while she was in the womb, then gave her up for adoption, then got pimped out and abused sexually, physically, and emotionally is a victim?

You don't have to be the victim of an egregious violent crime to be a "victim."

Both her and the man she killed can be victims...

I guess Kim K and Ye dont agree that slavery is a choice, even if you had the ratchet stashed. Good for her getting a second chance either way and hopefully the people who made her life the hell it was get what they deserve.

Stop ranting about imaginery nonsense you assume is going on, and look at the facts at hand.
What facts am I ignoring. I'm the only one stating facts. She was not forced into prostitution she is a run away and she didn't run away from her abusive mother she ran away from foster care. She was at a Sonic soliciting sex and was also armed. She was picked up by a man (yes he was white) they discussed having sex for money. She then murdered the man while he was a sleep and then robbed him. She claimed it was self defense but her victim was found laying on top of his hands. Ya'll can play it like she was some sweet innocent little girl who was controlled and made to do this but as a former criminal I have been around people like this. I've been in the Econo Lodges and Travelers Inns. These kids grow up quick and will end your life for a few dollars. They know what they are doing and know that every bit of it is wrong. She ain't no victim. Just a little girl that was out here turning tricks and trying to get quick easy money.

Back
Top Bottom