D.C Style Gone Wrong

Quote:
dog u totally got it wrong its

GET ME A CHICKEN SAMMICH AND SOME WAFFLE FRIES

You left out the best part....FOR FREE

Butt yeah, that dude must be on boat having his J's look like that
The Duke Blue Devils YOUR 2008 NCAA CHAMPIONS!!!Demarcus Nelson, Greg Paulus, Lance Thomas, David McClure, Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Gerald Henderson, Brian Zoubek, and the 2008 ACC Player of the Year...JON SCHEYER taking down the nets in 2008!!

honestly i aint gonna lie, dc style is whack. all the fake ed hardy with true religions and fake tiffanys aint what that is. and the extremely fape t shirts with the lot 29 hoodies kill me. go to PG Plaza on saturday for some entertainment.. lol

^ i didn't know you defined DC style as that. Actually, that's just the whack style that seems to stick around DC, not necessarily DC's own style...idk.

But DC is known for:

- Nike Boots (Goadomes) (bet dudes gonna hop on the goadome lows for summer)
- North Face (idk where the hell it came from, between us and swagger jackin NYC) :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
honestly i aint gonna lie, dc style is whack. all the fake ed hardy with true religions and fake tiffanys aint what that is. and the extremely fape t shirts with the lot 29 hoodies kill me. go to PG Plaza on saturday for some entertainment.. lol

Ok...thats enough.

How many people are actually from DC or are around DC daily?

Its mostly the uptown folks that wear the flashy rockstar colorful clothes...some of the southside does it, but usually they stick with the urban wear with some black shoes.

EVERYBODY DOES NOT WEAR NIKE BOOTS. There are a million different pairs of shoes, thats a stereotype.

The city style is different from Maryland style...they dont go hand and hand.

Some of the people trying to justify the style have never even been around DC other than Gallery Place and Georgetown. lol

Give it up. Just keep it to the comments about the shoe laces...

Dont front like you know what dudes are wearing in DC if you dont... :smh:
smh.gif

PG is PG...DC is DC...Moco is Moco...every place has a different style, gotta respect it.. :pimp:
pimp.gif
ed wearing New Balance in the first place :lol:
laugh.gif
F this sneaker sh__!

^why did people start wearing New Balances? I don't, never will.

Yeah, what you saying is true, all of PG are on that "wonna be a rockstar" look hard and have been doing it for like a good year and a half now. Plus, people been doing there laces like that for a long time now as well. When I went through May Fair a month ago, people were on there white boy @#%$ as well. Same as the the youngins over there by Lincoln Heights, but it was a mixture of people wearing flamboyant steez and urban type @#%$. Even when I went to where i used to live in Marlow Heights, there was a mixture of styles.

DC metro area style is like everywhere else, there on "Dispet/Lil Wayne" phase of clothing.

Everyone doesn't wear nike boots but I bet everyone has a pair of them joints.

Hustlers were out on the corner were on their feet allll day, so they needed a comfortable shoe...that was the New Balance.

You still see some wearing other than the 99_ and the 2001 series but those were the most stylish.
F this sneaker sh__!

Beltway,...where'd you get that info about the Hustlers Needing Comfort?

I'm not saying your wrong...but I don't know if that's how it became popular...

I'd have to add the fact that it's a basic gray shoe and matches just about everything...particularly all the Urban apparel that used to release. We R One and the rest were famous to making ray sweatsuits and tees.

But, the NB shoe that I think really kicked it off was the 996, which was an even MORE simple colorway.

Another aspect was the price...a pair of 996 were cheap enough to rock like 4-5 pairs all summer. Honestly, 996 WERE NOT as comfy as today's NB.

Lastly, it's a running shoe = self-explanatory.
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

Quote:
Quonset, Triples, MR Wicks Hotel, Crystal Skates, Panaroma Room at Our Lady Queen of Peace, Cherries

^ Yeah O that's from back in our day ... there is no real point of origin for where style starts in DC/MD/VA today ... the kids are lost ...
They have no sense of style or direction ... I mean as far as they are concerned a pair of SB's and a limited t'shirt makes them hot ... And this goes for most of the urban youth today ...
So many kids trying to be individuals looking for @#%$ on websites that they and all of their friends visit daily then they still look just like each other ... (nothing to be proud of ) but there are no real money makin cats here that floss & flash the way they useto so the inspiration is left to our media images ... and at times they are so very wack ...

Quote:
where'd you get that info about the Hustlers Needing Comfort

^Times were hard on the boulevard man ... 995's & 575's were a very comfortable shoes ...

The price of the shoe played a big role too ... If I recall correctly ... NB had a $100 shoe before Nike did with Jordan and DC cat's were rocking and coppin' multiple pairs because the Encap would turn yellow in the sun (where was barkeepers friend back then
roll.gif
)

And it was a status symbol for hustlers ... You had to have a pair on in the Go-Go flick by Mr. G
pimp.gif

Quote:
We R One and the rest were famous to making ray sweatsuits and tees.

^ No disrespect Lavan but if you are going to talk about the birth if the whole thing then you need to reference teh brands that started it all

DDTP - to this day no one has made a better pair of sweatpants

Madness - Let's just keep it real here ... who had a S.M.U.G sweat suit or saved up their @#%$ money and their Summer Youth Employment Program(SYEP) checks to cop a pair of Gucci's from Eddie's shop???

There was a clear distinction back them ... cats uptown wore Madness & Southside cats rocked DDTP ( I was good on both sides of town so I had a few pair of DDTP sweats)
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

^^^I just wanted to name a brand he may recognize...DDTP may outdate him a lil bit...lol.

I remember DDTP like it was yesterday...bammas were on it hard on the Southside...I personally didn't care for much of it bcuz I had access to more mainstream brands like Polo and Hugo Boss, only bcuz my brother bought all that stuff...along with Champion Sweatsuits and Hoods.
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

lmao that dosent show dc style now... i dont think u even understand that pic... but w/e

Team DC/MD/VA​

the whole city behind us
O.G. triple O.G. Member​

That @#%$ is ugly for real. i see people doing it alot with the classic adidas. I dont understand why now everyone wants to wear the chain on the side of their pants but a year ago that would be "uncool". to me it looks horrible. & howcome now everyone wants to shop at hot topic? Also Ive Seen Dudes Rockin the Big Gold Chain, that was in style in the 80's- early 90's

Team DC/MD/VA​

Breakin' Necks All Day Every Day
O.G. Member #23​

Back
Top Bottom