D.O.A. question/something that I noticed

So Jay is clearly cool with Wayne, Kanye,T-Pain and Drake. If he's not trying to diss them, who's he getting at? Seems like most everybody elseisn't. Only one I can think of is Ron Brownz, but he's kinda irrelevant.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

he gettin at them dudes on youtube that be doin the news in autotune
roll.gif

Another DOA thread ?

Dude is looking for attention. People were getting tired of Autotune, Jay saw it, hopped on the trend, and now he getting radio play/people talking about himlike he some Messiah who single handedly gonna bring hip hop back.

DJ Webstar and Jimmy with that Dancin on Me.
Every other newcomer tryin to use autotune. Hov is still a hater. He needs to respect their hustle like Jimmy said.

Another DOA thread ?

Dude is looking for attention. People were getting tired of Autotune, Jay saw it, hopped on the trend, and now he getting radio play/people talking about him like he some Messiah who single handedly gonna bring hip hop back.

.......and yet your still posting in this thread.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Jay-Z is trying to step on toes without stepping on toes. Kind of lame if you ask me.
QFT the track is dope but how you gonna give certain cats a pass

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Jay-Z is trying to step on toes without stepping on toes. Kind of lame if you ask me.
QFT the track is dope but how you gonna give certain cats a pass
He's "giving passes" to the people with talent who use it. He's not against the entire movement, just the lames who put outterrible music with autotune.

He's talkin about everybody who abuses autotune Jay dont care who offends he's just expressing how he feels about the game. Kinda like when Nas madeHip Hop is Dead.

Jay went nowhere with this track.

Kinda upset me. Contradicting if you ask me.

How you gon mention Drake? he corny.

i think he gets at fat joe "I don't be in the project hallway Talkin' bout how I be in the project all day"

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

He said in an interview it was cause of this
Really? dudes in the video
sick.gif
SUPER lame
laugh.gif
http://www.mtv.com/news/a...694/20090610/jay_z.jhtml

We can thank Wendy's "Frosty Posse" for Jay-Z's "D.O.A." (a.k.a. "Death of Auto-Tune") song. Well, maybethey're not 100 percent responsible, but the Jiggaman said that hearing the use ofAuto-Tune in a commercial for the fast-food chain is one of the things that inspired him to bring forth the song.

"I just think in hip-hop, when a trend becomes a gimmick, it's time to move on," Jay said in an interview with Chicago radio station WGCI on Tuesday. "I saw a Wendy's commercial and they're usingAuto-Tune. They're joking on it. It's like, OK, enough of that ... It was a trend, it was cool in the beginning. Some people made great music with it,now it's time to move on."

Originally Posted by LB510

He said in an interview it was cause of this
Really? dudes in the video
sick.gif
SUPER lame
laugh.gif
http://www.mtv.com/news/a...694/20090610/jay_z.jhtml

We can thank Wendy's "Frosty Posse" for Jay-Z's "D.O.A." (a.k.a. "Death of Auto-Tune") song. Well, maybe they're not 100 percent responsible, but the Jiggaman said that hearing the use of Auto-Tune in a commercial for the fast-food chain is one of the things that inspired him to bring forth the song.

"I just think in hip-hop, when a trend becomes a gimmick, it's time to move on," Jay said in an interview with Chicago radio station WGCI on Tuesday. "I saw a Wendy's commercial and they're using Auto-Tune. They're joking on it. It's like, OK, enough of that ... It was a trend, it was cool in the beginning. Some people made great music with it, now it's time to move on."
that commercial was more on some pop %+!+ if you ask me...that was more of some cher "do you believe in love" type ofsteez......
ohwell.gif

I don't believe that for one minute

what right does old man jigga have for hating on a thing that other people use to gain financial wealth, didnt kanye say he had some auto-tune on the album butthey aint use it, so why hate or dislike it when others do it

jigga trying to be relevant to the younger generation

the only reason why he singles out wayne, kanye, pain, drake (dont even know why he mentioned a rookie name) is because he knows he can't stop them fromthriving its that simple

wyne took a step down when he started using auto tune

kanye worst album was 808 ( not saying it was not good, but compared to the rest its his worst)

t-pain well the ninja can't sing with out auto tune

drake....no comment

so whats so great about what they have done...they just major artists that use auto tune...that can't sing for !*!+

Back
Top Bottom