Daft Punk officially on Columbia

I dont understand why you guys are making such a big deal about this album? I heard the one song with Pherrell and my face was liek thsi
indifferent.gif
 I dont get it? Someone explain to me?

I don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal about this album? I heard the one song with Pherrell and my face was like thsi
indifferent.gif
There's nothing to get. You're either a troll or a really stupid person.

Are you really oblivious to the fact that people can like things?

This album is a celebration of music and I've noticed the older crowd appreciates this a lot more than the younger crowd. 

@ThunderChunk   I noticed the last 5-6 posts of yours all mention Pharrell. There's nothing wrong with you thinking Pharrell can't sing but we don't need to hear it multiple times; Once is enough. Pharrell is fine to me. I honestly don't have an opinion of his singing on the album yet. It hasn't helped or hurt the album. 

I'm digging this album, probably because I knew Daft Punk wouldn't rehash any ideas and play it safe. All their albums are different from each other and there's no reason why any fan would expect more of the same. 50% of the people expected Discovery 2.0, which is just stupid. You set yourself for disappointment; no ones fault but your own. 

Son who you talking to like that? Know who your talking to before you speak to me little boy.

Son who you talking to like that? Know who your talking to before you speak to me little boy.
I think you might be more comfortable over here : http://worldstarhiphop.com

But seriously, I don't understand why people get mad over something as subjective as music which I wasn't even criticizing. I was honestly shocked that you couldn't understand that people have different likes/dislikes. I don't ever attack anyone's opinion, I just want to know why or how you came to that conclusion. 

Back to the music.

Last edited:
I think you might be more comfortable over here : http://worldstarhiphop.com

But seriously, I don't understand why people get mad over something as subjective as music which I wasn't even criticizing. I was honestly shocked that you couldn't understand that people have different likes/dislikes. I don't ever attack anyone's opinion, I just want to know why or how you came to that conclusion. 

Back to the music.
What are you trying to say about worldstarhiphop? Explain to us all? You better hope i cant find your location cuz if i do its not gonna be good for you.

What are you trying to say about worldstarhiphop? Explain to us all? You better hope i cant find your location cuz if i do its not gonna be good for you.
You're going to come and find me because you asked a stupid question and I called you out on it? Over a Daft Punk album? Over the internet? 
laugh.gif

Don't worry, I don't post here at all really. Maybe like once every 3 months. It's all yours, you got it bro.

There's nothing to get. You're either a troll or a really stupid person.

Are you really oblivious to the fact that people can like things?

This album is a celebration of music and I've noticed the older crowd appreciates this a lot more than the younger crowd. 

@ThunderChunk   I noticed the last 5-6 posts of yours all mention Pharrell. There's nothing wrong with you thinking Pharrell can't sing but we don't need to hear it multiple times; Once is enough. Pharrell is fine to me. I honestly don't have an opinion of his singing on the album yet. It hasn't helped or hurt the album. 

I'm digging this album, probably because I knew Daft Punk wouldn't rehash any ideas and play it safe. All their albums are different from each other and there's no reason why any fan would expect more of the same. 50% of the people expected Discovery 2.0, which is just stupid. You set yourself for disappointment; no ones fault but your own. 

Very True about the older crowd appreciating this album! Im almost 29 and I grew up with daft punk but my main genre was Hiphop/Rap. Around the year 2000 I felt Rap/Hiphop was dead and got tired of the music, which made me venture off to the electronice Genre.... Fast foward to now, I really appreciate this music and album because I havent felt like that in a long *** time. This album has a lot emotions that brings out a lot out of me... Being Happy, remebering the good times in certain years of my life and the present /future. I cant think of an album that has an impact on me like this.

real v0, 320 & FLAC rips are out. dont DL fakes, but most importantly support the artists. FLAC=407.79mb, 320=171.17mb, v0=127.72mb.

I dont understand why you guys are making such a big deal about this album? I heard the one song with Pherrell and my face was liek thsi
indifferent.gif
I can understand your perspective. People hype up any Daft Punk release because of their history and the credibility they hold with "electronic dance" music. Today, electronic dance music is a huge genre and generates millions of dollars. Skrillex is a huge artist in middle schools. Electronic Dance Music is popular now more than it ever was.

But  Daft Punk has been doing this since the 90's. In an era where alternative rock and gangster rap ruled the airwaves. Daft Punk brought electronic dance music to a global audience and incorporated a lot of interesting ways of recording in their music. On top of that, they have remained anonymous under the robot persona and have avoided selling themselves out to the corporates. All this considered, people look at them as gods in the dance world. 

Overall, I really like the album, but it doesn't have a single moment that can touch the brilliance of Discovery and Homework. All expectations aside, it's a good album that will be in rotation all summer. 

Last edited:
I think the album is incredible. I expected a huge let down. I didn't think Daft Punk could possibly release anything that met expectations after working on this for seven years.

Too many tracks that are worth mentioning. I need a few more days to absorb before I start talking in hyperbole about every track. That Giorgio by Moroder track is a monster though.

And to those dudes who shouldn't be in this thread, talking about how Pharrell was the highlight, I assume you're like 17, go listen to Ace Hood or whatever you listen to. Pharrell is quite possibly the worst thing on this album. His Collaborator's episode was an embarrassment. The other episodes have music legends talking about working with Daft Punk and their inspirations and how they've contributed to the album and Pharrell is there talking about how he doesn't remember anything and how he was on drugs. I'm a Pharrell fan too, but as someone mentioned earlier, Nile saved both tracks that Pharrell was on.

Also, you can't really compare this to Discovery. Nothing can beat Discovery--it's been widely acclaimed as one of the top and most influential albums of the past 20 years.

Last edited:
All this hate for Pharrell on this album is funny. Believe me I'm the first person to not like Pharrell singing on something. His solo album back in the day is one of the lamest efforts of all time, but on this album he works. Sure he's not the best singer on the planet, but who cares, it's all about chemistry and the chemistry between Niles, Pharrell and Daft Punk is perfect. Both of those songs are phenomenal and instantly catchy. They are pure pop songs that nobody can deny. Groups dream of making hits like that and very few can. This is album is just good music no matter how you look at it. And I think people are using too much of Daft Punk's past to judge this album. If you just listen without knowing anything before this, this album is incredible.

This album to me was different but I still really enjoyed it, just some real mellow good vibe music. I don't know what it was but I was feelin all the tracks everyone has mentioned here, but I was really feelin "Doin It Right" it must have been the beat because it was so catchy had my head bobbin the whole time. Whole album is definitely a refreshing sound from what i've been listening to lately.

Last edited:
All this hate for Pharrell on this album is funny. Believe me I'm the first person to not like Pharrell singing on something. His solo album back in the day is one of the lamest efforts of all time, but on this album he works. Sure he's not the best singer on the planet, but who cares, it's all about chemistry and the chemistry between Niles, Pharrell and Daft Punk is perfect. Both of those songs are phenomenal and instantly catchy. They are pure pop songs that nobody can deny. Groups dream of making hits like that and very few can. This is album is just good music no matter how you look at it. And I think people are using too much of Daft Punk's past to judge this album. If you just listen without knowing anything before this, this album is incredible.
I'm not saying the song isn't great, it's a great song with Pharrell on it. I think it could have been a substantially much greater song had they used a better vocal performer on it. Imagine somebody like Miguel taking that song to another level. -

i gave it a 2nd listen and the album is great.

the timing of the release of this album is great as well.

but, im not going crazy over it like some people are. ive never been a huge fan of daft punk.

i still think the chemical brothers > daft punk.

Back
Top Bottom