Daft Punk officially on Columbia

i cant help but think that michael mcdonald would have been ill on beyond. get him on the remix.

Last edited:
excellent choice sir. pick up Breakbot's US release of "By Your Side (2013). it's every bit as good as "Outrun". Ruckazoid & Irfane give instant Prince/MJ vibes on the tracks they sing on
smokin.gif
Just wanted to say thanks for posting been listening to the album all day, I would have never even heard of Breakbot if you two hadn't been discussing him. Bout to check out Outrun next.

I'm glad the hype died down and I was able to just listen to this album. I like it a lot. I find myself stuck on certain songs for a few days. First it was "Giorgio..." then "LYTD" and now I'm stuck on "Fragments of Time". Every song sounds distinct but fits together as a whole really well. I think Lose Yourself to Dance may be my favorite. That song is an absolute monster. That bounce. 
sick.gif

Bought it on Tuesday and have been listening to it ever since, Fragments of Time is my favorite song so far but the whole album is great

Mehh I like the album.
Certain tracks like instant crush and lose yourself amongst a few other are pretty dope.
BUT I hope they go back more "house" like music.
Not saying the album isn't dope .

been listening in my headphones since i got it, brought it out to the car today and :wow:. if you got even a lil' bit of a system in your car or a stereo in the crib try listening to it that way.

been listening in my headphones since i got it, brought it out to the car today and :wow:. if you got even a lil' bit of a system in your car or a stereo in the crib try listening to it that way.
Exactly!!! That's why I bought bose headphones to really enjoy the live instruments!!! The music is so alive and crispy!!! The recording of this album is on point.

heard it on my PC first time and thought it was great but after I thought to myself "can't wait to listen to it in the car"
roll.gif
10x better

Mehh I like the album.
Certain tracks like instant crush and lose yourself amongst a few other are pretty dope.

was hoping it was more along the Discovery and Human After All Sound... when I think Daft Punk I think of funk with electronic sounds. Digging the real instruments and voices but still :\

Mehh I like the album.
Don't be scared to say the album isn't dope. Half the songs on this thing suck.

its just a well made pop album. its not anything groundbreaking imo, but it doesnt "suck".

sometimes i like some cheese with my wine :tongue:

the most impressive thing about the album is the marketing and timing imo.

they basically sparked the fire that fueled the whole "EDM" craze (god i hate the term EDM), layed low for years to let it simmer and let the EDM hype build,
then BAM, came back at the height to build on the hype already associated with them.

genius. cant knock the hustle.

just wait til the "remix" albums start pouring in. :rolleyes you guys'll get your edm version.

Last edited:
Mehh I like the album.

:lol: okay you caught me. I had very high expectations. About 4 tracks max that I can see myself listening on a daily basis out of this album.

^ that might be the best remixes I've heard of the album yet. those 8-bit versions would work perfectly in Zelda or Metroid

Back
Top Bottom