Daft Punk officially on Columbia

I'm buying RAM on day 1 and my sis just told she pre-ordered the vinyl and copped the Discovery vinyl for my b-day since it's the next week :pimp:

This is listed as the full song... I'm a big Daft Punk fan, big Nile Rodgers fan, & like most of what Pharrell's done so the 3 of these entities working together is like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup.... It just seems to go hand in hand... Pharrell kinda sounds like he's trying to get his Michael Jackson on...
]

funny you mention that about pharrell because....

some dude on youtube messed with the pitch of the song, and i think it sounds even better than the original. original track is still good though.

Last edited:

some dude on youtube messed with the pitch of the song, and i think it sounds even better than the original. original track is still good though.
This is hilarious. It sounds SO BAD. 
roll.gif

Song is number 1 in 50 countries and broke spotify streaming records.

Yup.

Last edited:
This is listed as the full song... I'm a big Daft Punk fan, big Nile Rodgers fan, & like most of what Pharrell's done so the 3 of these entities working together is like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup.... It just seems to go hand in hand... Pharrell kinda sounds like he's trying to get his Michael Jackson on...
]

must have something to do with the fact that Pharell can't sing, hrmmm

Nile Rodgers is the highlight of the  song. 

No disrespect to Pharrell, but I prefer the instrumental of this song over the full song with vocals. Guitar riff is too funky. 

Last edited:

Whenever Pharrell sings or writes a song for an r&b artist, I can always hear him channeling MJ or he's using songs that were originally written by him that were intended for MJ.

I read an interview a while back that he had like 30 songs written for MJ but when he took the demos he had to MJ's people, they turned him down.

Some of those songs were Timberlake's Senorita & Like I Love You along with Usher's U Don't Have To Call. If you listen to those songs, you can hear MJ especially on the bridges for each of those songs.

Nile Rodgers is the highlight of the  song. 

No disrespect to Pharrell, but I prefer the instrumental of this song over the full song with vocals. Guitar riff is too funky. 

I love Nile Rodgers guitar playing too. Glad someone else appreciates him in here too.

JT-Rock Your Body was also written for MJ. A lot of Timberlake's stuff was basically emulating MJ

Never really listened to daft punk before but heard this song yesterday and can't stop playing it

Pharrell performed Get Lucky at a free show at House of Vans in BK.  Ran it back 3 times.  Just as smooth live, even though I was a little disappointed he didn't bring them out.  No complaints, though. 

Can't stop listening to this new song. 
pimp.gif

Always though of MJ first time listening. 
laugh.gif

No word on how "official" this is but Nile Rodgers posted it on his site last week
The second Pharrell track

It sounds familiar though, but nothing other word on it yet

people i've been talking with about this album think there's way too much hype... but that 2nd nile rodgers / pharrell tune, who wouldn't want to hear more of that? and why wouldn't the rest of the album be that good?

The wait is too much... but it will be the album of the summer for me at least.

this is better than the MJ edit imo..

also if you your enjoy DP, which im sure you do if your here, check out Thomas Bang & Guy-Man's solo stuff. this is my personal favorite (Guy-Man's).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom