Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

There's no way in hell Dwight Powell gets $12m unless we're the idiots that give it to him. He's not getting that on the open market. No way, no how.

You guys nailed a lot of salient points

The identity of the team hinges on this summer. Are they going for a balanced team or should they just go for offense

So many pros and cons of the big men, and besides that I have a feeling dallas will be beggars not choosers. A lot of these potential signings have a high chance of returning

If they end up with two starters I’ll for the most part be happy. Rebounding is a must and I don’t think Tobias Harris is their best fit especially for the money

dr2bo1rw62031.jpg

I just don’t see any way they land someone in the top 2 tiers.

Second tier guys will take their maxes at home. Tier 1 is going LAs or NYK.

I'll leave this here lol

"
So I just had my crazy fan theory about Jimmy Butler discussed on Locked on Mavericks podcast (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...-the-dallas-mavs/id1153678569?i=1000440014910). I have no social media outside Reddit, so whoever linked them my post thank you so much. If you could also let Isaac and Nick know that I have been part of the raccoon squad before Luka was drafted, love the show and was very happy to hear my ideas discussed on the show I would greatly appreciate. I know that many of you listen to the podcast, so I thought I would repost my thoughts for anyone who missed them as well as update the theory with additional information that surfaced in the comments of my previous post.

So my original post was as follows please feel free to skip to the bottom to see new points if you have read this before,

"I believe through subtle hints the Mavs have tipped their hand that Jimmy Butler is actually their number 1 target. Below is my list of reasons, including links to the speculative evidence I have found.

1. Brian Windhorst's speculative quote concerning the Mavericks and Jimmy Butler's Instagram post to the city of Philadelphia. The main take away for me from the Windhorst's quote was concerning the combine. Specifically, "All right, first off the Combine in Chicago last week is now where a lot of NBA business gets done. I promise you there were deals agreed on at the combine last week." The Jimmy Butler post I am referring to was made on May 16th when he posted a picture of himself in a Philly jersey with the following quote, "to Philly. and my teammates. THANK YOU." My main take away from the above points is the date of the post (May 16th) and of the draft combine (May 15 - May 19th). My argument is the Instagram post was made after agreeing in principle to a deal with the Mavericks at the combine, which we know Jimmy attended . Brian Windhorst found out the deal occurred but did not want to give away his sources. Thus we received the very ambiguous quote from Windhorst concerning the Mavericks.

2. Jimmy Butler, Luka, and Kristaps flying to Dallas at the same time. This has been mentioned on the subreddit before and thus I want to give credit to Lollipop_Trae's post here, . For the Synopsis, Jimmy (https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks...immy-Butler-Instagram-shows-Dallas-132231414/), Kristaps (https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...tisfied-bar-fight-case-wrong-place-wrong-time) and Luka () have all flown back to Dallas at the same time. This coincides with the belief that a deal is already complete with Jimmy, and now a meeting is taking place for the new teammates to get acquainted.

3. Maverick's podcast network detailing what the media is allowed to know about free agency plans. Numerous time on all three of the Maverick owned podcast (the 4 pointer, numbers on the board and the ceiling is the roof) they have mentioned that any media coverage you hear concerning the Mavericks and personal changes are false. Specifically, on The ceiling is the Roof, they mentioned that they knew there was a chance Kristaps was coming to Dallas because the Mavericks were not on the list of teams interested in KP provided by Woj. In line with this thinking, all of the media coverage that has specifically noted the Mavericks are not interested in Jimmy Butler () is a sign that they are actually making him their number 1 priority and are putting out false info to create a smoke screen.

When taking the three above points into consideration, the fact that Butler is a perfect on-court fit, and he is from Texas all signs point to him as the Mavericks actual number 1 free agent target."

In addition to these points, one additional piece of information has been brought to light that might help answer the question of why Jimmy would pick Dallas.

4. The suspicious link between Wesley Mathews and Jimmy Butler. It is now known that Wesley Mathews was also in Dallas during the same time Luka, Jimmy and Kristaps were in Dallas (https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/...t_soccer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app). Furthermore, Wesley Mathews has referred to Jimmy as his little brother (https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da.../matthews-surprised-butlers-53-point-outburst). My belief is that the Mavericks are planning to unite Jimmy Butler and Wesley Mathews in Dallas. I could also imagine that Wes Mathews views concerning Dallas (https://www.mavs.com/wesley-matthews-touched-by-tribute-but-hasnt-changed-a-bit-with-pacers/) could help explain why Jimmy would want to come here and is probably excited about it."

Are we really about to be the team that maxes out long-term Jimmy Butler? :lol:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't hate it - if someone else came before it or we kept flexibility after.

He's kind of the ideal "model" with KP in place.

Would take so much other things falling into place, probably even a third team to make that trade make any sense. Assuming that Capela wouldn't be their main target. If they were able to pull off Capela and another starter, then sure, maybe it looks better. But again that would take quite a bit of maneuvering

It seems like Dallas is just getting their name in the mix for everyone

I really like Blake. But him and kristaps ain’t it. No rebounding and both them dudes could be out for the year by Christmas.

I heard the Mavs don’t like a Luka/Randle pairing. :smh:

yup sadly putting all their chips in the Kemba basket not eem interested in Butler either :smh:

could easily see them coming out with an underwhelming Beverly/Harris duo

:lol: Yall better not be listening to Mike Fisher.

What would be wrong with pairing Luka/Randle?

From what I’ve heard they think he would need the ball too much to be effective and don’t think he’s cool with being 3rd fiddle in his crib

Back
Top Bottom