Dallas police woman breaks into home of young man and shoots him to death Update: GUILTY of murder

Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-she-mistakes-her-own-fatally-shoots-n907411

Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

A Dallas man was killed late Thursday when a police officer returning home from her shift entered the wrong apartment in her building and eventually opened fire, authorities said.

Details surrounding the death of Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of St. Lucia, were not immediately available early Friday.

His mother, Allie Jean, said in a phone interview from her St. Lucia home that his family was stunned to learn of his death.

"He did no one any wrong," she said.

Dallas police in a statement said that preliminary information suggests the officer involved called for help, and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

The incident began just before 10 p.m. CT (11 p.m. ET) at the South Side Flats, an upscale apartment complex directly south of Dallas' downtown.

During the encounter, the officer was in full uniform and "fired her weapon striking the victim," police said.

Jean was taken to the hospital and died. The Dallas County Medical Examiner later released his identity.

180906-botham-shem-jean-mn-1015_bf62d06c17898b14e068a0ddf292e50f.fit-560w.jpg

She just drew her gun and capped him? How does she handle these situations on the job? This is ridiculous and she deserves a lot of jail time killing an innocent man on account of her own mistake. A mistake that certainly didn't require pulling a trigger. Air her name out already.

Since when do cops wear their uniform home
I thought they change at the station before
And after their shift

3 witnesses seem to indicate that she was yelling and breached his door

Police did not indicate that anyone else had witnessed the shooting, but two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

"It was, like, police talk: 'Open up! Open up!'" 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson said.

Yazmine Hernandez, 20, was studying with Simpson when they heard the commotion.

"We heard cops yelling," she said, "but otherwise had no idea what was going on."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ported-cedars-near-dallas-police-headquarters

Last edited:
I get that we don’t have all the information, but if the basic facts from the news article are correct, I don’t understand how she hasn’t been arrested.

damn what the heck

thats why i hate apartments

sometimes people be knocking or trying to open the door then they find out its the wrong place

i keep a eye on them to make sure they go into the said place (which is the door in front of ours) and they do all the time

cop wilding if she did kick the door in ..i pictured they just left the door unlocked and she walked in to dude on the couch just chilling

Cops just keeping finding new ways to get dumber ....This is crazy, either shorty showed up intoxicated or she was looking for somebody to shoot that night...makes no sense any other way

This should be an easy case to lock her up but we know how this all goes :smh:

This is legit 5 mins away from me. How tf does something like this happen?
She better get charged. It's insane.

So... she got in the apartment and didn’t notice it realize that it looked nothing like her she on the inside?

She deserves a bullet

Back
Top Bottom