Dascha on the summerjam screen

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.28.10 PM.png

and her follow up

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.29.30 PM.png

I don't get her logic, she seems to be a big enough star to help her "community"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.28.10 PM.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.28.10 PM.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 10
Frankly, I'm not a fan of the decisive conversation that's happening in those screen shots, but the fault is not in the folks highlighted. That headline that pits "black nominees" against "Latino" nominees is the real problem, so curses to whoever created it. Black wins should be brown wins and vice versa. The Latinx community should be celebrating the increase in black nominees because it's evidence of barriers coming down, one that will benefit all people of color.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the decisive conversation that's happening in those screen shots, but the fault is not in the folks highlighted. That headline that pits "black nominees" against "Latino" nominees is the real problem, so curses to whoever created it. Black wins should be brown wins and vice versa. The Latinx community should be celebrating the increase in black nominees because it's evidence of barriers coming down, one that will benefit all people of color.

very well put together.

Speaking in a general sense, If you want something speak up and fight for it.

When black people wanted something...they spoke up and fought for it. When they asked other groups to join in they gave us the cold shoulder the majority of the time. There was a very small minority of outside groups who would join us in these things.

Now that we've made progress for ourselves in some way, instead of saying "We can do the same" its "How come you didn't fight for us too?" when they were silent on these issues in the first place.

That's why sometimes I'm skeptical of all this "unity" talk. It always seems to come back on black people and voicing a dislike for something we're involved in instead of targeting the issue that caused the particular struggle you're facing.

Im hispanic and hate **** like this. We cant expect the black american collective to fight our battles for us. We benefit enough from prior battles where many of us stood idle or played dumb on some model minority ****.

let others shine in peace. And let that **** serve as Motivation/blueprint.

in totality, its a battle against a very racist, sexist, xenophobic, white dominant, etc society. So show ****in unity and be happy.

Crab in a bucket mentality . Latino's don't have to pull brothers and sista's down for crumbs .
with the way some act
they think they better than black folks anyway
so why even try and rain on our parade
not to mention dascha and john leguizmo
are puerto rican and domincan respectively
so they black
:smh:
bunch of lames
and i used to like john

has anyone asked which ethnic group she saying isnt trying to include her group
when asking for equality
cause black folks stay saying black and brown
but theres silence when its the other way around

thank you. Which is why I stop including brown. They don’t care about us like that.

I still dont understand to this day how there isnt a mass outrage/protest against the ICE concentration camps by the Latino community.
As a person thats been to jail, it was shocking to see some of those dudes had been sitting there for almost 2 years. For those that dont know, County Jails are considered worse than actual state prisons (bland food, less than 2 hours of rec time, limited visits/phone calls, no music, basic TV). Dudes would actually choose a year in Prison than a 6 month county sentence if they had a choice.

Stopped reading at Latinx.

But in all seriousness, Emmy representation is not what my black and brown community needs right now.

with the way some act
they think they better than black folks anyway
so why even try and rain on our parade
not to mention dascha and john leguizmo
are puerto rican and domincan respectively
so they black
:smh:
bunch of lames
and i used to like john
john leguizmo is not no damn black man. u gotta stop w/ that bs.
Stopped reading at Latinx.

But in all seriousness, Emmy representation is not what my black and brown community needs right now.
i'm telling you, ninjahood ninjahood , & masagipatron masagipatron that it's a thing. it may not make sense, but it's a thing :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom