Dave Chappelle: In his own words

stillhungry

Banned
The Chappelle show was a staple of my childhood.  A classic.  His stand ups speak for themselves, and he should be recognized as one of the best to ever do it.  We all know of the stories of him running away from 50 Million to Africa and ditching his career in America, as we knew of it.  Here's his take on everything, some profound stuff. 

This could have been explained without the cheesy music. I agree with him walking away before the industry tore him apart.

I saw this interview a while ago. The best part was when he said "name your price up front and as soon as it becomes too much, you gotta get out"  He dad dying seems like a blessing in disguise, he became conscious.  Shareholders wanted him to sell his soul for 55 mil and he realized he couldn't go out like that.  You gotta wonder what really be going down hollywood.  Do people really be selling their souls for that dollar?  Great interview!

I always said, dont judge the man. You never know why someone does something, and until you hear directly from them with their reasoning and their views on THEIR situation, don't be so quick to judge. $50 million being attached to his name does something to him like he said, he's no longer Dave Chappelle the funny guy, he's the guy who got paid $50 million, whose life now will never be the same. Imagine waking up one day and not being able to leave your house without 3 security guards, jumping into the back of a car, and your whole life planned out because it was too dangerous for you to just get up and go somewhere. He's not crazy, he's perhaps the most human person I've seen. Props.

I saw him do some stand up in May and he briefly touched on why he left. It makes me admire him beyond belief. He is by far my favorite comedian. His work and thoughts in general really mean a lot to me.

Back
Top Bottom