***Dave East Official Thread: "Karma 3 Out Now I Guess***

Timbaland having something to do with Seventeen:smokin one of my faves on there. V-Don was nice on Me & Mines too.

It's not a good album. It's very bloated at 20 songs and the second half of the album drags down whatever good will he created on the first half. There is a really bad five song stretch that just makes me tap out. He needed a better A&R to put this together.

Last edited:
Dave East sold 22,319 his first week., 5700 of them were actual sales.

It's funny cause when he first signed a lot of us said why, he not the type to move big numbers. I wonder what Def Jam was expecting.

Blood better start modeling overseas cause Def Jam ain’t putting no $ into a 2nd album

Blood better start modeling overseas cause Def Jam ain’t putting no $ into a 2nd album

"Everybody keep tellin' me, Make a club record. You ain't trappin' no more, stop makin' drug records. You got a daughter 'bout to come, stop makin' thug records“ ...They lied to you East. Should of just left Wayno as main management. The new team behind him or A&R ruined it.

If I was Def Jam I wouldn't put NO big $ into a second album because of the sales. Happy he got to release though.

He's put out projects since signing to Def Jam so I'd assume they expected some numbers like this. He never had a big single or anything.

I didn’t see much promo for the album, and it’s possible people might’ve lost interest since he’s put out a couple so-so projects. That’s said, I enjoyed this album, I think he delivered on this one.

He's put out projects since signing to Def Jam so I'd assume they expected some numbers like this. He never had a big single or anything.

"Dave East had a big album budget over $1 million dollars spent by Def Jam and right now its looking like a big L for Def Jam. First week sale projections are in and Dave East “Survival” album only sold 3,000 copies its first week. The album landed 164 on the billboard charts! People from Def Jam are telling us that the label is strongly considering to drop Dave East; because they are expecting to lose almost all of that $1 Million dollar Dave spent making this new album."

I wonder how much they spent on the videos and such. Either way so far I like the album but he really doesn't need Def Jam at this point. He has a fanbase and he has enough solid network.All he needs is distribution.

I saw that article but don’t believe it cause 3K isn’t correct. I posted the actual numbers from the chart and his album is 11 or 13 on the charts, not 164.

I saw that article but don’t believe it cause 3K isn’t correct. I posted the actual numbers from the chart and his album is 11 or 13 on the charts, not 164.

I knew I couldn’t believe some of these tabloids. Not bad at 11 or 13. Depends though.

1596572889596.png

Man this **** was originally the 7th. I see Def Jam posted it so he must still be there.

I don't know who is handling Dave's music but he gotta get fired. Couldn't be more out of touch.

This ***** been dropping fire for months on World Star and only three of those songs made this project?

These features are so out of place and forced. Song with Young Dolph came on and I couldn't understand why. Two very different audiences, stupid as hell.

Best songs are his solo joints. Handsome, Envy, Menace and Believe It or Not.

Handsome and Believe It or Not are the ones though, damn

Last edited:
Handsome
Menace
Stone Killer
Thank God
Know How I Feel

Mary J singing her *** on on Know How I Feel. A couple standouts and a handful of ok tracks. Liked Survival more. The Popcaan track is cool too. The track with Bino should’ve just been a Dave solo, cause Bino doing all that squealing and Young Thug imitating made be skip the hell out of it.

Bout to give the IG Crip Model a spin 1 last time before I cancel him...

Hope it doesn’t disappoint

Back
Top Bottom