david stern superkicks bruce bowen; ends his streak at 500 vol. SUSPENSION

NEW YORK, March 14, 2008 - Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs has been suspended one game without pay for striking Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets with his leg, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred following a foul call on Paul with 5:15 remaining in the third period of the Spurs' 100-75 loss to the Hornets on Wednesday, March 12 at New Orleans Arena.

Bowen will serve his suspension tonight when the Spurs visit the Detroit Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

didn't see this posted anywhere else, but thank god he finally got caught this time.

Chris Paul was in the way of Bruce Bowen's knee. Paul was actually called for a foul on that play.

I've defended Bowen against the "he's dirty" charges, but he did use his legs to make intentional contact with Chris Paul.

SMH, dude had a great streak going and it ends on a stupid suspension. IMO he didnt deserve it but ehh.

international_fireworks_2_b.jpg

I think it is PERFECT that his streak ends in a suspension, and a suspension for playing dirty.

Out of a thousand things you have done wrong, Stern... I applaud you on this one.

Good job, guy.
pimp.gif

If I was a coach I'd have a dude that just fouled dirty all game long, and have him hurt bruce bowen.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I think it is PERFECT that his streak ends in a suspension, and a suspension for playing dirty.

Out of a thousand things you have done wrong, Stern... I applaud you on this one.

Good job, guy.
pimp.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself, I was hoping for the last 2 days this is how his streak would end cause it would be so fitting (should have beensuspended countless times before this, but whatever). Either way...

nxnwig.jpg

dude straight up kung fu 'd wally in the face,

purposely stepped under players on their shot causing injury,

thrown elbows galore,

and he get's suspended for this?

wow.

Its ridiculous how this is the first time he gets suspended when he constantly kicks people and kobe got like 2 in a row last year

^ While I completely agree with your logic, I'll take the suspension.

Yeah, he has done far worse than what he did to Paul, but that doesn't mean it's right to say 'Well, he did other things worse than this and Ididn't suspend him, so I can't suspend him for this'

The right thing to say is exactly what Stern just said: 'This was wrong, and hes being suspended for it.' Forget the precedent that was set by otheracts he's done, because no one said those were precedent-setting incidents. He did them and should have been suspended, but he wasn't. This one? He didit and should have been suspended... and he has been.
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

Dude straight out acted like he didnt do anything wrong

I hate him. Im glad his Ironman streak ends on this suspension. He deserved a suspension for everything else he has done, but its about time Stern didsomething.

can anyone count how many star players this clown has tried to injure? off the top of my head:

ray allen
allen iverson
vince carter
wally szczerbiak (all star in 2002!)
chris paul
steve francis
amare stoudemire
jamal crawford
anthony parker

i'm sure i left some out, who else?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

can anyone count how many star players this clown has tried to injure? off the top of my head:

ray allen
allen iverson
vince carter
wally szczerbiak (all star in 2002!)
chris paul
steve francis
amare stoudemire
jamal crawford
anthony parker

i'm sure i left some out, who else?

Mike Bibby, Josh Howard, Michael Finley, Vladimir Radmanovic, Jalen Rose

Back