DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

They really should of gone with faceless white mannequins. :lol:

6a3f60e8_wtf.jpeg

Doug Liman isn't going to be directing Justice League Dark. It's schedule related. He's already got like 5 other movies. I hope when his schedule clears up, they let him do something else.

Apparently one of the contenders for JLD that they're approaching is the guy who's directing the IT reboot.

This video raises an interesting point: the idea that Snyder and Whedon's styles (polar opposites) will meet halfway in Justice League and create something beautiful

[Video][/Video]

It's already confirmed to not be a Whedon movie tho, it's a Whedon/Snyder movie

Fusion Dance :pimp:
It's not even that.

Snyder finished 3/4ths of the work. Whedon is stepping in to just close the game. Can't be no fusion when Whedon has had no say in script, cast, etc.

The best I'm expecting is Whedon got to EDIT this masterfully in post so we get the best version of what Snyder came up with.

Last edited:
Doug Liman isn't going to be directing Justice League Dark. It's schedule related. He's already got like 5 other movies. I hope when his schedule clears up, they let him do something else.

Apparently one of the contenders for JLD that they're approaching is the guy who's directing the IT reboot.
Now my interest for JLD is gone.

Liman was a good get, but it's no surprise his schedule is full.

Seems like all these folks dipping from DC prioritize other projects whenever there's a scheduling conflicting. The poor reception no doubt plays a part in that, money isn't everything.

that one article states that the new scenes were written by Whedon so I think that is mostly what he'll be shooting

there's also some scheduled reshoots that he'll have a hand on (but the reshoots were already planned even during pre-productions)

he might also have a hand in the final editing of the film, which is very likely since the film doesn't come out til Nov

Now my interest for JLD is gone.

Liman was a good get, but it's no surprise his schedule is full.

I'm still stoked on JLD because I like the characters. I guess they didn't want to push the movie back ridiculously far. I don't know anything about the IT director, but he might even be a better fit because of his experience with horror.

Down the line when Liman's schedule clears up and they start doing deeper cut characters, I think he would be perfect for Captain Atom. He could use some of the same sensibilities from Edge of Tomorrow.

40481d6f_Captain-Atom-DCE28099s-Rebirth.jpeg

I'm unfazed by Doug Liman stepping away from JLD. He is a fickle one. He also stepped away from the Gambit movie. My hope is that Gillermo Del Toro is back into consideration to direct JLD

My co worker just won Wonder Woman tickets for next Wednesday from KROQ. So jelly.

Last edited:
from the JL trivia questions?

I wanted to call in but I won the GotG2 tix less than 30 days ago so I'm not eligible yet

Back
Top Bottom