DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

If JGL were a brolic dude, he would be the perfect Shazam.
Word. He'd just need to get as brolic as Tom Hardy for it to work.
Yea he was bulky, by the end of the film isn't he more lean, though. Like the tech starts going back to the classic look.

I died when Shazam was like the "the super 7" :rofl:
Yeah it does a bit but still I was already not fond of the character so it was a bit of a weird intro.

This definitely had some laughs in it :lol:

I was wondering why Aquaman got ditched for Shazam especially for a villain like this.

He could play the "billy" version
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm sure they're going to keep Billy as a young kid in the film.

Justice League War :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WW: What's your problem with me?

Protestor: Blah, blah, blah...... and you dress like a *****!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Soooooo unexpected. Fell out my seat type shock laughter.

What kind of JL universe is this? This movie is clearly not for kids :lol: Supes almost comes off like he's a killer.

Half way in to this and this seems like what the guys doing the film hoped their DC movieverse would be like. Down to the snarky Reynolds like Hal Jordan.

Their Cyborg still whack and corny looking.

It's based on the New 52 JL dynamic

Hal+Freaks+Out+on+Bats.png

Last edited:
Was Supes fighting someone when GL and Bats went looking for him? I forgot? The Supes started whooping on them.

I think Supes was just fighting a parademon, it blew up in the building and then GL went in to fight him.

Justice League War :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WW: What's your problem with me?

Protestor: Blah, blah, blah...... and you dress like a *****!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Soooooo unexpected. Fell out my seat type shock laughter.

What kind of JL universe is this? This movie is clearly not for kids :lol: Supes almost comes off like he's a killer.

Half way in to this and this seems like what the guys doing the film hoped their DC movieverse would be like. Down to the snarky Reynolds like Hal Jordan.

Their Cyborg still whack and corny looking.

That's the typical reaction to the New 52 in general :lol:

War's a solid film though.

Yeah he was a bit off.

Writer(s) did their best trying to juggle everybody. Really came off as Cyborg and GL as the leads with WW mainly supporting. Flash got the least attention.

As hard as he was to beat, Darkseid seemed to get jobbed when I really think about it. No depth to his character like in other movies and cartoon eps.

Last edited:
Yeah he was a bit off.

Writer(s) did their best trying to juggle everybody. Really came off as Cyborg and GL as the leads with WW mainly supporting. Flash got the least attention.

As hard as he was to beat, Darkseid seemed to get jobbed when I really think about it. No depth to his character like in other movies and cartoon eps.

Yep. This really only served to introduce him so the JLA could come together to stop a big threat. His next appearance in Darkseid War is far better in my opinion. War, for both the comics and films, honestly should've just used another villain. You can't bring out the biggest gun right at the start after all. Gotta work your way up. That alien invasion the JLA had to fight off in the animated series worked just fine.

That universe needs to be expanded.

I want warped versions of Martian Manhunter (probably a white Martian that aint afraid of fire), GL, Flash (make it Zoom :lol: ), and Shazam (this can be an old man that turns in to a teenager with super powers :lol: )

Last edited:
I've been saying how much I liked Mexican Superman. Dude was a boss. Wonder Woman was awesome also.

I've been saying how much I liked Mexican Superman. Dude was a boss. Wonder Woman was awesome also.
As far as origins go they took a royal family backstabbing plot and made it work real well for a superhero concept.

I was really interested. Seeing Highfather as the bad guy, Darkseid smiling at a wedding as a somewhat good guy then dying. I'm ready for the movie where her and Lextron go to New Genesis and kill them all :pimp:

Mexican Superman also has way more depth than regular Supes. Endless potential. Mercy killing for kid Brainiac :smh:

Only thing I didn't like in the end was the suggestion they stop killing. Nah, keep it up when necessary. The world built really felt like how things would be if superheroes existed in our world to an extent. Reminded a little bit of Watchmen and more of Squadron Supreme MAX.

Last edited:
I re-watched Justice League War and Flashpoint Paradox over the weekend. DC is still reigning king over the animation and story department. I would even go so far as to say JL Flashpoint Paradox > Under the Red Hood. That movie was top notch and suprisingly emotional. 

Btw, Son of Batman is also on netflix

That universe needs to be expanded.

I want warped versions of Martian Manhunter (probably a white Martian that aint afraid of fire), GL, Flash (make it Zoom :lol: ), and Shazam (this can be an old man that turns in to a teenager with super powers :lol: )

Been saying from the jump that they should've set about making an animated series based around that world after the film came out, because it was very, very good.

I re-watched Justice League War and Flashpoint Paradox over the weekend. DC is still reigning king over the animation and story department. I would even go so far as to say JL Flashpoint Paradox > Under the Red Hood. That movie was top notch and suprisingly emotional. 

Btw, Son of Batman is also on netflix

Naah.

DC's doing a good job building up their animated universe though. Seems like it took them forever to realize the potential it had.

Back
Top Bottom