DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Greg Berlanti Confirms "Booster Gold" Movie, May Direct

View media item 2029525
FANTASTIC news!!! I wanted a Berlanti Blue & Gold DCTVU show, but this could be even better since they'll have that box office budget.

I'd love to see a "washed-up" actor play Booster, since he's a "washed-up" football player. Someone like Mark Paul Gosselaar or James Van Der Beek would be pretty funny. But WB will probably want a big name.

Maybe Ben can talk to his buddy Matt????

I'd love to see a "washed-up" actor play Booster, since he's a "washed-up" football player. Someone like Mark Paul Gosselaar or James Van Der Beek would be pretty funny. But WB will probably want a big name.

That's actually a really good idea. It might be crazy enough to work.

That's basically Armie Hammer. It seemed like he was being groomed to be next up, but then he never recovered from The Lone Ranger.

I really like that idea, taking an actor who doesn't seem like he's got much left and giving him the role. Then it'd be great to see the film do well and that actor's career getting a boost out of it. Comeback stories aren't impossible after all.

Wouldn't that be something? The sure thing that was Batman v Superman being as polarizing as it is, but having characters like Aquaman, Booster Gold, and the Suicide Squad be hit movies.

Might be the final nails in Zack Snyder's coffin.

After all the jokes Aquaman's been subject to over the years that character honestly deserves it. It'd be funny regardless though, if any of those films do better than BvS because those are B to D-list properties :lol: Like you said, BvS was a sure thing, the others are all pretty risky.

I still expect Suicide Squad to be decent enough based on the trailers.

Darwyn Cooke has cancer, he has now been place into palliative care.

Darwyn wrote, for my money the best Justice League story ever; The New Frontier.

The New Frontier, was adapted into a very good animated film "Justice League: The New Frontier". It is very good, the book is better.

Justice League: The New Frontier is hopeful, optimistic, and incredible and another reason why I will never accept the idea that this grim and gritty Zach Snyder ******** is the way these characters should be written.

anyways go read some Darwyn Cooke if you miss good DC comics.

Last edited:

Darwyn wrote, for my money the best Justice League story ever; The New Frontier.

The New Frontier, was adapted into a very good animated film "Justice League: The New Frontier". It is very good, the book is better.

Justice League: The New Frontier is hopeful, optimistic, and incredible and another reason why I will never accept the idea that this grim and gritty Zach Snyder ******** is the way these characters should be written.

Awww man... that's terrible. I knew he wasn't well, but didn't realize it was cancer. I thought his drinking had gotten the best of him. Crap...

Yeah, New Frontier was incredible. My brother and I are both big fans of his, and we met him at NY Comic Con back in '05 where he was kind enough to sign a couple copies of New Frontier issues I scooped up before meeting him. My brother got me his Batman B&W statue, which I think is one of the best Batman statues ever made (and the best Golden Age-style one). I've always made it a point to buy any issue he's done cover art for, as well, and even bought my brother signed versions of these for Christmas a few years ago - https://www.criterion.com/shop_products/48-monsters-and-madmen-i-art-prints-set-of-4

It'll be a real loss to the comics community if he doesn't pull through.

RT @VanityFair: #TheFlash proves Warner Bros. can move on from #BatmanvsSuperman https://t.co/Bx3pmwaoNO

Hey, I said from the jump that both Flash and Arrow should've been folded into the DCEU and that'll forever be a missed opportunity. :smh:

Damn that sucks. Going to go ahead and watch New Frontier now. Really is a solid story. Probably won't ever find a greater love letter to the golden age of comics.

Hey, I said from the jump that both Flash and Arrow should've been folded into the DCEU and that'll forever be a missed opportunity.
mean.gif

Damn that sucks. Going to go ahead and watch New Frontier now. Really is a solid story. Probably won't ever find a greater love letter to the golden age of comics.
Gosh NO! Amel and Gustin are fine right where they are. I like the Flash ( stopped watching Arrow after season 2 ) , but the characters work for the small screen. Trying to translate them to the big screen would be a huge mistake. I would not pay to watch some of the cheesy acting on the big screen. I'm more than good with Ezra Miller playing the big screen flash. 

Hey, I said from the jump that both Flash and Arrow should've been folded into the DCEU and that'll forever be a missed opportunity.
mean.gif

Gosh NO! Amel and Gustin are fine right where they are. I like the Flash ( stopped watching Arrow after season 2 ) , but the characters work for the small screen. Trying to translate them to the big screen would be a huge mistake. I would not pay to watch some of the cheesy acting on the big screen. I'm more than good with Ezra Miller playing the big screen flash. 
this. flash and arrow are okay for CW level TV but you dont want to have all the cheesy tv nonsense in your big budget cinematic universe.

they wouldn't even be able to make deathstroke cool since he's just a huge simp who is butthurt over a dead girl

RT @VanityFair: #TheFlash proves Warner Bros. can move on from #BatmanvsSuperman https://t.co/Bx3pmwaoNO
I don't get this tweet. Are they saying they should make the tv continuity in to movies? or that cuz The Flash is still a good show a movie fail with your 2 biggest heroes is something you just can move on from with no concern?

Almost thought the tweet meant they saw the Flash movie or something :lol:

Last edited:
Hey, I said from the jump that both Flash and Arrow should've been folded into the DCEU and that'll forever be a missed opportunity. :smh:

Naah, it'd be fire and go off great.

Back
Top Bottom