DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Deadpool ain't help apocalypse

of course it did, it gave Fox breathing room because it was such a smash hit. Apocalypse didn't have to be all or nothing, cuz it was looking shaky before Deadpool hit, Fox righted da ship with Deadpool...

Wonder woman has da same job..right da ship.

I don't see Aquaman's solo film reaching 700 million, personally

Problem is, he goes from piggybacking off of successful films so there is momentum going into his film.. like the marvel films, who made near 700 with dr strange and over 500 with antman

Even WW is dealing with this.. where they need to rise out of the crap, like deadpool

look at BP which will have the momentum and hype going from CW

of course it did, it gave Fox breathing room because it was such a smash hit. Apocalypse didn't have to be all or nothing, cuz it was looking shaky before Deadpool hit, Fox righted da ship with Deadpool...

Nah it didn't.. I see deadpool as a isolated entity

All deadpool does to me, is further show how dumb fox is for giving singer so much power

No clue how much control the other DCEU folks will get, but if they get deadpool level freedom and succeed.. other folks going look funny in the light

Nah it didn't.. I see deadpool as a isolated entity

he's not though, Deadpool is da top of da spear of da next train of X-men releases (from da more violent X-force/factor variety) that definitely wouldn't have da clout to do had Deadpool been a flop Critical or commercial. Hell Logan owes its existence and success to da good will by osmosis Deadpool gave it.

DC is underachieving hardbody, to my bewilderment cuz they start with a unified front top to bottom owning all da rights to all their characters via Warner Bros.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the fate of the DCEU kinda does rest on the shoulders of WW (as well as female lead CBM's in the future). From a critical standpoint at least. So far with all the positive responses it's gotten that's a good sign heading to it's release. Personally, I hope it does well with critics and most of the general audience. I want this movie to make as much money as possible and head into JL with huge momentum. And hopefully JL will be well received too and carry that momentum into Aquaman. Ultimately I think it will. 

Last edited:
Unless one of these movies pulls a King Arthur DC gonna keep cranking out these movies.

WW doing 725 mill
Aqua doing numbers. Glady take bets on that

A film starring Momoa-Gawd and directed by James Wan will do numbers. Y'all buggin

He's easily who I have the most faith in.. assuming he gets to do his thing

Would have rathered if he was on batman though.. and they should put him in charge of justice league dark and anything there related

Hell of Snyder screws up, I got way more faith in wan delivering on darkseid

Last edited:
A film starring Momoa-Gawd and directed by James Wan will do numbers. Y'all buggin
We pretending like Jason Momoa is a movie star that has a list of blockbusters now? :lol: Like can anybody name one action movie or any movie Momoa carried as the leading man?

Basically the same for Wan for this movie. Its not like he's directing Aquaman: The Furious Insidious Conjuring.

JL will be the trial run but Wan is going to have to bring it with the trailer and the look of these underwater scenes.

I don't see Aquaman's solo film reaching 700 million, personally

if they slap that director of fast and furious 7 on that trailer....
It's the other way around.

Its the fast franchise that's the draw and potentially make actors and directors popular.

Vin is a good example of taking that and then making himself a real movie star because of it.

Last edited:
We pretending like Jason Momoa is a movie star that has a list of blockbusters now? :lol: Like can anybody name one action movie or any movie Momoa carried as the leading man?

Basically the same for Wan for this movie. Its not like he's directing Aquaman: The Furious Insidious Conjuring.

JL will be the trial run but Wan is going to have to bring it with the trailer and the look of these underwater scenes.

Its the fast franchise that's the draw and potentially make actors and directors popular.

Vin is a good example of taking that and then making himself a real movie star because of it.

I mean Wan makes hits man; his movies in general tend to do very well

I have faith in wan as a director.. I also had faith in Ayer

I have zero faith in whatever is going on behind the scenes

Aquaman, if it is going make bank, is goin the have to be by word of mouth.. like deadpool.. also Reynolds did a ton of promotional stuff for it

If JL bombs, they can just throw Snyder under the bus

Last edited:
No way JL bombs, but I don't see it making a billion like it should. Crazy that JL drops in 6 months. I know it's early but I'm not hype to see it at all. I shouldn't be more hype for a WW movie than JL.

Last edited:
Unless one of these movies pulls a King Arthur DC gonna keep cranking out these movies.

WW doing 725 mill
Aqua doing numbers. Glady take bets on that

perhaps, but DC movies usually rake in 2nd tier marvel movies..

Aquaman doing Antman numbers.

No way JL bombs, but I don't see it making a billion like it should. Crazy that JL drops in 6 months. I know it's early but I'm not hype to see it at all. I shouldn't be more hype for a WW movie than JL.

All perspective.. BVS doing under 900 is easily underperforming

JL should be doing avengers numbers.. if like BVS it doesn't break 900, Snyder has to go

Hell mos not getting over 700 and BVS being under 900 should have been signs things needed to be changed

Thor 2 was just under MOS and marvel didn't just stay the course

I mean Wan makes hits man; his movies in general tend to do very well
So put it on Wan then.

Adding Momoa like this aint the first time a studio has trusted him to carry a movie.

I actually like Wan's work but I can't pretend he has me hyped for Aguaman.

Khal Drogo has learned to swim and people want to see him beast again and clap the cheeks of fire crotch khaleesi underwater.

Khal Drogo has learned to swim and people want to see him beast again and clap the cheeks of fire crotch khaleesi underwater.

How'd that work out for the Conan remake?

I know he was the lead in some show, no clue if that's still on or not.. then there was some mad max wasteland type movie

Back
Top Bottom