DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Superman vs Zod is a better CGI spectacle and better choreographed fight than The League vs. Steppenwolf, hell so is Superman and Wonder Woman vs. Doomsday :smh:

So how did y'all feel about
Flash and Cyborg just digging up Superman from his grave? I felt like the entire resurrection of Superman just didn't hit. Him fighting everyone was legit and holding Bats by his neck was :wow: but it was like they just copied what Lex did to create Doomsday :smh:

CW handled a number of things going at once well, really well.. they were able to introduce 2 new significant characters without making them feel forced and having them have legit substance and value in the film (hell i'd say BP and spidey were the best parts of the movie)

you dont feel like anyone is marginalized in the film

AOU didnt do that well.. and there are great sequences in the film.. kinda like TDKR.. where there is good there.. the flaws were just a lil too much

Agreed with everything...I thought Antman stole the show in Civil war tho :lol:

So how did y'all feel about
Flash and Cyborg just digging up Superman from his grave? I felt like the entire resurrection of Superman just didn't hit. Him fighting everyone was legit and holding Bats by his neck was :wow: but it was like they just copied what Lex did to create Doomsday :smh:

That was trash. There were so many better directions they could have gone with that. Plus, in BVS we saw the dirt start to rise, I would think after some time Supes would have left his coffin on his own. Flash and Cyborg were funny though.

"Do YOU bleed?" :wow:

Justice League is a lot better than GL. Better than a decent amount of CBM honestly. The good definitely outweighs the bad but if you're watching it ready to pick apart the dumb moments - you're gonna have a bad time. They're def there to be picked at.

Justice League is a lot better than GL. Better than a decent amount of CBM honestly. The good definitely outweighs the bad but if you're watching it ready to pick apart the dumb moments - you're gonna have a bad time. They're def there to be picked at.
I don't believe you that it's better than a whole bunch of cbm

But for argument's sake, let's say that you're right. It's Justice League. Being one of the best comic book movies out there is supposed to be the goal

I would say I was disappointed but that would mean I was expecting something good from Snyder. Movie just wasn't good at all. Zack does not know how to properly tell a story. The build up was anticlimactic as usual. There was an overuse of CGI just like in every Snyder film. I can literally complain about the same things I find wrong in all his other films.

I did enjoy Wonder Woman as expected. The Flash and Cyborg were good as well...would look forward to their films as long as Snyder doesn't direct.

My favorite part of the entire film was probably when Wonder Woman had the lasso on Aquaman :lol:.

It could just mean that there is still life force and the mother box is like the defibrillator that brought him back to life?

True, IMO though Superman's return should have been executed MUCH better. Also, Snyder dims a lot of potentially iconic and epic moments; WTF was up with that wack title opener? No music, nothing. K=Just a banner waving in the wind that said Justice League lol.

Snyder should be brought on for ideas and principle cinematography ONLY.

It's like when Wally Pfister went and did his blunder with Deep.*

*He's only done one movie

True, IMO though Superman's return should have been executed MUCH better. Also, Snyder dims a lot of potentially iconic and epic moments; WTF was up with that wack title opener? No music, nothing. K=Just a banner waving in the wind that said Justice League lol.

I thought it was a good tie-in to the plot of the film to use the mother box. They described it as a life cycle that goes fast so it destroys and then recreates things including worlds and it makes some sense (to me) that it just accelerates Supes revival. Maybe he was alive and he would have awoken much later on anyways but the mother box sped it up. That's just how I saw it.

I also like how they got Lois to stop Supes, reminded me of Hush when Poison Ivy hypnotized him to fight Bat and just when he was about to kill Bats, Catwoman dangled Lois Supes and that snapped him out of it and went back to normal.

To be honest though, I'd love to see that badass Supes that gives no damns and just tosses Bats like a ragdoll :lol: They could do an elseworld and Cavill could be Injustice Supes.

There's not a lot of good in this at all

Don't they already have Geoff Johns running things?
He is now but that won't really be reflected until the next movie.

As things are, you could say he and his partner that were promoted as president were responsible for bringing on Whedon to clean up Snyder's mess.

Thing is Geoff was behind GL anyway.

I think Geoffs only a co-producer which usually mean raising the budget and managing post-production. I am not sure he had much say on how the GL was going to go.

My memory is vague, I kind of read up on it when he was announced to head DCEU a few months or so ago.

I don't believe you that it's better than a whole bunch of cbm

But for argument's sake, let's say that you're right. It's Justice League. Being one of the best comic book movies out there is supposed to be the goal

There's been A LOT of CBM in the last decade . Don't think it's a stretch at all but I don't like some of the other ones as much as the general public I guess.

1 of the best ones out should be the goal but obviously that wasn't happening considering the people behind it. At the same time, as dope as it is seeing all the iconic characters on screen together, it makes it a lot more difficult to make a really good movie - not impossible of course. Solo flicks have less big money potential but they're a lot more focused. That usually makes for a better movie when you only have 90 to 120 minutes to tell a story.

Those expectations don't really change my viewing experience anyway.

I thought it was a good tie-in to the plot of the film to use the mother box. They described it as a life cycle that goes fast so it destroys and then recreates things including worlds and it makes some sense (to me) that it just accelerates Supes revival. Maybe he was alive and he would have awoken much later on anyways but the mother box sped it up. That's just how I saw it.

I also like how they got Lois to stop Supes, reminded me of Hush when Poison Ivy hypnotized him to fight Bat and just when he was about to kill Bats, Catwoman dangled Lois Supes and that snapped him out of it and went back to normal.

To be honest though, I'd love to see that badass Supes that gives no damns and just tosses Bats like a ragdoll :lol: They could do an elseworld and Cavill could be Injustice Supes.

Yup I agree. The return didn't kill the movie for me, just wished it was handled differently.

Is the original plan still on track? I remember JL would've been filmed in 2 parts with the 2nd movie coming out next year. Things obviously changed after BvS but after SS they just started greenlighting all types of other movies and the JL part 2 is no longer that but a sequel and while the Batman solo is on track still no Supes movie.

I think Geoffs only a co-producer which usually mean raising the budget and managing post-production. I am not sure he had much say on how the GL was going to go.

My memory is vague, I kind of read up on it when he was announced to head DCEU a few months or so ago.
Geoff Johns was involved in the story for the movie as the writers were looking to his GL comics at the time.

He stood by it for the most part.

My main thing is Geoff isn't a producer. He has no history in film making that's extensive. He's a comic book guy tthat rose up the ranks and then became creative officer and then co-president. He's better than what DC had before but I hope the other guy is as good at his job to help produce better DC movies from here on out.

There's been A LOT of CBM in the last decade . Don't think it's a stretch at all but I don't like some of the other ones as much as the general public I guess.

1 of the best ones out should be the goal but obviously that wasn't happening considering the people behind it. At the same time, as dope as it is seeing all the iconic characters on screen together, it makes it a lot more difficult to make a really good movie - not impossible of course. Solo flicks have less big money potential but they're a lot more focused. That usually makes for a better movie when you only have 90 to 120 minutes to tell a story.

Those expectations don't really change my viewing experience anyway.

I'm dying to see how they handle both IW movies with such a huge roster...these movies need to be at least 3.5 hours long each.....not sure how they can cram so many Central characters properly within less time.

Back
Top Bottom