DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I still can’t get over the whole Flash and Cyborg digging up Superman’s grave like some old cartoon thugs. You have billionaire Bruce Wayne for plot devices like that. He could have easily had him already out his grave or a better way of getting him out. When Kevin Costner’s role in this “trilogy” got reduced to a zoom in on a photo I literally threw my hands up. This movie dog :smh: I can’t believe it

Box Office: ‘Justice League’ Heading for Disappointing $95 Million Opening
The first Friday estimates for “Justice League” are well under the studio’s recent guidance, which had been in the $110 million range. Should it come in at the top of current estimates, “Justice League” might finish the weekend in the same range as “The Fate of the Furious” — which launched in April to $98.7 million as the seventh-largest opening of the year.

The six films that have cracked the $100 million opening mark this year are Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” at $174.8 million, Disney-Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” at $146.5 million, Warner-New Line’s “It” at $123.4 million, Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” at $122.7 million, Sony-Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming” at $117 million, and Warner-DC’s “Wonder Woman” at $103.3 million. A total of 48 titles have topped $100 million in North America in their debut frames.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...e-opening-weekend-below-estimates-1202617685/

Movie was good
Better than that trash *** Thor ragnorabut why was Clark face cgi through the whole movie
And Clark ain’t have no insurance policy when he died so his mom wouldn’t have lost the house???
I legit thought Batman was gonna say Martha to get Superman his memory back.
When they brought him back :lol:
Really though movie was solid
Really liked it
Wouldn’t buy the Blu-ray
But would watch on thopegully part 2 comes out in a few years
I wanna see darkseid
Stephan wolf was giving them the business
But seriously though
Why was Superman face cgi

I didn't love it. But I really really liked it. A solid 6.5/8 for me.

The first act didn't feel right to me. I'm not sure what it was, maybe the jumping scenes brought back flashbacks of Suicide Squad. And I understand what they were trying to do, give quick glances of where each hero was at but I felt like they could have done a way bette job of that.

But the 2nd and 3rd act of the movie had me all the way ******* in. As much criticism of Stepphenwolf and Cyborg as I've seen, I didn't mind them at all. Sure, Stepphenwolf's motives could have been explained better, but I'd take less time with him and more time with the JL anytime of the week.

The scene where all the members of the JL were in their "Hero Pose", people in the theater were clapping and cheering :lol: :pimp:

I'm hyped AF right now. Me and the wifey wanna go see it again.

Some of my highlights:
  • Superman carrying that damn building had me :rofl:
  • Flash eye ballin Supes when Supes was about to take off on him :lol:
  • They did have a lot of little random *** smirks from WW. I ain't mad at that either :blush:
  • Stepphenwolf was washing TF outta everybody
  • Superman was washing TF outta Stepphenwolf
  • Our first glimpse at the GLC :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm liking Affleck less and less in the role as Bruce, but his Batman is great. I don't know whether to attribute that to him or the directors tho.

Was good. Very good. Considering expectations. Gal Gadots smile makes the world a better place. Flash was surprisngly funny as well Bats. Honestly the JL is pretty solid. Kind of a weird older feeling version of the Avengers. Only problem with all these DC movies has been the horrible villains. Wonder women bad villain, Luther creation bad, Zod bad, and this random guy with flying coackroaches bad. I guess it’s too hard to give a villain any depth considering how powerful they need to be to get worked into a movie like this.

It's finally here. The Justice League movie. Just got back. Still can't believe it's real. Definitely have some gripes. But the good heavily outweighs the bad for me. The "bad" isn't even bad. It's more nitpicky.

I can't stand the quips and Whedonisms. They still grate on me and CBM's need to try out humor that isn't for the unweaned. There were still some non-quippy funny moments that actually made me laugh though. Like Aquaman in the Flying Fox. :lol: Cot damn, Wonder Woman is so fine! I was thinking it exactly when Aquaman said it. Wish I could've jumped in the movie and dapped him up. :lol: :pimp:

The movie moves quickly. It could slow down a little. It puts you in the action and doesn't slow down until the end. Wish it were longer and could have more moments inbetween the mission to stop Steppenwolf. At least none of the scenes felt unnecessary. There were no Jolly Rancher or bath tub scenes. There were scenes from the trailers that weren't in the movie that I really wanted to see though. Definitely going to need the extendo.

Steppenwolf is as hollow as the lion's share of CBM villains. Chalk him up with the Ultron's, Kaecilius', Red Skull's, and the like. It would of been nice to see more of his backstory in the history lesson scene. Give him more dialog to explain his spiritual depantsing. He's just mad like all the other villains. But he still made for some great fights. It took entire armies and coordinated attacks to stop him. The action was super satisfying to watch. The score wasn't as weak as listening to the soundtrack. It wasn't memorable, but it was felt and matched the tension of the scenes. The AVX auditorium definitely helps. For all the hubbub about Elfman incorporating the original Batman and Superman movie themes, they were barely there.

Cyborg was a little emo before they actually started fighting. His dad even called him out on it. "You're just going to sit up here and brood?" :lol: Which is actually faithful, because Cyborg's been like that in the comics and animation. I was just hoping they'd change him up from the whiny crybaby who curves his pops because his dad saved him by turning him into a cyborg. Try and make him somewhat cool. Make him more badass like Aquaman. Let him unload the cybernetic musket and shout "BOOYAH!" with emphasis. I mean, if we're not getting Martian Manhunter, a GL, or a Thanagarian. Try to make Cyborg more palatable.

The characters were done justice. Everybody was key to the story and mission. Even Cyborg when he was separating the Mother Boxes. Batman a.k.a. the Prep God as the point man. Getting everyone in the right position. He saw the pieces he had on the board and used them. Got Flash to be extra useful, even with zero combat experience. Wonder Woman's fighting skills were unmatched. She showed up everybody throughout the film. Unlocking all the cheat codes, deflecting bullets, clapping people with the gauntlets and the clutch sonic boom with the gauntlet and shield. I loved every scene with Aquaman. Even Mera was getting it in during the Atlantis invasion of Steppenwolf. I wish we could of seen more of her. Her water magic fighting was pretty dope. I love this version of Flash. He acts a lot more like Wally than Barry, which is good for me, because Wally is the best Flash. Barry had Wally's spirit. The visual effects mixed with the pounding theater surround system when he zips into Parademons was hype. Supes in the final act was better than expected. He was giving that work, but he also felt like vintage Superman. That opening scene with the kids interviewing him was awkward though.

I really enjoyed the teamwork. It seemed like they all were there to pick eachother up. Batman grappling a Parademon away from Wonder Woman. Flash doing "bug duty" for Cyborg. Cyborg preventing Aquaman from splashing on the pavement. Wonder Woman grappling Steppenwolf as he tries to rip Cyborg from the Mother Boxes. Not just the main players either, but I loved the hot potato Themyscira scene. They got pretty inventive. Tying the box to a tethered arrow to shoot it to the next guy. Those Amazons are ride or die. I also like how they have legit conversation instead of speaking in quips and catchphrases. I was afraid of that with Whedon jumping in.

The movie really does play out like an extended episode of the JL animated series. It's kind of cut and edited like that, but in a good way. Still wish it were longer. For all the grief the DCEU got for it's supposed aimlessness, I feel like this movie does a great job of telling a streamlined self contained story, while having character developing arcs to be handled in other films. Like Barry getting his foot in the Criminology door. Do we need to see that? Does it have anything to do with the current threat of the movie? Nope. But it shows Barry's heart and determination for helping to get his innocent father out. Which can be further explored in the Flash solo. The big bummer is that JL made me REALLY hype for a MOS sequel. Even though one isn't confirmed. Maybe I just love these characters and this squad, but I loved this movie, even acknowledging it's shortcomings (which, still, aren't bad). And I'm more excited to see the rest of the extended universe after seeing it. Already have plans to see it again with some friends.

TLDR: Great action packed thrill ride. Should be longer because everything is about the one mission. Not much else for change of pace or intermission. Excellent characters and teamwork. Another hollow CBM villain who's mad and destructive for the sake of being mad and destructive, but worthy opponent and a good vessel to see a good throwdown. Fights are A1. When Supes returns in costume, he's incredible.

PS: Can we get a moratorium period on CBM quips? Also, these jokers need to lock down a good director for a MOS sequel and get crackin' on it.

Solid film

I still like Marvel's ensemble films better (A1, A2, CW)

My only real gripes:

Aquaman's story could have been fleshed out more

Superman's upper lip annoyed the hell out of me the whole time. My girl asked if it was a different actor in the opening scene lol.

Could have been longer with a little better plot

Not mention of what happened with the boxes after.

Positives:

Got to see a lantern even if briefly

Flash and AM characters were :pimp:

I actually liked Vic's character

Supes handling everyone and the look back at Flash lol

Im hopeful that we still get desthstroke as the villian for Matt reeve's batman movie. He looked badazz. And jessee esinbeeg even looked like lex Luthor.

Back
Top Bottom