DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I'm liking Affleck less and less in the role as Bruce, but his Batman is great. I don't know whether to attribute that to him or the directors tho.

I'm with you on this. I like Ben as an actor, but I'm just not feeling him as Bruce for some reason.

My cons:
  • BvS has too many political angles in it. This movie had absolutely none :lol: a small town gets taken over by parademons and Stepphenwolf and not one world government agency gonna say anything? I know they said it's off the grid but they can miss me with that.
  • I said it earlier, but the 1st act felt like a mess. I know what they were trying to do - give us a quick overview of where our heroes are at and what they've been up to but it just wasn't done well. My wife swears Snyder did the 1st act and acts 2 and 3 were Whedon :lol:
  • Aquaman's story could have been fleshed out more. I know it's hella difficult to introduce 3 characters and bring back another from the dead, but they could have done a better job. I can let this go though since we're getting our AM movie soon.
  • The music video in the very beginning of the movie :sick:
  • No theme for the JL :smh:
  • Movie was too short. When the team forms it feels like it literally flashes by (see what I did there).
  • Not enough Superman.
  • Excited for the Legion of Doom - but I hate Eisenberg as Lex.

My pros:
  • the fuxking Justice League!
  • Cyborg got a lot of **** and I actually liked him
  • Stepphenwolf wolf got a lot of **** and it didn't bother me much. His motives were unclear, but him being the reason the JL formed made sense - he was washing TF outta them until Supes came back.
  • The Batmobile scenes were hella clean. It takes a lot for me to be impressed with car scenes, but that **** was fire.
  • Superman actually felt like Superman.
  • Gal Gadot. :blush:
  • That scene where the team got together after they defeated Stepphenwolf :wow:
  • Barry had me laughing at almost every joke. I was unsure about Ezra like I was unsure about Eisenberg, but unlike Eisenberg I'm sold. I want more.
If anyone is on the fence, I'd highly recommend the film. Is it perfect? No. But it's hella fun and me and the wifey are gonna go watch it again, soon

Again, my theater was literally clapping and cheering when the JL finally got together in that dope *** pose.

Last edited:
So what happened with the motherboxes?

My wife asked me the same question and I'm not sure. My only guess is when Cyborg said if he was able to separate them that it would cause an explosion and that the team should be clear the radius when he does separate them.

You know I was thinking they would show Darksied at the post credits, but they didn't. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to show something related?....Start building up hype for the sequel( of there is one).

You know I was thinking they would show Darksied at the post credits, but they didn't. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to show something related?....Start building up hype for the sequel( of there is one).

I think it would be better to try and stay away from the out of this world villains for a bit. Legion of Doom is the way to go right now.

The fact that we even have to discuss whether or not a JL movie might turn a profit is sad enough tbh :lol:

Given the track record, does it surprise anyone though? I happen to like 4 outta 5 DC movies, but the average person at best like 2 out of the 5.

Add that to the fact that these characters are still being developed in the movie where they team up, the connection to the general audience just isn't there yet.

Honestly I enjoyed Steppenwolf, his fight with Amazons was my favorite part of the film. The humor was a little a cheesy but overall I enjoyed the film 6/8.

I'm saying, Stepphenwolf was koo.

His motives could have been explained better imo, but he was a formidable foe for the JL, for the Amazons and the Atlantians.

Lots of lines/scenes were cut out.. wonder if we ever see Snyder full cut :nerd:

DO3IzV4XUAA1Ycm.jpg:large

DO22oOAV4AADqfl.jpg:large

justice-league-movie-image-star-labs-1011167-640x320.jpg

I'm liking Affleck less and less in the role as Bruce, but his Batman is great. I don't know whether to attribute that to him or the directors tho.

He gave off this smug vibe the whole film as if he just learned his lines right before the camera started rolling. He definitely doesn’t want to be there and I feel like played a part in what is happening with this film. It’s jarring honestly. My home boy compared his press tour demeanor to a step dad taking pics with his step kids :lol:

The end of MoS when Lois tells Clark “welcome to the planet” just become the saddest scene ever as CBM fan :smh: so much promise

My wife kept asking me what happen to the scene with Alfred saying "he said you would come" or whatever from the trailer.

Talking about a $300M budget and think about all those scenes that were cut :lol:

Lol, a JL movie full Snyder cut would've been an unmitigated disaster

You guys are essentially complaining that you got a better movie

Yeah some of y'all bugging. Steppenwolf was bad. He looked bad and was a typical villain searching for a macguffin. We know what the reception would be if we know who made it.

Steppenwolf as a character in the movie was ok, but I couldnt get over him being all-CGI

I thought Cyborg was gonna be a throw in but he had a major role in the plot that was a pleasant surprise

Legion of Doom or Injustice League...?

Back
Top Bottom