DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

he’s also gonna thin The Witcher Netflix series. Hope hbo does their own show based on the games.

Animated hush is coming this year as well as the conclusion of the death of superman so us fans of Batman as well as Superman can get our fix there.

But it seems as though Cavill is done as Superman. All the various blogs and sites have said he's kind of difficult to deal with and without a clear direction for the future of DC films and no word on any sequels/director etc I would be surprised if this happened.

It’s DC’s fault for not making him a priority. They need to give him a bag for the sole purpose of familiarity amongst audiences. Especially with Aquaman looking like it’s going to shut me and all the other naysayers up, DC should be looking to double down on the cinematic universe they’ve built this far and not play the recasting game so quickly.

It’s DC’s fault for not making him a priority. They need to give him a bag for the sole purpose of familiarity amongst audiences. Especially with Aquaman looking like it’s going to shut me and all the other naysayers up, DC should be looking to double down on the cinematic universe they’ve built this far and not play the recasting game so quickly.
Yeah but I think if they don't do marvel numbers they look at themselves like failures without realising you cannot build something like that without years of planning and strategy. They have to decide whether they want the shared universe model or whether they want directors to make film about characters they are passionate about.

It sad that Affleck is done as Batman with his personal issues and Reeves seemingly wanting someone younger to take on the role for his film. Then there are the multiple films in production already Joker etc which seemingly don't exist within that universe also the likelihood of the dceu carrying on look increasingly unlikely.

I've been reading comics (batman mostly) for 28 years and never in my life did I think a Thor film would do better than a batman vs superman film.

Video games are easy. Movies adapting video games cobtinue to show how difficult they are to adapt.
Yeah plus I don't think folks are into the characters like that anymore, now it's just a good fighting game. Back then folks knew all the names and wanted to see Liu Kang, Johnny Cage backstory etc.

So we’ll know by June if Affleck is returning to the role. But if Joker just got a tongue in cheek recast theirs no hope for Batfleck. Good riddance.

Finally got around to watching aquaman. The underwater scenes were a bit too much for me. Almost to the point where I couldn’t take the movie serious. The action scenes were good though. I did find myself getting a little impatient towards the end of the movie waiting on it to be over. Didn’t even bother to stick around for the end credits (if there were any).

Amber Heard really looked like an Atlantean Goddess tho, DC got the beautiful trinity of women with her, Gal and Margot

So we’ll know by June if Affleck is returning to the role. But if Joker just got a tongue in cheek recast theirs no hope for Batfleck. Good riddance.
I mean with all his drama I can understand why you feel that way but personally I think he's easily been the best batman of all time outside of Conroy.

I mean with all his drama I can understand why you feel that way but personally I think he's easily been the best batman of all time outside of Conroy.

There’s something about him that felt so forced with the role and I’ve never been able to look past it. From the moment it was announced it just came off as “big star attached to world renowned comic character” I mean his acting and delivery as Batman hasn’t been bad but I’ve just never bought him as Batman. I feel like Bale was better but to be fair Affleck hasn’t had a solo Batman film to really sell the role.

If DC were to continue with Ben as Batman, the easiest way to go would be to introduce Damien and embrace an older Batman while introducing a Robin with a younger actor in the vain of Tom Holland and having the ability to tell stories in that avenue

Last edited:
:rofl: based on the horrible movies?? Man y’all on something strong
I think @....so articulated my point perfectly. I am no fan of batman v superman or justice league but I think Affleck played both Bruce Wayne and Batman very well. Who do you think is the best batman? And if you don't mind me asking what do you base your opinion on?

I appreciate the Nolan films but I feel as though something was missing in the sense that the films were too realistic to the point that Bale's Batman although the performance was good felt almost like James Bond. Realistically you can't fit in all the training/skills Batman has without making other cast members seem a little redundant

I can see the argument for Batffleck having the most balanced portrayal between playing Batman and Bruce Wayne.

My problem is he played a bat**** crazy Bruce Wayne and the story in BvS hurt the character.

Bale's Batman was fine minus the terrible voice. His Bruce Wayne was nearly non-existent. That's an example of the opposite of Batffleck's issue. The Nolan Batman movies were good enough they overshadowed the average portrayal overall. To me its most apparent in Begins and Rises, especially in Rises.

Keaton is the best Batman.

batmanreturns.jpg

Battfleck is the best batman When it comes to action. Didn't care for him as Bruce.

Amber Heard really looked like an Atlantean Goddess tho, DC got the beautiful trinity of women with her, Gal and Margot

She was looking real good but all I kept thinking was she was looking like prime Scarlett Johansson.

But I actually enjoyed Aquaman way more that I imagined I ever would. The only knocks I have was some of the dialogue was a little too cheesy, as well as some of the “romance”.

Other than that, movie was pretty legit and visually, I thought it was very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom