DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Box-Office Milestone: 'Aquaman' Joins Billion-Dollar Club

It's official: James Wan's Aquaman has joined the billion-dollar club at the worldwide box office. The feat was achieved on Saturday in a notable win for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.

Aquaman, which opened in late December, finished Sunday with a worldwide total of $1.02 billion, including $288 million domestically and $742 million internationally.

Guess Bryan Cranston's just that good.
He'd been fancasted from black mask to Gordon and Luther.
Dc oughta pull off some wild sh#% like that idea of a black Lex Luther. I like it a lot.

Rumored Wonder Woman 1984 Plot Details Explain Steve Trevor's Return

According to a report from We Got This Covered, Trevor's return ties into the film story with the involvement of Lord who is looking for magical artifacts that would make him as powerful as a god. She eventually stumbles on Minerva and convinces her to help him with his goal. The two's relationship goes awry, however, after Minerva gets cursed by an artifact that turns her into Cheetah. With a target on his back, Lord reaches out to Diana with the promise that he'll resurrect Steve in return for her protection.

https://screenrant.com/woman-woman-1984-rumor-steve-trevor-return/

I was looking forward to Aquaman, but 1 billy has me perplexed. Had no clue people would be in on this the way they were.

Decent movie.

Hopefully it'll encourage WB to green light movies for some of the other heros.

Best thing from aquaman doing well.. also taking a lighter tone and actually having colors

Unfortunately, my biggest concern with it doing well is some of the fears I had/have with WW and deadpool doing well

I say WW, because I'm not sure they looked at the flaws of the film and only looked at it doing well

I say deadpool, because some with power only took away that using the R rating and foul language

Aquaman was far from a perfect film but at least it was fun at times and they went for it

I hear nothing but silence from the Aquaman haters. ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!!

HUGE win for the DCEU. Hopefully it'll encourage WB to green light movies for some of the other heros.
Movie wasn’t that good, I mean it is what it is. Aquaman haters? Y’all still out here talking like Hannah Montana? :wow:

Haha but anyway, I hope this means DC movies start being taken seriously and made well. These semi acceptable movies aren’t good enough

Movie wasn’t that good, I mean it is what it is. Aquaman haters? Y’all still out here talking like Hannah Montana? :wow:

Haha but anyway, I hope this means DC movies start being taken seriously and made well. These semi acceptable movies aren’t good enough
Whatever you say Blaster. All I know is the DCEU is still kicking :pimp::pimp:

i think Wan is the only the second director to make two $1b+ films from different franchises, the other is james cameron but we can probably discount titanic as a franchise so really wan stands alone in that feat unless I am missing someone...

the most marketable hero around the world Spidey with 7 movies struggle to make a bill yet Aquaman made a bill on the 1st try :pimp: :lol:

And Superman has never been in a billion dollar film ever. Good luck on Cavill getting a new contract after Mamoa made peanuts and did a billi :lol: :nthat:

spiderman is more popular than superman market-wise

name-wise, superman is probably known more around the world but many hates supes for all the powers he has and being a blue-boy-scout, he's pretty much bret hart in an stone cold era

its been batman for dc and spidey for marvel for a long while now and not even close:

The Licensing Letter listed Marvel's Spider-Man global retail sales at $1.3 billion and Avengers at $325 million in 2013, compared with DC's Batman at $494 million and Superman at $277 million.

old graph but i believe it still holds true to this day

Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg

Once the argument is how much movie is made you know the movies aren’t good :lol:

I guess venom is better than Batman and Superman :lol:

Once the argument is how much movie is made you know the movies aren’t good :lol:

I guess venom is better than Batman and Superman :lol:

rt says it is 1% better

:lol:

but really we always talk about box office, even in the mcu thread, money is always going to be a thing and its more important with dc/wb because its what determines what moves this universe/world

i think Wan is the only the second director to make two $1b+ films from different franchises, the other is james cameron but we can probably discount titanic as a franchise so really wan stands alone in that feat unless I am missing someone...

Discounting Titanic because it’s not a franchise is a weird qualifier :lol:

Shouldn’t it be enough that they’re two different IPs?

Of course Spider-Man is the most popular hero in the world. But Spiderman’s reasons for not having a solo Billion are 6 films in 15 years. 8 appearances in film in 16 years. The draw of Spider-Man on film isn’t as captivating when you don’t go more than 3 years without seeing him.

The gap between Superman returns to MoS was 9 years. This is post Avengers era when MoS came out mind you....no billi. So 3 years later DC pairs Superman and Batman together for a film to at least have Superman’s brand associated with a guaranteed billi with his more successfully branded counterpart....still no billi. Spider-Man has at LEAST been in 2 different billion dollar films. One of which made 2 billion. There’s another guaranteed billion that Spider-Man will be involved in come April and a highly likely billion dollar solo come July

Superman’s next film is pending...

your statements too idiotic dude

first youre saying dude is in too much film so he isnt making a billi and then says he has more coming and that will make him a billi in his solo outing

:lol:

like seriously, you are one dude who are known to hate on dc and wants it to fail and you are just here making up dumb excuses that is really backed by nothing

its really as simple as this, recent superman films wasn't that great and was 50/50 to the general audience so it didnt make money, aint no popular is going to help that

but spiderman had good and great movies and a masterpiece according to you and still cant make a billi, i personally do not know why, maybe he needs to travel to china to get that extra $100m to push it to a billi but you cant even give dc 24hrs to enjoy their one of very, very few victories :lol:

Back
Top Bottom