DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

gunn is having too much fun making this show and spending HBOs cash, its rock music in every scene

I assume people in the marvel thread don't like peacemaker since they said suicide squad wasn't good. I really like James Gunn as a writer and director. Guy has a talent for making fun and funny movies with these lesser known characters. He also puts enough heart in these movies to give you the feels and care about them. dc should give him more projects and see if he'd want to make more serious stuff.

he does have more projects for DC

https://collider.com/james-gunn-new-dc-tv-show-after-peacemaker-comments/

gunns definitely very talented and has that dirty almost-childlike humor but its toned down enough that it doesnt feel too cheesy and yeah he is pretty good at making you care about characters

i mean dudes got talent if he can make cena and batista legit stars in film

i put him right there with taika in talent, another director id love DC to work with

I assume people in the marvel thread don't like peacemaker since they said suicide squad wasn't good.
This is a wild assumption and wrong for several reasons.

First, Suicide Squad sucked and it wasn't made by Gunn. The one that's actually more known is the one that was garbage. Ppl in this thread don't even care for the movie.

The sequel by Gunn is much better. Its just not as popular and didn't do as well.

On its own, Peacemaker is a good show. Perfect property for HBO.

Cena knocking it out the park. It’s kind of what Hawkeye (which they based on the Fraction run) should have been.

Waiting to see what happens to his pops and get the heads up on these butterflies.

Just watched the first ep of Peacemaker last night.

It was ok.

I wouldn't call it irreverent humor. **** was pretty dark with a humorous slant so it could be taken lightly.

Wouldn't compare it Fraction's Hawkeye run.

It does have dark humor. :wink:

I love the show. Gunn has done it again. He gets super heroes.

Peacemaker is also right about Batman.

gunn definitely loving that creative freedom, DC apparently super p*ssed at him for what was said about batman and calling him a p*ssy :lol:

Who cares. Batman about to drop in two months.

When you look at it from the perspective, he's right. Probably worse for Superman (not the one in Man of Steel).

Who cares. Batman about to drop in two months.

When you look at it from the perspective, he's right. Probably worse for Superman (not the one in Man of Steel).

i mean, DC cares but all im implying is gunn can do whatever he wants and dc isnt screening these shows before it aired so he has the reigns to do whatever

plus its been a known fact but when batfleck killed, it was armageddon

:lol:

That's the only property that has been a creative and financial success for them. Superman is probably #2.

We JUST got Aquaman and Wonderwoman smh in the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom