DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

batman-facepalm.gif

Just got out, thought it was good but not great

would have preferred if this story was used as the basis for a 10 episode miniseries.. otherwise end the movie at falcone’s death.. and I felt the comment(s) about the movie having like 3-4 endings

while i think there is alot there in that world and they can do a lot of things, that’s definitely an isolated batman world.. if things get weird, like say clayface or manbat down the road it should be solo from the lens of that world.. I do think a robin is coming soon and then hush for like the 3rd movie

but yea if they did 10 episodes, could build up to falcone’s death in like episode 7.. then you have the bombs go off episode 9.. but you could then go deeper into the history of Gotham and the history with the various relationships and go deep on ridler’s connections to all that

Also, one part that confused me

before he swung over to that thing he cut off before falling into the water and then going to light up the way and guide people through the water

remembered them showing whatever that electrical looking thing that looked like it was about to drop in the water and electrocute people.. I was assuming dude was swinging over abruptly to go and save the people in the water from that thing

maybe I need to rewatch again.. but didn’t get what happened in that part

I really like the theme but it's feels like the beginning of a song and the beat's about to drop but doesn't. I keep expecting Diddy to just start talking **** before someone starts rapping.

It sort of is unresolved - but I have a feeling that's intentional. I've been listening to it a bit this week and it sort of keeps me on edge even without the movie. I'm pretty sure it was designed to add tension.

I just watched the movie. I have to say…that was the best Batman movie ever.

Dark Knight might be a better movie but this is the first time they got a few things right:

They didn’t focus on retelling the origin story though it’s a great jumping off.

This is the first movie that really delves into the detective aspect of Batman. He was here analyzing crime scenes, etc.

This is the first movie where he didn’t kill, which is absolutely ridiculous in other movies when you know the source material.

This is the first Batman movie that wasn’t the prisoner of a famous director trying to put their spin and sort of ruining the character. This was akin to a love letter to Year 1-2, Long Halloween, Etc.

We get to see a Batman who struggles with his existence and if what he’s doing is making a positive change to his environment.

Gotham is a character in the movie too.

Was the movie perfect? Naw. It was too long. Not enough Bruce Wayne. Not enough Alfred.

The only thing I have to say is if Riddler did all that…what would a Joker do? And with that scale, you could only use a Joker, Hush, Ras Al Ghoul, etc.

I think the no killing thing is stupid, word to Injustice and peacemaker. Some heroes make a big deal about it and others dgaf. I don't think it makes those that don't look better. The worst preaching about it was arrow on cw, he was ok with goons / henchmen getting killed but if you kill a boss or main villain you crossed a line and became evil.

I think the no killing thing is stupid, word to Injustice and peacemaker. Some heroes make a big deal about it and others dgaf. I don't think it makes those that don't look better. The worst preaching about it was arrow on cw, he was ok with goons / henchmen getting killed but if you kill a boss or main villain you crossed a line and became evil.
Overall doesn’t make much sense but it makes sense why Bats has such a hang up over it. His parents got gunned down so he’s so scarred he ain’t about that life.

But in Gotham, of all places, it doesn’t make sense that some Punisher type guy hasn’t rose up. Like an angry GCPD cop or something.

Back
Top Bottom