DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

FNlhtCiWYActWUc.jpg
been thinking about Z a lot. lmao

also thinking back,
I really appreciate how they started the film. Detective vigilante journal to keep him sane and grounded.
Him hiding and emerging from the shadows.

This is the first Bats film that, at least to me, was excellent at showing everything. Not goofy or campy, I
can't even take the Bale stuff seriously anymore. Tried to watch TDK last week and it just wasn't the same.

One other thing I will say about this movie is how much the crime and filth resonated with me right now as a New Yorker. Everyday you hear of another Subway attack, stabbing, shooting. A serial killer moving around with the leg of one of his victims. Also, there’s serial shooter of the homeless walking around. There’s a certain grittiness to NYC right now that made this version of Gotham seem more real.

I def enjoyed it. Should of trimmed it to 2-2.5 tops. Enjoyed the graphic fights, the Gotham portrayal. I think they didn’t need the riddler/Batman jail scene. But yea wouldn’t compare it to TDK trilogy. Not yet anyway

1647355567642.gif

best thing live action from DC since the dark knight

I get this opinion.

Its a bit too James Gunnsy for me.

DC got so much trash and mid that ppl react differently to something that's actually decent.

Someone tell James that just because he's allowed to use the F word and the D word doesn't meant it has to show up in every other sentence :smh: excessive profanity works and is funny only when used with precision

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm so glad Kevin/Marvel/Disney tones him down with the Guardians movies. Imagine if them thangs were rated R :smh:

^ i agree with regard to suicide squad.. but it’s peacemaker

but Harley Quinn show is the best thing DC has done on the whole since the dark knight

the bar isn’t exactly high.. but peacemaker is at the top

I know y’all probably tired of seeing this same sentence over and over
Man I wish we had gotten a batfleck movie directed by Ben
His bats didn’t get enough story imo- all we saw was him training like rocky balboa to fight Superman
Wish dc would stick with one Batman even though I loved Pattinson
Been having to explain to alot of people that this Pattinson Batman is completely different from the one in BVS and JL

Back
Top Bottom