DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

To me Batfleck still looked ridiculous. He looked cool and had the best gadgets, but compared to Supes and WW, he just looked useless.

They over here fighting DD head on and Bats can’t really do much.
So we conveniently forget that Batfleck carved the kryptonite spear and developed kryptonite gas that was used to incapacitate and kill DD. The Batfleck slander........ :smh:

Won a Batman giveaway at my local theater 😬
AC10BE5B-7F99-4A88-BD14-4829555B2011.jpeg

So we conveniently forget that Batfleck carved the kryptonite spear and developed kryptonite gas that was used to incapacitate and kill DD. The Batfleck slander........ :smh:
All that was used to kill Superman :lol:

Its not like he knew it would even hurt DD.

Batman knew. If you recall the conversation with Alfred while he was trying to get its attention, he says it’s Kryptonian and only Kryptonian weapons will kill it. That’s why he leads him back to Gotham so he could get the spear.

Batman knew. If you recall the conversation with Alfred while he was trying to get its attention, he says it’s Kryptonian and only Kryptonian weapons will kill it. That’s why he leads him back to Gotham so he could get the spear.
That was an assumption cuz kryptonite wasn't actually used as a weapon. It was part of the planet that when discovered on earth was shown to weaken Superman.

Its not like kryptonian weapons armed with kryptonite were found. That wouldn't even make since cuz back on the planet Kryptonite kryptonians could be killed with conventional weapons.

Last edited:
That was an assumption cuz kryptonite wasn't actually used as a weapon. It was part of the planet that when discovered on earth was shown to weaken Superman.

Its not like kryptonian weapons armed with kryptonite were found. That wouldn't even make since cuz back on the planet Kryptonite kryptonians could be killed with conventional weapon.
I don’t disagree what what you just said here. We don’t exactly know how Batman knew kryptonite would effect both Superman. However, that’s a totally different question.

I was responding to where you said Batman didn’t know that kryptonite would have success against Doomsday. All we can go by is what was in the movie, right? It doesn’t seem like it was simply assumption as Batman had just had success with kryptonite against Superman. Now if you would’ve said Batman assumed kryptonite would have success against Superman, I would agree because up until that point, there was nothing that definitely suggests that kryptonite would’ve even work against him, but he definitely knew it would have some success against Doomsday, which is why he engaged him in order to lead him back to the Gotham port.

I was responding to where you said Batman didn’t know that kryptonite would have success against Doomsday. All we can go by is what was in the movie, right? It doesn’t seem like it was simply assumption as Batman had just had success with kryptonite against Superman. Now if you would’ve said Batman assumed kryptonite would have success against Superman, I would agree because up until that point, there was nothing that definitely suggests that kryptonite would’ve even work against him, but he definitely knew it would have some success against Doomsday, which is why he engaged him in order to lead him back to the Gotham port.
I feel like that was an assumption on Batman's part cuz its not like he knew how DD was created. Its not like Doomsday came directly from Krypton like in the comics.

Lex's blood being in the mix which made DD's creation even possible could've been justification alone for kryptonite not working at all.

And then I'm thinking of the comics - which I know isn't being followed - where kryptonite is something Doomsday evolves past anyway.

But then again I don't consider that monster in BvS the real Doomsday anyway :lol:

Yea batfleck was getting lucky as hell..

feel like an experienced batman needed to be doing his homework more

I just want to see that version of batman someday.. the grumpyish dude telling these young dudes what’s what.. short, blunt and to the point

but dude did get played by “lex Luther“

There's a deleted scene where Bats goes to Arkham to see if Joker can give him insight to how Riddler thinks and Joker says it's been their 1 year anniversary and that Batman should already know since they think the same.
This is also supposed to be Joker before he becomes Joker according to Reeves. Dude they casted is actually great at playing a piece of **** but also still not in a hurry for more Joker content. Glad Reeves said that isn't the plan for a sequel

Probably won't happen in my lifetime, but would be cool to see one of the recent Batman stories: Batman who laughs. Could be great justice league or Flash story as it explores the other universes.
Revisiting the Keys: The Batman Who Laughs - GoCollect
The awful reason the evil Robins in Dark Nights: Metal only say 'crow' -  Polygon

Batman gets hit with special Joker toxin (becomes Batman who laughs). Gathers the strongest Evil super heroes from other universes

Reaves just wanted to let us know that the Joker was out there. His inclusion makes more sense with the deleted scene.

I'd like to see them do the ventriloquit and Scarface and boss Biggis from BTAS.

I always thought it was hilarious how biggis talked and he was always eating

Please, no more joker!!! We've had enough of him. There are a plethora of other rogues to pull from.

this is actually one of my fav aspects of this movie, among other things. The riddler is the main villain and not the joker. There have been 3 iterations of the joker in the past decade, and Im with you, there are way too many villains in the batman/dc universe that can be leveraged with a compelling/dark/violent story to find success.

Why did they do that whole movie near flawless and then randomly put CW Joker in there
Its beginning to feel like a crutch with Joker being Nathan's most popular villain/arch enemy.

I kept trying to think of somebody else they could've used on or close to that level but that character doesn't exist at least in his rogues gallery.

to be honest, feel like the movie should have ended with falcone’s death or the diner scene when the camera goes over the coffee cup
So no Riddler reveal or capture? Or end it with his capture in the diner?

First would never happen cuz there's no conclusion and the second is a bit anticlimactic and underwhelming.

this is actually one of my fav aspects of this movie, among other things. The riddler is the main villain and not the joker. There have been 3 iterations of the joker in the past decade, and Im with you, there are way too many villains in the batman/dc universe that can be leveraged with a compelling/dark/violent story to find success.

riddler, falcone and penguin

with what they set up, court of owls should naturally be next

Back
Top Bottom