DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

So no Riddler reveal or capture? Or end it with his capture in the diner?

First would never happen cuz there's no conclusion and the second is a bit anticlimactic and underwhelming.

for this film, I would have been cool with no real riddler reveal.. or you end right with the reveal, so the shoot of the coffee cup is the ending

but I think they could have made this 2 movies.. but would have been better as a show with 8-10 episodes and you can deep dive further on some of the stuff

but you make clear first movie is falcone’s with riddler doing his thing.. And second movie is flooding the city and riddler being riddler

Nobody is hating? We must be reading different posts then.

Sure Batman has more than one nemesis, but that doesn't mean the main one isn't a big piece to the overall.

Joker is necessary.

Who is hating?

i think we’re all pointing out that they can do more than just joker

look at Spider-Man, they did great things with vulture and mysterio.. and spiderverse obviously explored the space

People just want to see some now villains in a batman movie and not get spammed with joker again. guy shows up in the first ss movie, in the jl snydercut, and had his own movie with joaquin with a rumored sequel.

Do you understand the definition of the word hate?
People use that word way too liberally :lol:

No, he's not necessary.

Semantics doesn't help your argument.

Hate, dislike, disappointment...call it what you want.

Yes, he's very necessary.

No Batman without a Joker.

For the slow ones ^

Batman without Joker around is like Tom without Jerry, or "Adam" without "Eve".

When you think of one, you automatically think of the other.

For the slow ones ^

Batman without Joker around is like Tom without Jerry, or "Adam" without "Eve".

When you think of one, you automatically think of the other.

You don't read a lot of Batman comics do you

Some of his best stories have nothing to do with Joker :lol:

Those comparisons are terrible

"No Batman without a Joker."
:rofl:

Last edited:
joker.jpg

j2.jpg

for this film, I would have been cool with no real riddler reveal.. or you end right with the reveal, so the shoot of the coffee cup is the ending

but I think they could have made this 2 movies.. but would have been better as a show with 8-10 episodes and you can deep dive further on some of the stuff

but you make clear first movie is falcone’s with riddler doing his thing.. And second movie is flooding the city and riddler being riddler
Yeah I can't get down with any of this.

No Riddler reveal is incredibly unsatisfying.

This plot stretched out to 8 or 10 episodes would drag like no other and would have a lot of filler. Same with 2 movies. Falcone did not carry or drive the plot as a villain

To me this was a precise 3 hour film. Story beat for beat the pacing was real good. You can't break it up or stretch it out.

Nobody is hating? We must be reading different posts then.

Sure Batman has more than one nemesis, but that doesn't mean the main one isn't a big piece to the overall.

Joker is necessary.
There have been like 4 or 5 Jokers in live action. Like 4 Catwomen.

Every other villain has ranged from 2 to 0 portrayals.

It should be easy to understand some fans don't want more of the same over and over. Lets get some others done right now.

I'm not even against the whole, "Let's get some others done right now".

But at the same time, I still stand on having Joker somewhere around. Maybe not the main antagonist, but his footprints and aura should be present in Gotham at all times, in my opinion.

Some of you cats is taking it personal, which is even more wild :lol:

I understand why it would never happen but I swear I was thinking man I wish they just made this a whole show on HBO. Seems like they could really build an intricate universe that way. Arkham and Penguin show gonna be fire

I understand why it would never happen but I swear I was thinking man I wish they just made this a whole show on HBO. Seems like they could really build an intricate universe that way. Arkham and Penguin show gonna be fire

The movie itself had at least 3-4 endings

You think about it, that’s the endings of episodes 6-8 or 7-10

You go deeper into the various families of Gotham and then you have your big riddler movie or court of owls movie

stop watching bill simmons rewatchables :lol:

Not sure if I trust Netflix anymore with how some of their shows been going….

Plus don’t f up umbrella academy, think that and anime is the only thing I go there for now

Any movie with a multifaceted plot & complex characters would be better told over 10 hours vs 2.5 man :lol: Thats an inherent limitation of telling a story through a movie. A similar criticism was levied at Many Saints of Newark. Of course you’re gonna want more content after watching that :lol:

For a movie, the storytelling was about as good as it gets

Back
Top Bottom