DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

joker and wolverine
Wolverine doesn’t deserve to be put into that tier. We’ve had 1 Wolverine for during a 17 year span, coming to conclusion 5 years ago.

We’ve had 3 Batmen, 3 Supermen, 4 Jokers - including The Batman AND 3 since Logan.

DC gotta chill.

I'm not even against the whole, "Let's get some others done right now".

But at the same time, I still stand on having Joker somewhere around. Maybe not the main antagonist, but his footprints and aura should be present in Gotham at all times, in my opinion.
But why? Batman is much more than just the Joker.

You could literally do 7 great Batman movies before you touch on the Joker. Definitely don't need his aura around at all times.

Mr. Freeze
Two-Face
Clayface
Penguin
Ra's Al Ghul
Bane
Poison Ivy

The Riddler

Killer Croc/Man-Bat/Anarky/Zsasz/Hugo Strange/Hush/Black Mask//Professor Pyg/the Mad ******* Hatter

Forgot about Scarecrow. He needs to be done justice too.

Last edited:
Wolverine doesn’t deserve to be put into that tier. We’ve had 1 Wolverine for during a 17 year span, coming to conclusion 5 years ago.

We’ve had 3 Batmen, 3 Supermen, 4 Jokers - including The Batman AND 3 since Logan.

DC gotta chill.

Every single X-men movie but first class is a forced wolverine movie

Then he has had 3 solo movies

X-men have a whole lot more going on beyond wolverine

People just want to see some now villains in a batman movie and not get spammed with joker again. guy shows up in the first ss movie, in the jl snydercut, and had his own movie with joaquin with a rumored sequel.

And I wouldn’t have been mad at it if they teased Joaquin’s Joker but now they bout to introduce us to a whole nother *****. And it looked like rushed sequel bait like the Snyder cameos. Or like one of them cw cameos where they can’t show the whole person :lol:

But that’s pretty Much the only thing I didn’t like about the movie so I have faith in where dude going

You could literally do 7 great Batman movies before you touch on the Joker. Definitely don't need his aura around at all times.

Mr. Freeze
Two-Face
Clayface
Penguin
Ra's Al Ghul
Bane
Poison Ivy

The Riddler
nah i think that reeves guy got himself into a corner....i think his stuff too *grounded for some of em...

Any movie with a multifaceted plot & complex characters would be better told over 10 hours vs 2.5 man :lol: Thats an inherent limitation of telling a story through a movie. A similar criticism was levied at Many Saints of Newark. Of course you’re gonna want more content after watching that :lol:

For a movie, the storytelling was about as good as it gets

For me, how this was told, I would have loved to see the deeper dive into the various aspects touched upon

Mr. Freeze
Two-Face
Clayface
Penguin
Ra's Al Ghul
Bane
Poison Ivy

The Riddler

Killer Croc/Man-Bat/Anarky/Zsasz/Hugo Strange/Hush/Black Mask//Professor Pyg/the Mad ****ing Hatter

Forgot about Scarecrow. He needs to be done justice too.

Sure, you COULD have 7 great films without touching Joker.

But why hasn’t it happened yet? Because Joker is that guy. Whether you like it or not. He’s the one casual fans are into.

The casual fan doesn’t know about half of those villains you mentioned. I bet you they know Joker though.

We can agree to disagree but can’t no one convince me that joker around hurts any storyline concerning Batman.

the joker scene was deleted for a reason so that if he does come back in the sequels then they can change things up a bit

its also one of those cases where everyones hating on it now but has a huge potential to change opinions once he is portrayed ont he big screen, its just gon be up to reeves to pull it off, is he gon be a maniac dancing to prince? calculated and one step ahead that just want to see the world burn? a gangster with dumb tattoos? a schizo mentally ill psycho? or something else altogether?

Every single X-men movie but first class is a forced wolverine movie

Then he has had 3 solo movies

X-men have a whole lot more going on beyond wolverine
First Class
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix

Also, you can’t really blame that on filmmakers when Wolverine, by the numbers, is the most popular of the X-MEN by far! From every animated cartoon version, to the majority of the most popular stories, Wolverine is at the center. Movies have been consistent of what we’ve seen from Marvel. I was reading how Marvel X-MEN sales have increased since he was brought back to life - sales are the reason why they even brought him back. It’s definitely the fans fault for the Wolverine’s appearances and storylines. He’s the face of the franchise.

It would be a good opportunity to give some shine to other villains so in the future these movies and reboots won't rely so heavily on having joker for general audiences. wb/dc were starting to overuse harley quinn as well but Margot bae wants a break now and james gunn was smart to take peacemaker and make a good show with him.

It's been proven in comic book movies/shows at this point that you don't need a name that the casual fan knows to be successful.
Thanos was not a household name.
Nobody knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy were.
******* Peacemaker was a hit :lol:

at 3hrs, idk if reeves could've gotten away with adding this to the final cut. then again it was only an extra 5min...

that said I have some thoughts.

first, I gotta say, I really really like pattinson's batman. i cant wait to watch this again on HBO max. i have only watched this once. i think this is the best batman since bale.

now onto barry k's joker. not bad...not bad at all. the face looks. interesting....not sure how I feel about the makeup, BUT reeves employs a smooth technique by keeping him out of focus for most shots, adding to the tension. idk. maybe not that significant but I thought it was notable.

i think the laugh is pretty good actually. and for reference I think the goat is hamill. joker's dialogue is kind of...normal. it isn't exaggerated like hamill's or ledger's. so it can be offputting at first but at the same time I can't judge his overall joker off of 5min of deleted scene.

interesting omission. would've added to the who dunnit aspect of the story from bat's perspective? but I don't recall the riddler being much of a mystery. like as I recall they kind of learned it was the riddler early on, but only towards the end did they learn WHO the riddler is. unless im forgetting stuff and actually need to rewatch.

I give the scene an B+, A-.

And my point is him being teased 4 or 5 times before his main appearance gave cats a chance to check up on the character and build some type of hype.

Keep up.

If they were to have just thrown Thanos in the early movies, it wouldn't have hit the same.

And my point is him being teased 4 or 5 times before his main appearance gave cats a chance to check up on the character and build some type of hype.

Keep up.

If they were to have just thrown Thanos in the early movies, it wouldn't have hit the same.
4 or 5 times? He was in like 2 post credits scenes that lasted like 30 seconds total

And it's aside from what I was saying.

Every character in Suicide Squad not named Harley Quinn
Every villain in every Thor movie
Killmonger
Iron Monger
Loki
Wanda/Vision

I can keep going but you get my point I hope.

https://www.news18.com/news/movies/...vengers-infinity-war-and-endgame-2033355.html

I don't believe it to be aside from what you are saying...you brought up Thanos :lol:

I do believe you comparing those characters to what Joker brings to Batman is laughable. Even Thanos.

Thanos isn't tied to a particular hero like Batman is to Joker.

The relationship between Batman and Joker far outweighs any of these smalltime shows/characters you naming.

Being outweighed doesnt mean it can't work though, proven by the titles you mentioned.

Batman/Joker just happens to be a different ballpark.

CW Joker for sure.
Dudes already captured, has a record, looks stupid, Batman just need to slap him up a bit.
Has a mix of that Heath/ Jared voice. Which is not good :lol:

First Class
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix

Also, you can’t really blame that on filmmakers when Wolverine, by the numbers, is the most popular of the X-MEN by far! From every animated cartoon version, to the majority of the most popular stories, Wolverine is at the center. Movies have been consistent of what we’ve seen from Marvel. I was reading how Marvel X-MEN sales have increased since he was brought back to life - sales are the reason why they even brought him back. It’s definitely the fans fault for the Wolverine’s appearances and storylines. He’s the face of the franchise.

X-men was my shhh as a child, wolverine been my dude

They fumbled the ball HUGE overly focusing on wolverine

Especially DOFP

What everyone assumed marvel would do with Ironman in homecoming, fox actually did with wolverine and X-men

Good scene but its a stretch that Batman is going to the Joker for a consult or for profiling on the Riddler. The whole scene was like a copy of Hannibal.

This Barry dude was doing a Heath impression the entire time.
Given the influence of Se7en and Zodiac, makes sense Reeves also goes the Mindhunter route with Batman consulting The Joker.

nah i think that reeves guy got himself into a corner....i think his stuff too *grounded for some of em...
A slight tone can change that
Sure, you COULD have 7 great films without touching Joker.

But why hasn’t it happened yet? Because Joker is that guy. Whether you like it or not. He’s the one casual fans are into.
No.

Its cuz WB and DC suck at their jobs. Pretty obvious with the Snyder trash and the long *** hiatus between Batman movies
The casual fan doesn’t know about half of those villains you mentioned. I bet you they know Joker though.

We can agree to disagree but can’t no one convince me that joker around hurts any storyline concerning Batman.
**** the casual fan.

They can learn.

They don't know a lot of ****. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Unless the studio is just ******* lazy and will continue to do the bare minimum.

Besides that, the casual fan is definitely familiar with the first 7 villains I named. The rest was just extra I'd group together.

Back
Top Bottom