DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

TDKR is on TNT. that stadium scene 
pimp.gif

Just sat down in the theatre

Don't care what people had said about this movie, I'm hyped to see batman superman and wonder woman in action on the big screen

Going Saturday after WonderCon. IMAX at AMC. Not gonna lie I'm disappointed in the reviews but it is what it is. Too many people hate on either affleck/Snyder/Nolan. They have too many marvel expectations.

Funny because from the sound of it the movie has the same tone as the Dardevil series which is awesome.

I'm a fan of all things comic book so I won't be swayed. I know I'll enjoy it and watch it a couple of times

I had little to no interest in this movie. I don't usually let reviews make the decision for me but this and the last F4 movie were both skipped on due to all the negative reviews I read. If it were a movie I had interest in I would pay the reviews no mind but being that I was already on the fence about it to begin with I'm just gonna go ahead and skip it.

Last edited:
Non-spoiler thoughts:
- Can't wait for the standalone Batman film
- I'm convinced Snyder hates Superman
- Well shot/framed, Snyder is probably the best in interpreting comic panels to the big screen
- Terrio & Goyer's "story" :lol: Movie felt rushed and was all over the place
- Everything people predicted as a result of the second trailer is true
- 2.5 hours surprisingly went by fast (pacing is really lopsided though)
- :smh: @ the JL "intros"
- WW and Jenny Lane/Olson/Whatever her last name is :evil:
- I stand corrected on my thoughts of Jesse Eisenberg.. what a total miscast
- 3D is useless (big surprise), watch in IMAX 2D if able
- No post-credit scene
- I also stand corrected on Henry Cavill, Affleck acted circles around him

Can't wait to see it again. I'll be watching on a better IMAX screen in 2D this Saturday.

Just came back from watch the movie....
It was ok, and this is coming from a guy that thought MoS was a really good flick
-Too many scenes that just cut straight to the next like... what?

-Lex was too flamboyant, i figured they wanted joker style character but this aint the lex we all know

-I felt like they made the reveal of he other justice league members too bland, the scene where all the video of them was so clear... It was like I was watching them on worldstar

-Overall to me the film was all over the place but it was terrible, i went in not having high hopes anyway especially after the trailer that revealed doomsday i think thats when i lost all hope for this being great... it felt like i knew everything already 

7.5 out of 10 for me.... 

I just hope this movie makes enough bank to be a success. I don't want the DCCU to fail. Going back to see it again tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not sure how to feel about the film. I need to sleep on it. I know why it got the reviews that it did.

The DCEU will be fine. Even though the critic reviews have been bad, there will be solid word of mouth from casual fans. It's not like F4, where no one liked it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't pass the $1 billion mark worldwide.

As long as the audience enjoys it and WB and DC make their money, the DCEU will be fine.

Thoroughly disappointed. And I went in wanting to LOVE it. As soon as the intro sequence began, it felt off. It's honestly not worth listing what I didn't like because I'm already over the film as a whole. Nothing happened that even remotely got me excited or made me sit at the edge of my seat. There is no moment of suspense or anticipation. Beginning drags like a muggggggg. One of my homegirls legit fell asleep. Bad story telling. Movie is VERY dark, and I mean visually. To a point you take off your glasses wondering if you're watching a black and white movie. There were no moments of brilliant acting. And a lotttt of cheap gimmicks that legit threw me off and made me upset. I'm sounding very negative and I don't wanna piss off any fans of the movie. But I sat with my friends for an hour post and just dissected every moment that was just like wtf man...this coulda been so great.

SIDENOTE and I KNOW this is 100% irrelevant. Not one scene in the movie came even close to any scene in The Dark Knight. In my opinion.

Last edited:
I want this weekend to be over so I can talk about my 2nd favorite part of this movie:

Batman whooping Superman's ***. :lol:

My brother said the movie was really good. Guess i'll check it out Monday.

Last edited:
Just got home from bvs. I'll admit there were a few things I could nitpick, things I won't say until everybody sees it..

Overall I loved it tho..batman delivered :smokin

6.5/8

Would see again..

^ So the movie really is all over the place :smh: Screen Junkies guys talking about "5 movies within this one movie" .

sounds like it was ok. was expecting epicness from that first trailer. looks like it was downhill from there |I.

Thoroughly disappointed. And I went in wanting to LOVE it. As soon as the intro sequence began, it felt off. It's honestly not worth listing what I didn't like because I'm already over the film as a whole. Nothing happened that even remotely got me excited or made me sit at the edge of my seat. There is no moment of suspense or anticipation. Beginning drags like a muggggggg. One of my homegirls legit fell asleep. Bad story telling. Movie is VERY dark, and I mean visually. To a point you take off your glasses wondering if you're watching a black and white movie. There were no moments of brilliant acting. And a lotttt of cheap gimmicks that legit threw me off and made me upset. I'm sounding very negative and I don't wanna piss off any fans of the movie. But I sat with my friends for an hour post and just dissected every moment that was just like wtf man...this coulda been so great.

SIDENOTE and I KNOW this is 100% irrelevant. Not one scene in the movie came even close to any scene in The Dark Knight. In my opinion.

Got damn, I ain't wasting my money then

Back
Top Bottom