DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Still speculation but if I were to guess, they're just trying to find time for Affleck to do the movie (direct and star) but he's been busy with his other projects and then they're going to start filming JL in a week or two.

Gotcha. Idk, but I'm very interested to see where this universe goes. The potential is there IMO to put out some good work.

I'm not sure who to blame for the BvS plot and pacing issues. There are similar awkward editing issues with MoS so I'm going to pin things on Goyer. I'm going to wait and see if Terrio can put a CBM script together from scratch with JL.

I still believe that Snyder's visuals and a solid, impenetrable script could make a perfect CBM. Although I will admit certain decisions he's made about the Superman character are absolutely buns.

Also upon further thought, killer Batman is a little too messy for my tastes.

Gotcha. Idk, but I'm very interested to see where this universe goes. The potential is there IMO to put out some good work.
I'd say reboot one last time, with non-linear subplots like Arrow. Make the talent sign a multi-picture contract like Jackman as Wolverine. Only way it's gonna work.

Affleck surprised me as Batman, however I wasn't really connected to him. Felt like really one-dimensional.

Oddly, Eisenberg as Lex and his subplot saved the filmed. But if it's gonna be rebooted, sad he won't get to return.

Enjoyed the movie for what it was. Almost fell asleep in the middle but the end was action packed and pretty awesome IMO. I'm glad I'm not a big enough nerd to criticize everything in these movies. It's like dudes go into these films with a perfect vision of how it should be for them and have to nitpick every single thing after. It's ok to criticize some things but I feel some of these dudes are taking all of the enjoyment out of the films for themselves when they only voice their gripes and what was wrong with the films.

Loved Affleck as a big brolic Batman. Loved Wonder Woman, she had a lot of sex appeal. Thought Jesse Eisenberg was solid, his performance picked up at the end IMO. Dirt rising from Supermans casket at the end was :pimp:

Was really expecting to see Aquaman in the final battle. Thought he would recover the kryptonite dagger/staff from the water Lois dropped it in. The Cyborg and Flash (and well I guess Aquaman too) preview scenes got me hyped.

Film needed more comedic relief though. Definitely agree with that criticism.

Last edited:
They already are, Momoa recently said on an instagram post that he is with DC for 10 years.
10 years?! 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
 We're in it for the long hall fellas lol

I'm glad I liked the movie, or else I would be really worried right about now...

I'm not sure who to blame for the BvS plot and pacing issues. There are similar awkward editing issues with MoS so I'm going to pin things on Goyer. I'm going to wait and see if Terrio can put a CBM script together from scratch with JL.

I still believe that Snyder's visuals and a solid, impenetrable script could make a perfect CBM. Although I will admit certain decisions he's made about the Superman character are absolutely buns.

Also upon further thought, killer Batman is a little too messy for my tastes.

Don't mind Batman killing, as long as it's not in the comics. But that really just raises the question of why the Joker's still alive, which isn't something that we can just brush aside as if the Joker's not one of the greatest mass murderers in the history of Gotham City :lol: If Bruce decides to kill he should be making a concentrated effort to hunt the Joker and put him down like an animal.

Wow. Did they even say his name? Didn't seem like Lois or anyone else at the daily planet cared about what happened to him. Such disrespect for a character.

Pretty easy to understand when you're not being difficult just for the sake of it. Should've added "as much". Poor movie, but there were cool scenes and I see the potential. There were no moments that gave me chills like other movies i've been waiting 20 yrs to see. This could've been done so much better, but i'm still in for future movies.

Gotcha :lol:

Son that original post was completely contradictory :lol:

Reading it, I can see that.

Make the talent sign a multi-picture contract like Jackman as Wolverine. Only way it's gonna work.

They already are, Momoa recently said on an instagram post that he is with DC for 10 years.

So this means Snyder is also locked for 10 years?

Probably but again despite his part in the direction DCEU goes, he is only directing JL1 and JL2 and really I think that is probably the biggest problem most have.

If they ever do a proper MoS2, I don't see why the new director couldn't just bring him back since his death wasn't even touched upon in the film.

The dude really was more of a spy by being calm and speaking another language.

Back
Top Bottom