DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

unpopular opinion but lego batman has little replay value to me, jokes and format got annoying, i really like lego movie too but that got tired quick as well

and id also say batman returns > 89 batman
Didn’t even like LEGO Batman the first go around.

I was disappointed since it came after the LEGO movie.

Happy 30th anniversary to Batman.

71MDec7Y0zL._SL1207_.jpg

I read that krypton is getting a spin-off show, a show about lobo. I'm wondering why. From the 2 episodes I've seen of him on krypton, the TV version sucks and is annoying and looks weird. Stuff like The Expanse and Deadly Class get cancelled but crap like that is greenlit for Syfy?

Warner Bros. Reportedly Wanted Steven Seagal To Play BATMAN Before Michael Keaton Landed The Role

To mark the 30th anniversary of the film, Screenwriter Sam Hamm gave SyFy Wire an intriguing insight into the studio's early plans for the character. It seems WB had decided to focus more on Batman than Bruce Wayne, and wanted to cast someone who could handle the physical aspects of the role.

One name the studio suggested was then rising action movie star Steven Seagal.

“There were a lot of people at Warner Brother who wanted to cast it with an action star. They wanted to cast the part as Batman, as opposed to casting it as Bruce Wayne. You have to make Bruce Wayne work, because Batman is, for the most part, going to be a stunt guy, or it’s going to be somebody running around in a costume in long shot. You don’t need the martial arts expertise of, say, Steven Seagal or somebody like that because you can fake all of that kind of stuff. Seagal was one of the people that was suggested to us.”

i dont know why but i would have liked to see that instead of the schumacher bats, we would have seen some quick takedown and sick moves :lol:

0z2fb6N.gif

HardToKill-03-sg.gif

HardToKill-04-sg.gif

HardToKill-05-sg.gif

HardToKill-07-sg.gif

giphy.gif

AboveTheLaw-01-sg.gif

At his prime and at that era? That would've been sweet.
But man, to me, his movies ain't aged well at all.
The running, takedowns......And running. Ran almost as much as Tom Cruise.

yeah to me the only ones i can still watch today are Under Siege and Under Siege 2

Casey Ryback would have given Toretto a run for his money

As much as everyone loves Batman (1989), this film does so many things that we would **** on if they tried to do today.

-An actor who was primarily known for comedy as Bruce Wayne/Batman
-The Joker getting an origin story (and a name)
-Batman killing people (Keaton's kill count was almost as high as Affleck's)
-A pop star producing an entire soundtrack album (I don't even want to know what the 2019 equivalent of this is)
-The Joker dancing around to said pop star's music (Again, I don't even want to know what the 2019 equivalent of this is :lol:)

There's probably a few other things I forgot too.

At his prime and at that era? That would've been sweet.
But man, to me, his movies ain't aged well at all.
The running, takedowns......And running. Ran almost as much as Tom Cruise.
Because he got fat quick before the 2nd American action era took off. By then he was overweight and shooting guns while jet lee took all that money

As much as everyone loves Batman (1989), this film does so many things that we would **** on if they tried to do today.

-An actor who was primarily known for comedy as Bruce Wayne/Batman
-The Joker getting an origin story (and a name)
-Batman killing people (Keaton's kill count was almost as high as Affleck's)
-A pop star producing an entire soundtrack album (I don't even want to know what the 2019 equivalent of this is)
-The Joker dancing around to said pop star's music (Again, I don't even want to know what the 2019 equivalent of this is :lol:)

There's probably a few other things I forgot too.
I give this movie passes the same way I do tmnt 1. Lots of it was just part of the style of the era. Entire songs being played was part of all that too haha. At the time it was the only way to legit have people sample the music before running to Samgoodie (spelling) to buy it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom