DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

JL pt. 1 starts filming April 11th.
Some times I wish he stayed a cinematographer or had a more talented brother so it could be the Snyder bros. (like other brother co-directors).

I think about it more looking at his filmography and I don't even hate the guy as a director. Not to mention he seems earnest in interviews about being a comic book fan doing these movies. I loved 300 and he directed and co-wrote that but he needs a producer on set with him to balance out and provide what he lacks.

Yeah he def needs a producer on set with him to guide him right. When you leave it to just him I think he starts to get carried away which can be good and bad.

The standalone movies look like they are going to be :pimp: but the JL films will be a toss up

i HATE that its almost as if these characters know they are in a zach snider movie

literally everytime a major character enters a scene they have to stand and pose for that 5 second slomo shot

superman just hovering over a family stranded on a rooftop just acting epic for no reason rather than actually saving them 
indifferent.gif

3f1a1f1986c19ad8770f3cf7ff31175d214dde64.gif

this is supposed to be a good, humble kid from kansas who likes to do the right thing why the hell does he spend half his screen time moving slow and posing so snider can get his "cool" shots in? 
indifferent.gif

I kept thinking, that doesn't look like an older Ezra Miller. Are we sure it was the Flash? And I really couldn't hear what he was saying, but something along the lines of "Lois is the key?"

I'm thinking superman is going rogue in JL [\SPOILER]

i HATE that its almost as if these characters know they are in a zach snider movie

literally everytime a major character enters a scene they have to stand and pose for that 5 second slomo shot

superman just hovering over a family stranded on a rooftop just acting epic for no reason rather than actually saving them :stoneface:

this is supposed to be a good, humble kid from kansas who likes to do the right thing why the hell does he spend half his screen time moving slow and posing so snider can get his "cool" shots in? :stoneface:

And then you have the score thundering down on you while you're watching these slow-mo shots :lol:

Everything had to be epic.

How did you miss it? He was literally screaming at Bruce :lol:
I kept thinking, that doesn't look like an older Ezra Miller. Are we sure it was the Flash? And I really couldn't hear what he was saying, but something along the lines of "Lois is the key?"

I just couldn't think of anyone else. Also, the dude had a torn red costume. Not to mention all that electricity around him.

How did you miss it? He was literally screaming at Bruce :lol:

It was him, he had a different head gear that opened up almost like Johnny Quick from Crime Syndicate combined with the DCU Online look.

superman just hovering over a family stranded on a rooftop just acting epic for no reason rather than actually saving them :stoneface:

this is supposed to be a good, humble kid from kansas who likes to do the right thing why the hell does he spend half his screen time moving slow and posing so snider can get his "cool" shots in? :stoneface:

I hated all of those poses, b

Like we get it. They be extra try hard to put Superman on that pedestal. From all those shots to the slow mo of the crowd tryna touch him.

:lol:. Those slow pose shots were all through the movie. The Superman one was stupid though.

That is part of the montage though so I didn't think it was a big deal, not like they just stop the film for a superhero pose :lol:

I'm sorry, I hate to admit this, but Snyder makes that **** look good. :lol: Like that scene in MoS where Supes' is just floating above the army with guns and tanks pointed at him.

The strategy of making Supes a metaphor for an angel from above was overplayed and heavy-handed

Making humans a metaphor for religious followers were overplayed and heavy-handed too

Last edited:
positives of the movie:

once again, they did a great job of showing how amazingly powerful superman is compared to anything from earth

WW is fine as hell and the acting was fine, with a better director and screenplay I would be excited for a solo movie

bruce and alfred are great characters, very excited for their solo movie

I enjoyed violent murdering psychopath batman

that's about it 
laugh.gif

Sooooo

So how the Clark Kent going to show his face again? In terms of his relationship with Louis. Dude can't be superman 24/7...

this is supposed to be a good, humble kid from kansas who likes to do the right thing why the hell does he spend half his screen time moving slow and posing so snider can get his "cool" shots in? 
indifferent.gif
I'm sorry, I hate to admit this, but Snyder makes that **** look good.
laugh.gif
Like that scene in MoS where Supes' is just floating above the army with guns and tanks pointed at him.
its nice to have 2-3 moments like that in a movie but there were at least 15 in this movie that just totally broke up the already horrid pacing 

there are diminishing returns to epicness 

Back
Top Bottom