DC vs. Marvel

That Superman article has been written by a ****** who obviously has no understanding of the character or the depth of storylines involving him. His argumentis based on watching Superman returns & reading TDKR!
His amateur psycho-analysis of how Batman's childhood background story gives him more credibility is laughable.

"Superman sez: all criminals are bad. All lawbreakers deserve punishment. If Superman were in charge of the DEA, roughly 70% of college students acrossthe country would be serving time in prison right now."

lol, I mean, apart from the spelling, this statistic is based on what?

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

imo i think marvel is better.........all their comics are kinda connected (except for the ultimate universe comics)...unlike dc... they have like 3-4 different comics about the same people... example: batman; batman/superman; trinty... it's like they just keep using the same characters over and over... with marvel it has it's own order of things whereas dc they just decide on making a new comic out of the blue just using one of those 1-3 heavy hitters.
I know right? Just like Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man Family, Invincible Iron Man, Iron Man, Ultimate Hulk,Incredible Hulk, etc. SMH @ the same 1-3 heavy hitters on the same rotation.

Oh, forgot to mention how they come with different comic arcs out the blue. For instance, Civil War into The Secret Invasion into The Dark Regin?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

theres a marvel character for every dc character
only marvels answer is 10xs better

/thread
word. there are some great DC characters, but overall, DC is corny. most (but not all) of the stories seem like they're written by 13 yr olds. and $%! is up with the "man" fixation; superman, batman, wonder woman, elongated man, plastic man, hawk man etc. the only villians that don't suck are Brainiac, Lex, and Darkseid (and maybe Doomsday).

marvel for the mickey fickey win
exactly
the heroes are way too SUPER!!!
and heroey

marvel has some of the more edgier, spontaneous characters u can relate too
word to venom wolverine sabertooth etc

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I'll be the dark horse and throw out Image Comics for me
smile.gif

I've always been partial to their original comic lines for some reason...

Wetworks..
wetworks.jpg

Stormwatch..
33101-5174-36956-1-stormwatch_super.jpg

WildC.A.T.S.
83988-113441-wildc-a-t-s_super.jpg

Spawn(although I never was a fan)
spawn_comic_cover_150b_cl.jpg
wow this brings back memories. i still have stormwatch 1 spawn 1 savage dragon 1 wildcats 1 prohet... a bunch of %*!@
pimp.gif

I gotta say Marvel only because when I get into certain characters, all the characters I tend to like are from the Marvel camp. I cant think of ONE DCcharacter I like.

im not into comics as much as i used to but im going to ride out with Marvel. The X-Men cartoon from back in the day on Fox Kids > all.

Originally Posted by jimmy digital

im not into comics as much as i used to but im going to ride out with Marvel. The X-Men cartoon from back in the day on Fox Kids > all.
I'm probably in the minority but, BTAS and Justice League cartoon > X-Men cartoon.

TennHouse2

Yessir
pimp.gif
. Too bad Wally will not be the main Flash anymore....

no cartoon is better than the old fox kids x men

maybe u can put the spiderman
or maybe 90s batman up there
but seriously
xmen for the winrar

YOU gotta see that youre asking a board that mostly consists of youngsters who are under the age of 25 or 21 for that part andmost are going to base thier answers off of todays modern movies, toys, cool looks and popularity... that will mainly go to MARVEL, they have had better movies, toys and more popularity with getting thier own movie production rights MARVEL STUDIOS.. before youd seethe MARVEL tied in with like paramount pictures but now that MARVEL is on its own, they can do whatever the heck they want and that means for sure movies like

*CAPTAIN AMERICA
* THOR
* THE AVENGERS..... (thats gonna be insane seeing IRON MAN and many others on ONE SCREEN)

BUT WAIT A MINUTE...... the comic life as a whole without a doubt has to go with DC in terms of storylines, consistancy and humanrelations to a reader. Without a doubt the FRONT RUNNER and MOST ICONIC hero, hands down is SUPERMAN

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

imo i think marvel is better.........all their comics are kinda connected (except for the ultimate universe comics)...unlike dc... they have like 3-4 different comics about the same people... example: batman; batman/superman; trinty... it's like they just keep using the same characters over and over... with marvel it has it's own order of things whereas dc they just decide on making a new comic out of the blue just using one of those 1-3 heavy hitters.
I know right? Just like Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man Family, Invincible Iron Man, Iron Man, Ultimate Hulk, Incredible Hulk, etc. SMH @ the same 1-3 heavy hitters on the same rotation.

Oh, forgot to mention how they come with different comic arcs out the blue. For instance, Civil War into The Secret Invasion into The Dark Regin?
roll.gif
roll.gif
apparently you can't read i said EXCEPT FOR THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE!!!! Ultimate hulk and ult spiderman is seperate........ yeah you'reright they did come out of the blue with secret invasion..... even though they hinted at that once in almost every tie in to civil war, and to what happenedafter secret invasion.....it's only natural for dark reign to come!......and you talk about spiderman have multiple comics?... what happend to spectacularspiderman or your friendly neighbor hood spider man?........oh yeah! they ended them!!! Marvel figured it's unfair to the fans to have 4-5 comics based onthe same damn person!! as for batman: Super Friends,All Star Batman and Robinthe Boy Wonder; Detective Comics; Batman; Batman and Robin; Batman: Streets of Gotham; Superman/Batman; Batman Confidential; Batman and the Outsiders; Trinity .............really? is it necessaryto have 10 freakin comics with that dude?!?!?!?!(reminder.........these are all ONGOING series)......let's see....what about superman?.........not bad 2-3
smh.gif
i mean yeah... marvel does this but iyet have not seen more than 3 comics per hero... and +$$? these writers really are kids.......... i mean c'monsuperman vs. terminator? super/bat vs. aliens and predators? and freakin super/bat vs VAMPIRES AND FREAKIN WEREWOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
**** withthat sith!
tired.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

no cartoon is better than the old fox kids x men

maybe u can put the spiderman
or maybe 90s batman up there
but seriously
xmen for the winrar
no cartoon? or no comic based cartoon?

cause og Transformers CRUSHES all cartoons, comic or not

I don't read comics anymore bc of the whole 8 different universe thing. Its just dumb. Like they forgot how to come up with new cool characters.

Marvel wins. Spidey. XMen. Surfer. F4. GREAT VILLANS toooo...

All I ever really enjoyed from DC was Batman and Green Lantern. (2 of the top 3 superheroes of all time though)

Easy choice: DC

Superman can single handedly beat ALL heroes and villains of Marvel.

Heck, even Batman who is the super genius of all the superheroes can beat all the members of Marvel.

/thread

Marvels characters have better balance, and for a long time marvels characters had more in depth storylines and were easier to relate to

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

Heck, even Batman who is the super genius of all the superheroes can beat all the members of Marvel.

/thread

u extra trippin

Originally Posted by DakMode

/thread

u extra trippin

I ain't trippin, you heard me kid.

/thread
smh.gif
smh.gif
.............he can't even deal with his OWN villians i mean LEX LUTHOR!!! he'sa freakin human!!! he doesn't have what it takes to do the job right!...and hands down Hulk or juggernaught could wup that sap from here to kingdom come!hulks got what 800+ ppl he's killed... he would have no problem killing superman..........and you say batmans super smart huh? is he smarter than brainiac?mr fantastic?
eyes.gif
you're just a fanboy what do you know?

/thread
smh.gif
smh.gif
.............he can't even deal with his OWN villians i mean LEX LUTHOR!!! he's a freakin human!!! he doesn't have what it takes to do the job right!...and hands down Hulk or juggernaught could wup that sap from here to kingdom come! hulks got what 800+ ppl he's killed... he would have no problem killing superman..........and you say batmans super smart huh? is he smarter than brainiac? mr fantastic?
eyes.gif
I can see your heartbeat is on the rise right now
roll.gif
,relax...

Yes he is smarter than every Marvel member you name kid, and even your mom too!!!

/thread
smh.gif
smh.gif
.............he can't even deal with his OWN villians i mean LEX LUTHOR!!! he's a freakin human!!! he doesn't have what it takes to do the job right!...and hands down Hulk or juggernaught could wup that sap from here to kingdom come! hulks got what 800+ ppl he's killed... he would have no problem killing superman..........and you say batmans super smart huh? is he smarter than brainiac? mr fantastic?
eyes.gif
I can see your heartbeat is on the rise right now
roll.gif
,relax...

Yes he is smarter than every Marvel member you name kid, and even your mom too!!!
yeah.... no one in both universes is smarter than a mere human
eyes.gif
and about my heart... i'm passionate about comics.....you should take an interest in them too... don't just watch the movies and say: "hey i like that guy, from now on he's the best at everything... i'll go into discussions and just blurt out that he's better than everyone"
smh.gif

Although I like DC, its really hard to put one Brand over the other. Marvel and DC have had their periods where both struggled with their storylines andcharacters.

Superman Blue and Red
grin.gif

Cap-Wolf
So many incarnations of Wolverine
Ben Reilly Spiderman
The Marvel phase of Hologram Covers
Hal Jordan becoming the Spectre
Spiderman/Mary-Jane making a deal with the devil/Mephisto....
Wolverine in every comic and on 3-4 different teams at the same time
Sabertooth and Venom turned into Superheroes
laugh.gif

The list goes on and on.....

Back
Top Bottom