DENVER BRONCOS NAME JOSH MCDANIELS NEW HEAD COACH

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dammit
smh.gif

The Denver Broncos have reached agreement to name New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels their new head coach, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Sunday.

McDaniels, 32, replaces Mike Shanahan, who was fired Dec. 30 after 14 years on the job. The team is expected to announce the deal on Monday.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen sent COO Joe Ellis to Boston Thursday for a lengthy second interview with McDaniels, who, according to sources, was one of two finalists along with Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.

McDaniels becomes the third member of Belichick's coaching staff to be named an NFL head coach in recent years, following Romeo Crennel, who took over Cleveland in 2005 and was fired after this past season, and Eric Mangini, who went to the Jets in 2006. Mangini was also fired after this season and has since been named to replace Crennel in Cleveland.

McDaniels has worked in the NFL for eight seasons, all with New England. He joined the Patriots on March 1, 2001 as a personnel assistant in the scouting department and assisted the defensive coaching staff for three seasons. He began serving as the Patriots' quarterbacks coach in 2004 and was named offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach on Jan. 20, 2006.

McDaniels began his coaching career in 1999 as a graduate assistant at Michigan State, working under head coach Nick Saban.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3826234http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3826234

That sucks.

Probably trying to follow the mold of the Falcons and Dolphins with the relatively no namers. Lightning like that hardly strikes twice, let alone three times.Denver is done for.

Originally Posted by presequel

did the last 15 minutes of niketalk just disappear?

Yup. And on top of that I keep trying to edit my post to space out the paragraphs and it's not letting me.

And the next Bill Belichick assistant to fail miserably as a head coach in the NFL is...

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by presequel

did the last 15 minutes of niketalk just disappear?

Yup. And on top of that I keep trying to edit my post to space out the paragraphs and it's not letting me.

Yeah, what's up with that? That frustrates me.

While I was hopin for Spag or Frazier, I think (hope) it can be a step in a new direction.
Bright dude, hopefully he'll get the right d coordinator in there and revamp the d, minus champ, woodyard, dj, and dumervil.
Remember jus because the head coach is more offensive oriented doesn't mean he can't put a respectable defense in there. Shanahans failings were morepersonnel gm decisions than anything

Another product of Bill's system?

I guess, that wouldn't have been a hire I would have made tho.

Congratulations Denver. You got yourselves a good coach. McDaniels might do something good with Cutler.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Congratulations Denver. You got yourselves a good coach. McDaniels might do something good with Cutler.

Exactly. That's the upside. He's coming into a dream offense for a "offensive-minded" head coach. He just needs to tweak a couple of thingsbut he can further develop cutler and the offense in general. W/ or w/o Jeremy Bates stayin, I expect a revitalized effort and better play-calling andgameplan. Cutler needs to get those INT's under control. Now they need a get a gm that will tap the free agent market and draft for some defense. And a dcoordinator.

I don't know how he'll be as a HC but he was a real good offensive coordinator. People wanted to write him because of the talent (Dallas Cowboysanyone?) but look at #'s the offense put up this year with Matt Cassell leading the team at the QB position. Not to mention the number of different runningbacks they had to use (BenJarvis Green-Ellis?)

I think this loss is going to hurt the Patriots unless they bring in someone with a similar mindset - his style of play fit the current roster perfectly.

Dom Capers as D-Coordinator makes sense because they have a history together in NE but we'll have to wait and see about that I guess.

It doesn't matter who they bring in as defensive coordinator if they don't draft well.

McDaniels is a nice choice, I guess. Play to your strengths with an offensive guy; I get it.

Back
Top Bottom