DESIGNER'S ROLL CALL: JORDAN XIX!!!

MingYao11,

I just turn 18 a few months ago. And the second shoe i posted i drew when i was 16.

<------ That me.

Man, this is nuts... Everyone thinks jjcoolguy's design is NolanDW's, and every second guys says VD's is ugly, or bad, or resembles a crappy shoe. :rolleyes
eyes.gif
What is this... has the board gone nuts? |I
tired.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
^^^ Carth just made my day. I am starting to wonder about the opinions of some NTers...or how they arrive at them. It's beginning to look like a waste of time posting these designs (trunners) lately.
We have got to do something about you guys calling me "VD" for real! :rofl:
roll.gif
Jus playin'!
BTW: where is your design at Carth? You usually represent on the DRC.
Too many dudes MIA for this one.

^Hey at least people actually notice your design. Of all the times Ive made 3d models, not a lot of people have been impressed by them. I mean it took me awhile. Its the closest thing to an actual shoe.

ATTENTION:

Thanks for the comments, but that is not my sketch. The sketch is from jjcoolguy, so give the props to him. I'm just hosting pics for this contest. (Though I may try to enter)

So far the renderings are great. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
^Hey at least people actually notice your design. Of all the times Ive made 3d models, not a lot of people have been impressed by them. I mean it took me awhile. Its the closest thing to an actual shoe.

Archeever, u by far have the best rendering and iw as referring to u the most. I wish they did make the 19's like urs, cuz they r fire. Much props to u.

Yeah, Arch's is fire... And he has mad skills with rhino.

To VD ( :D
happy.gif
)... I dunno, I'm not very good with Jordans... My Nu' 8s are in re-working phase.. the originals were cool, but I had trouble capturing the essence. I'm also thinking of turning Zen's thesis shoe into an adidas... I'm convince that it would look really cool. And thanks for noticing that I post in these things... my entry is usually crappy... I only have 8 Prismas, 4 of them are varying shades of warm grey, and I really need to learn how to use them like Arch and Zen and Alpha (you don't use them, do you?)... Personally, I think we should set up the next DRC as a T-Mac 4 one.. most people were unhappy with #3... I'd like to see what we could make of it.

i think there were jus a few miscommunications here and there, but it's good to see that NT is all about respect and love. Or atleast the Designer's portion of it. I think we support each other, and we critique each other people's work sincerely, and not jus wave it off as " good"or " crap"...

Cart: go ahead, do a remix of my shoe! i'm super intrested in what u gots! As for the markers... it just takes practice. practice to get your "style" down, and practice to get the renderings tight. whutevah. i'm sure u know that.

wait up for me guys! lemme post up my Jordans * or one of you guys help me post it.... :wow:
embarassed.gif
) b4 the next DRC gets goin!.....

^znth, email it to me.

I do know one thing that NT'ers love, and that is the different angles you can draw. If you practice the different angles and views, people can get a better idea of your vision.

Archeever: Nice and clean design. Flows well but i think it needs a little more detail ( i know there was only a limited number of clues to work with). Nonetheless great job.

Vocaldigital23: Very nice job also. Yours is obviously more complex and detailed, but you did a great job of putting it all together. Is it possible to see another colorway?

Thanks to everyone who posted, i enjoy seeing your talent.
<-----Thanks for all the memories, Mike.

So far, I've got a prelim. sketch... I incorporated the shelltoe, adiprene + into the midsole, and a hidden adisave unit into the medial. I tried to retain the overall looks, but I fear it's at the expense of the cool system you devised for your thesis project. I does, however, look very similar. Post it up in a week or so, when I've done a few more angles, etc.

VD: First, please take no offense to my post, I wasn't trying to discredit your design in any way.

I think that what led me to think 'trunner' was the bottom of the shoe. The shape and style presents a 'trainer-esque' type of shoe. You may not agree, that's cool, I don't expect you to, but you asked for my explanation... just letting you know what I thought.

jester
Central Florida NT Summit
^^^ check it out and post ^^^

^^^ Jester: thanks man. Actually, I do agree with that. I can live with that as that was the one part I was going to redo before I posted as didn't think the sole matched the rest of the shoe aesthetically. Thanks for explaining.

Tone

whoa....i really think that ALL the submissions from you guys are :wow:
eek.gif

(read: wow!!)

there aint never gona be a shortage of creative talent in here aye :wink:
wink.gif

always looked forward to these drc's :smile:
smile.gif

Zenith, you da man dawg. You da friggin man!!! We really need to chill sometime. Those are phat bro! Love em. I am working on a white version of mine right now.

Zen sounded kinda dissapointed in them in his email. I personally find the overall design is nice, but the execution could be improved... still, much better than anything I could do. :frown:
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom