Did cats really think they were doing it in the 80's?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/%21Bdvkrrg%212k%7E%24%28KGrH****jwEjlLmV5FdBK6O2,EEoQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

Dude had that outfit in every color.
laugh.gif
Dude is a walking Skittle..
laugh.gif

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!Bdvkrrg!2k~%24(KGrH****jwEjlLmV5FdBK6O2,EEoQ~~_12.JPG

LMFAO ya'll see duke on the far right stance
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

its almost as if dude in the back with the shades knows having that pic taken is a bad look...my man leanin back real easy
laugh.gif

and this...

kanyewestentourage1.jpg

my man 2nd from right looks out of place...his fit is actually on point. only thing i can knock is that he's standing like a duck.

the rest
smh.gif
....its a shame because they all look like grown men, woulda thought they'd be past all this fad #$++
tired.gif
QFT.. My man Fonzworth
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

This other dude in the middle looking like the black UnderTaker....money next to him mad dramatic and passionate with Soul Glo puddles on his forehead...homie with the Yellow Star Trek get up looking mad sweet...

To top it off they posted up on top of a German Shepard hide like they can do no wrong
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back then, artists were "different". It was fresh and new. Nowadays, every other artist tries so hard to be "different", they ultimatelyend up looking like clowns. lol

There are many elements of 80s fashion that I love. Most of which are being incorporated in today's fashion trends anyways. If you ask me 80s fashion ispretty timeless.
It always pops back up in one form or another
laugh.gif

As for the "OGs" posted, they were just comfortable in there own skin that's all.
pimp.gif

2Guard wrote:
how is that different from today........

20 years from now you will be like ,I can't believe i rocked skinny jeans,fitteds with the brim not folded,and clothes with the tags still on them. Ohyeah, those huge overpriced and sized shades.

I always thought this was more of a hip-hop thing where groups in the early 80's wore more costume like stuff. The Run-Dmc kind of changed it up or was athe beginning of the era where that started to change.

Originally Posted by mjt26

Parliament+Funkadelic072002.jpg

You guys are leaving out the real people responsible for these fashion atrocities, Parliament Funkadelic. Flash and the Five didn't dress like that in their everyday life, just for performing and pictures, which would unfortunately last forever. They wanted to be like rock stars, so they found the biggest, wildest, black rock starts to look like, Parliament.

Parliament.jpg

Besides, I see many questionable styles nowadays.
EXACTLY! It wasnt really until maybe Kurtis Blow somewhat and really until Run DMC came along and said forget all that mess and started wearingtheir "street" clothes during performances, pictures, album covers, etc...that other rappers followed suit and started doing the same.

Originally Posted by no vert

2Guard wrote:
how is that different from today........

20 years from now you will be like ,I can't believe i rocked skinny jeans,fitteds with the brim not folded,and clothes with the tags still on them. Oh yeah, those huge overpriced and sized shades.
Everytime I see this pic, dude on the far right always creeps me out. I dont know, theres just something that seems off about him, might be theclothes, his stance or his hairline
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom