Did I make the right choice? Whey Protein... Wanksta23 come in!

I'm on week 2 of P90X and wanted to incorporate protein into my diet. I was torn between Isopure, Syntha 6 and generic whey protein. After talking to theclerk and not knowing much about it myself I decided on the generic whey protein. It was cheapest and most simple. Has about 18 grams of protein and 100calories. Did I make a good choice?

067689_md.gif

It's our Whey or the highway! Whey is a popular protein choice not only for bodybuilders and people on high protein diets, but for those looking for aquick, easy-to-use nutritional drink. As a natural by-product of milk, Whey is positively loaded with strength-building protein, which plays a role in optimalnutrition.* Whey contains branched chain amino acids - made up of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine - which are important components of muscle tissue.* Whey alsocontains immunoglobulins and lactoferrin - natural compounds that support healthy immune system function.* Precision Engineered Whey Protein is a premium wheyprotein containing a full spectrum glycomacropeptide complex, and provides exceptional nourishment designed for those who expect only the best in a nutritionaldrink.

how much did you pay? Cuz bodybuilding.com has that ON Gold Standard Whey Protein in like a million flavors 2lb. container for like $22

Originally Posted by avitale8

how much did you pay? Cuz bodybuilding.com has that ON Gold Standard Whey Protein in like a million flavors 2lb. container for like $22
pimp.gif
Vanilla taste real good, 24g of protein per serving... Mixes well with peanut butter and bananas...

18 g of protein isn a whole lot when it comes to powdered whey, but its exremely difficult to go "wrong" with a brand of whey.

Its not the "best" whey supplement, but itll still help you and for the price you get what you buy.

I'm using optimum 100% whey gold standard in double rich chocolate. imo that's the best one out now. Tastes pretty good and it has 24g of protein. Andlike someone above me said it mixes pretty well.

Can anyone recommend me some other good flavors? I want to try banana cream or vanilla

I might return it and get Isopure. The reviews for isopure are insane. And I feel like this will only bulk me up...

Those proteins aren't even comparable. Syntha-6, for example, is a casein-based protein used for pre-bedtime shakes, because of its slow release time.

OP needs a whey protein isolate shake for post-workout.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You gettin good results with that p90?

Hey Joseph Camel. I think ima open it and use it right now because I just finished my workout and wanted to start asap. Once I am done with it I will upgradeto what you preferred.

good progress..i need to start that..im gettin man boobs
indifferent.gif

Thanks dude. I just finished day 2 of week 1. MUCH easier than last week. haha. Hopefully the protein shake I just took leans me out and doesen't get mefat n chunky like muscle milk did. haha

This is what I've been using since it was recommended by a few people who been working out for awhile on NT
k318d0.jpg

im straight addicted to this vanilla flavor

I have no idea what you bought
laugh.gif

^ I use the same kind, triple chocolate flavor+a banana+1 boiled egg+ peanut butter= A solid dinner.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

This is what I've been using since it was recommended by a few people who been working out for awhile on NT
k318d0.jpg

laugh.gif

My friend takes that to.
frown.gif
I feel like I wasted money.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

k318d0.jpg

laugh.gif

My friend takes that to.
frown.gif
I feel like I wasted money.
You certainly didnt "waste" your money.

The differences in each brand are very small and theyre all basically the same product (assuming you know what youre looking for. Ex: whey isolate vscasein...that sort of thing.)

If you compare product labels the differences are minor.

k318d0.jpg

laugh.gif
did you get vanilla ice cream? i ordered that today. anyways...

ON Whey>>>>>> all, seriously.

lots of protein per serving and very little sugar.

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

You gettin good results with that p90?

Hey Joseph Camel. I think ima open it and use it right now because I just finished my workout and wanted to start asap. Once I am done with it I will upgrade to what you preferred.

Yeah honestly that's probably a smart idea. P90X isn't even a bulking program, it's like an overall fitness routine so it won't make that bigof a difference. Get the ON next time but yeah no big.

I just bought 6 things on bb.com, I'm a supp addict these days
laugh.gif

Got this because it sounded tasty. I'll let you guys know how it is when it comes (5 day shipping I think)

E1-02770-X500.gif

Rocky road! Could be delicious or disgusting. I'm getting tired of vanilla ice cream though, that's what my last two 4.6 lb tubs were.

i took isopure when i used to lift in college. it tastes like crap but mixes well so keep that in mind. worst protein i have ever tasted.

Back
Top Bottom