Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

After a day of thought, maybe we all (as football fans) were wrong to question the extent of the injury but I have no issue with criticizing Cutler's heart and mental makeup. Jay Cutler has shown mental lapses, poor body language, an aloof personality (weak leadership IMO), and missing desire his whole NFL career. KLJ for someone who follows and supports Cutler as much as you do, you've definitely seen it but probably choose to ignore or reject this truth. The man is not a leader point blank. Cutler hasn't shown the ability to motivate his teammates, he doesn't lead by example, and there's a lack of will/determination when he's on the field. Re-watch Fox's coverage to witness Cutler's poor body language ALL GAME. You say teammates or coaches "haven't taken issue," so respected NFL analysts don't count? Obviously the Chicago Bears aren't going to put their anointed franchise QB on the spot, that would just be bad PR and cause turmoil in the future. Lovie Smith, Olin Kreutz, and Brian Urlacher are clear leaders of the franchise. It would be disastrous to not defend Cutler publicly. They were prepared for the questions after the game. Doesn't mean that his body language isn't a problem. 
"How do you even know he wasn't?" Refer to the CBS Sports report posted right above your own comments and also re-watch how distant Cutler was on the sidelines after Collins/Hanie stepped into duty.

"A stoic personality" - No one said he doesn't care at all but perhaps he doesn't show he cares ENOUGH. Exhibit A: Look at Big Ben's leadership at halftime when the Steelers were down big against Baltimore. Exhibit B: Look how demonstrative and passionate Phil Rivers is for the Chargers. Cutler doesn't seem hungry enough for that Super Bowl berth given it was the NFC Championship against Chicago's most hated division rival. I don't mean just with his play, if he's severely injured there's other ways to help your team on the sidelines. He could have done way more to coach up and assist Collins and Hanie. He could have offered encouragement or motivation for the defense that performed so well for the Bears all season long. He could have motivated his receivers to step it up given his rapport with Hester, Olsen, Bennett, etc. 

It comes down to this. The medical staff done goofed, which fueled all these comments.

Did Cutler get hurt, I think we're all in agreement he did. Nobody saying he wasn't hurt.

The problem is, him playing 2 more drives after halftime. Look, it's fine and dandy that he attempted to 'give it a go.'
Kudos.

But, if the injury was deemed serious, why did the medical staff even let this dude out there? They knew something wasn't right since the end of the 2nd q. Went to the locker room early to evaluate. Evaluated during halftime, and still let this dude come out.

Let's just call it how it really is, and that's, yes, Cutler got hurt, but he gave the Bears the best chance to win, so they trotted him out there anyway. He was still ineffective after 2 drives, after being ineffective the whole game, so THAT'S when they pulled the plug.

They pulled the plug on the dude because he was ineffective AND hurt.

They didn't pull the plug on him because he was just, hurt.

Because if that was the case, they wouldn't let him play anymore because of injury, they wouldn't have let this dude back in there after halftime.

This is of course IMO, and I might be reaching and/or an idiot.

Ps - Lebatard is an idiot. Mark Schlereth had tweets implying Jay quit too. Last I checked he was white.

Since when has Jay Cutler earned the benefit of the doubt not to have his toughness questioned? Dude has always had a carefree, nonchalant demeanor as if he doesn't give a F. Goes out, throws picks...doesn't care. Goes out...plays like %*!$...doesn't care.

But somehow he's above having his toughness questioned? $+@@!. This isn't some guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and always goes out to battle and gives 100% win or lose. This is Jay Cutler. He's just as apt to make his team lose as he is to make his team win. He isn't above %*!$.

If this wasn't Jay Cutler, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Almost any other QB you would know it was something serious because he sat out. but it's Jay Cutler. A guy who has always looked and played and acted as if he doesn't give a damn. So you're out of your mind to suggest that he is above criticism for showing a lack of heart and toughness.

Since when has Jay Cutler earned the benefit of the doubt not to have his toughness questioned? Dude has always had a carefree, nonchalant demeanor as if he doesn't give a F. Goes out, throws picks...doesn't care. Goes out...plays like %*!$...doesn't care.

But somehow he's above having his toughness questioned? $+@@!. This isn't some guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and always goes out to battle and gives 100% win or lose. This is Jay Cutler. He's just as apt to make his team lose as he is to make his team win. He isn't above %*!$.

If this wasn't Jay Cutler, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Almost any other QB you would know it was something serious because he sat out. but it's Jay Cutler. A guy who has always looked and played and acted as if he doesn't give a damn. So you're out of your mind to suggest that he is above criticism for showing a lack of heart and toughness.

It comes down to this. The medical staff done goofed, which fueled all these comments.

Did Cutler get hurt, I think we're all in agreement he did. Nobody saying he wasn't hurt.

The problem is, him playing 2 more drives after halftime. Look, it's fine and dandy that he attempted to 'give it a go.'
Kudos.

But, if the injury was deemed serious, why did the medical staff even let this dude out there? They knew something wasn't right since the end of the 2nd q. Went to the locker room early to evaluate. Evaluated during halftime, and still let this dude come out.

Let's just call it how it really is, and that's, yes, Cutler got hurt, but he gave the Bears the best chance to win, so they trotted him out there anyway. He was still ineffective after 2 drives, after being ineffective the whole game, so THAT'S when they pulled the plug.

They pulled the plug on the dude because he was ineffective AND hurt.

They didn't pull the plug on him because he was just, hurt.

Because if that was the case, they wouldn't let him play anymore because of injury, they wouldn't have let this dude back in there after halftime.

This is of course IMO, and I might be reaching and/or an idiot.

Ps - Lebatard is an idiot. Mark Schlereth had tweets implying Jay quit too. Last I checked he was white.

You're talking about a bunch of !+%* that you didn't see.

ap-5166adf868584085a3ba3f8d245bef54.jpg

Me posting a single picture of him doing what you say he wasn't is the same as you seeing a total of 45 seconds of footage of him on the sideline alone, no?
You say teammates or coaches "haven't taken issue," so respected NFLanalysts don't count? Obviously the Chicago Bears aren't going to puttheir anointed franchise QB on the spot, that would just be bad PR andcause turmoil in the future. Lovie Smith, Olin Kreutz, and BrianUrlacher are clear leaders of the franchise. It would be disastrous tonot defend Cutler publicly. They were prepared for the questions afterthe game. Doesn't mean that his body language isn't a problem.
I figured you would say that. No way they could actually believe what they said, right?

It's an easy answer. I get it.

You're talking about a bunch of !+%* that you didn't see.

ap-5166adf868584085a3ba3f8d245bef54.jpg

Me posting a single picture of him doing what you say he wasn't is the same as you seeing a total of 45 seconds of footage of him on the sideline alone, no?
You say teammates or coaches "haven't taken issue," so respected NFLanalysts don't count? Obviously the Chicago Bears aren't going to puttheir anointed franchise QB on the spot, that would just be bad PR andcause turmoil in the future. Lovie Smith, Olin Kreutz, and BrianUrlacher are clear leaders of the franchise. It would be disastrous tonot defend Cutler publicly. They were prepared for the questions afterthe game. Doesn't mean that his body language isn't a problem.
I figured you would say that. No way they could actually believe what they said, right?

It's an easy answer. I get it.

you're confusing throwing picks and critiquing Cutlers "game" for his toughness...

because if anything about Cutler you cant harp on, its his toughness.

He plays with Diabetes for one, takes sacks like nothing and keeps going. and isnt gun shy like David Carr was after him taking all those sacks.

that @$%+ u typed makes Zero sense, because throwing Picks has nothing to do with him picking himself f off the turf and being out there every other game/series/play prior to this injury

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.
People ssee what they want to see, and the only reason this is so easily talked about is because ppl already dislike Cutler for his mistakes on the field and for the fact he doesnt kiss the media's @$#.

you're confusing throwing picks and critiquing Cutlers "game" for his toughness...

because if anything about Cutler you cant harp on, its his toughness.

He plays with Diabetes for one, takes sacks like nothing and keeps going. and isnt gun shy like David Carr was after him taking all those sacks.

that @$%+ u typed makes Zero sense, because throwing Picks has nothing to do with him picking himself f off the turf and being out there every other game/series/play prior to this injury

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.
People ssee what they want to see, and the only reason this is so easily talked about is because ppl already dislike Cutler for his mistakes on the field and for the fact he doesnt kiss the media's @$#.

How do we actually know if he doesn't give a flying fk unless we're a teammate of him?

If cutler didn't get hurt, 100% he wouldve kept playing and the Lovie wouldn't have pull him out of the game.

How do we actually know if he doesn't give a flying fk unless we're a teammate of him?

If cutler didn't get hurt, 100% he wouldve kept playing and the Lovie wouldn't have pull him out of the game.

If this would've happened to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning it would be a non-issue. The thing is that Cutler isn't the media darling everyone wants him to be, he just doesn't seem to give a %%%% about anything and it pisses people off, but don't question the man's toughness after all he's been through this season and his entire career.

If this would've happened to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning it would be a non-issue. The thing is that Cutler isn't the media darling everyone wants him to be, he just doesn't seem to give a %%%% about anything and it pisses people off, but don't question the man's toughness after all he's been through this season and his entire career.

I don't see why people are comparing Rivers and Cutler.

At the time, people were saying it was an idiotic decision by Rivers to play on the tear. Secondly, he had a week of preparation and treatments to help him go play.

Congratulations to all those players that said that they would play no matter what.

I don't see why people are comparing Rivers and Cutler.

At the time, people were saying it was an idiotic decision by Rivers to play on the tear. Secondly, he had a week of preparation and treatments to help him go play.

Congratulations to all those players that said that they would play no matter what.

people are DUMB to think that a professional athlete quit....by nature, these are the most competitive humans on the planet....what makes you think they would just quit????....if he did indeed tear his MCL (and the chicago media will investigate thoroughly to prove whatever results come out) then everyone just needs to shut up. If Urlacher has his back, then you know its legit...that dude calls it like he sees it, doesnt care what he says, so long as its the truth, and something he firmly believes....everyone just needs to wait to see the extent of the injury.

Dan Patrick show just asked would rather be Paul Pierce or Jay Cutler???

Pierce will forever be known as a #^#%^ to me lol

people are DUMB to think that a professional athlete quit....by nature, these are the most competitive humans on the planet....what makes you think they would just quit????....if he did indeed tear his MCL (and the chicago media will investigate thoroughly to prove whatever results come out) then everyone just needs to shut up. If Urlacher has his back, then you know its legit...that dude calls it like he sees it, doesnt care what he says, so long as its the truth, and something he firmly believes....everyone just needs to wait to see the extent of the injury.

Dan Patrick show just asked would rather be Paul Pierce or Jay Cutler???

Pierce will forever be known as a #^#%^ to me lol

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

people are DUMB to think that a professional athlete quit....by nature, these are the most competitive humans on the planet....what makes you think they would just quit????...
situations get the best of people sometimes
p1_moss_randy_si2.jpg

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

people are DUMB to think that a professional athlete quit....by nature, these are the most competitive humans on the planet....what makes you think they would just quit????...
situations get the best of people sometimes
p1_moss_randy_si2.jpg

^ thats a superstar player playing for the most dysfunctional franchise maybe in all of pro sports......you cannot possibly compare the two....

^ thats a superstar player playing for the most dysfunctional franchise maybe in all of pro sports......you cannot possibly compare the two....

Back
Top Bottom