Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by True Blues

Cutler’s defenders miss the point. No one is really questioning Cutler’s toughness. We know he took a beating this season behind a leaky offensive line.

We’re questioning Cutler’s love of the game. A quarterback, a leader, has to love the game.

this

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

If this would've happened to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning it would be a non-issue. The thing is that Cutler isn't the media darling everyone wants him to be, he just doesn't seem to give a %%%% about anything and it pisses people off, but don't question the man's toughness after all he's been through this season and his entire career.

It would be a non-issue because those QB's wouldn't go out like Cutler or do something like this.

If this would've happened to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning it would be a non-issue. The thing is that Cutler isn't the media darling everyone wants him to be, he just doesn't seem to give a %%%% about anything and it pisses people off, but don't question the man's toughness after all he's been through this season and his entire career.

It would be a non-issue because those QB's wouldn't go out like Cutler or do something like this.

Every injury is different.....but I've seen a lot of players play with a torn MCL in games far less important than the NFC championship...at positions that require much more mobility and cutting than QB.
right...because a QB that cant plant and drive due to a torn MCL is going to be accurate, and continue to play as if nothing is wrong,  right??....dumb. He was already inconsistent with his throws BEFORE the injury, so how are you arriving at your implied point that a torn MCL wouldn't affect anything...come on bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

Every injury is different.....but I've seen a lot of players play with a torn MCL in games far less important than the NFC championship...at positions that require much more mobility and cutting than QB.
right...because a QB that cant plant and drive due to a torn MCL is going to be accurate, and continue to play as if nothing is wrong,  right??....dumb. He was already inconsistent with his throws BEFORE the injury, so how are you arriving at your implied point that a torn MCL wouldn't affect anything...come on bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

[h2]Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help[/h2]

Bears 3rd-String QB Caleb Hanie talks about his performance in the Bears NFC Championship loss

Chicago Bears backup quarterback Caleb Hanie is baffled by the criticism aimed at Jay Cutler, who left Sunday's NFC Championship because of a knee injury.

"Iknow Jay, and one thing he's not is a quitter," Hanie said Monday on"The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "What was he, themost-sacked quarterback this year or close to it [Cutler was sacked anNFL-high 52 times]? He just keeps getting back up and going back in.He's not a quitter. You can say whatever you want about him, but he'snot going to quit on his teammates. That's not going to happen."

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bears blog[/h4]
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears

Cutler, who willundergo an MRI on his left knee Monday, said he suffered the injury onthe second-to-last series of the first half. He was replaced by Todd Collinson the Bears' second series of the third quarter. Collins was replacedby Hanie with 57 seconds left in the third quarter and the Bearstrailing 14-0.

A Sun-Times report said that Cutler did indeedsuffer a tear to the MCL of his left knee. The newspaper's unnamedsource did not know the extent of the injury. And the team had notconfirmed the injury or released results of the MRI early Mondayafternoon.

Hanie, who had thrown for a total of 66 yardsin his two seasons in the NFL, completed 13 of 20 passes for 153 yardsand one touchdown. He led the Bears on two scoring drives and guided apotential game-tying drive that ended with an interception in the finalseconds of the Bears' 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Butthe spotlight remains on Cutler, who was shown standing on the sidelinethroughout the rest of the Bears' loss. Even Bears legend Mike Ditkawondered about the injury.

"I don't know if anybody can playthe game when they're not 100 percent or not well," Ditka said on "Mike& Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I can't speak for JayCutler. I can't speak for anybody.

"Myself, I would have had tohave been paralyzed to come out of the game. I don't want to say thatword. I would have had to be completely knocked out to come out of thatfootball game."

His sentiments echoed those of many around the league, often expressed on Twitter.

Hanie believes the backlash is off base.

"I really can't believe it's blown up like it has. It's crazy tome. Knowing Jay personally for over two seasons now, he's one of thetoughest guys you'll meet," Hanie said. "He'll sell out for the team,he'll die for the team. You never once heard him throw anybody underthe bus, never thrown an offensive lineman under the bus, never thrownhis receivers under the bus. There's a lot of times in his career herewhen he could have easily done that, and he always stuck up for themand just commented on his own play.

"He's shown greatleadership throughout his time here in the locker room. People justkind of question that stuff because they see sometimes he might have agrumpy look on his face. But we know him, and we know that he would dieto play. When you can't physically help the team and you're hurting theteam, then everyone realizes it would be better if you sit out."

Cutlerhas also been criticized for his sideline demeanor Sunday, appearing tobe detached from his teammates and the game itself. But Hanie saidCutler was a big help to him.

"He helped me out numeroustimes throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of allhe came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust yourreads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trustthe o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Thenafter we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bitafter that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to thesidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just gotto go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.'So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. Iguess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened."

[h2]Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help[/h2]

Bears 3rd-String QB Caleb Hanie talks about his performance in the Bears NFC Championship loss

Chicago Bears backup quarterback Caleb Hanie is baffled by the criticism aimed at Jay Cutler, who left Sunday's NFC Championship because of a knee injury.

"Iknow Jay, and one thing he's not is a quitter," Hanie said Monday on"The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "What was he, themost-sacked quarterback this year or close to it [Cutler was sacked anNFL-high 52 times]? He just keeps getting back up and going back in.He's not a quitter. You can say whatever you want about him, but he'snot going to quit on his teammates. That's not going to happen."

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bears blog[/h4]
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears

Cutler, who willundergo an MRI on his left knee Monday, said he suffered the injury onthe second-to-last series of the first half. He was replaced by Todd Collinson the Bears' second series of the third quarter. Collins was replacedby Hanie with 57 seconds left in the third quarter and the Bearstrailing 14-0.

A Sun-Times report said that Cutler did indeedsuffer a tear to the MCL of his left knee. The newspaper's unnamedsource did not know the extent of the injury. And the team had notconfirmed the injury or released results of the MRI early Mondayafternoon.

Hanie, who had thrown for a total of 66 yardsin his two seasons in the NFL, completed 13 of 20 passes for 153 yardsand one touchdown. He led the Bears on two scoring drives and guided apotential game-tying drive that ended with an interception in the finalseconds of the Bears' 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Butthe spotlight remains on Cutler, who was shown standing on the sidelinethroughout the rest of the Bears' loss. Even Bears legend Mike Ditkawondered about the injury.

"I don't know if anybody can playthe game when they're not 100 percent or not well," Ditka said on "Mike& Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I can't speak for JayCutler. I can't speak for anybody.

"Myself, I would have had tohave been paralyzed to come out of the game. I don't want to say thatword. I would have had to be completely knocked out to come out of thatfootball game."

His sentiments echoed those of many around the league, often expressed on Twitter.

Hanie believes the backlash is off base.

"I really can't believe it's blown up like it has. It's crazy tome. Knowing Jay personally for over two seasons now, he's one of thetoughest guys you'll meet," Hanie said. "He'll sell out for the team,he'll die for the team. You never once heard him throw anybody underthe bus, never thrown an offensive lineman under the bus, never thrownhis receivers under the bus. There's a lot of times in his career herewhen he could have easily done that, and he always stuck up for themand just commented on his own play.

"He's shown greatleadership throughout his time here in the locker room. People justkind of question that stuff because they see sometimes he might have agrumpy look on his face. But we know him, and we know that he would dieto play. When you can't physically help the team and you're hurting theteam, then everyone realizes it would be better if you sit out."

Cutlerhas also been criticized for his sideline demeanor Sunday, appearing tobe detached from his teammates and the game itself. But Hanie saidCutler was a big help to him.

"He helped me out numeroustimes throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of allhe came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust yourreads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trustthe o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Thenafter we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bitafter that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to thesidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just gotto go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.'So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. Iguess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened."

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

How do you know that? Is it because they show 'fire' on the sidelines? People just say stupid @+%! for the sake of saying it. Not everyone handles injuries the same way and to say that those QBs would have played would have been when there is no proof is just ludicrous. AR sat when he had his concussion, did he want to play, probably, but the doctors told him he couldn't. Brady didn't come back when he blew his knee out and Peyton barely gets injured at all, just a lot of over exaggerated, unfounded garbage.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

How do you know that? Is it because they show 'fire' on the sidelines? People just say stupid @+%! for the sake of saying it. Not everyone handles injuries the same way and to say that those QBs would have played would have been when there is no proof is just ludicrous. AR sat when he had his concussion, did he want to play, probably, but the doctors told him he couldn't. Brady didn't come back when he blew his knee out and Peyton barely gets injured at all, just a lot of over exaggerated, unfounded garbage.

A story written after the game by Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated will do nothing to change that perception of Cutler.

Although Trotter’s portrayal of Cutler is sympathetic — the headline is “Don’t question Cutler’s toughness

A story written after the game by Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated will do nothing to change that perception of Cutler.

Although Trotter’s portrayal of Cutler is sympathetic — the headline is “Don’t question Cutler’s toughness

So much nonsense in this thread...As much as I love sports, I can't consider myself a fanatic cause those are the people who take it as more than a game. The moron's who roast LeBron and expect these guys to die out on the football field. QFT Bjald/Iverson

"They are waiting man.They are waiting.

So much nonsense in this thread...As much as I love sports, I can't consider myself a fanatic cause those are the people who take it as more than a game. The moron's who roast LeBron and expect these guys to die out on the football field. QFT Bjald/Iverson

"They are waiting man.They are waiting.

Many athletes and analysts cannot handle twitter and should never post. They always end up looking foolish

Many athletes and analysts cannot handle twitter and should never post. They always end up looking foolish

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

How do I sound dumb? Nah that's you. Where did I say he should've sucked it up and played on a torn MCL? I didn't. So chill out. I didn't imply anything. I pointed out a fact.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

How do I sound dumb? Nah that's you. Where did I say he should've sucked it up and played on a torn MCL? I didn't. So chill out. I didn't imply anything. I pointed out a fact.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This is what happens when you aren't what the media/fans want you to be. Allen Iverson said it best, "They are waiting man, they are waiting..."

30t6p3b.gif

This is what happens when you aren't what the media/fans want you to be. Allen Iverson said it best, "They are waiting man, they are waiting..."

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
We want them to care about the same things in the way we do, but when sports is your job its a different animal.  That doesn't mean they don't try hard but its not life or death with them like it is for sports fanatics.  They have lives themselves and to expect them to had this perverse sacrifice for our benefit is so ##*#*## stupid.

30t6p3b.gif
We want them to care about the same things in the way we do, but when sports is your job its a different animal.  That doesn't mean they don't try hard but its not life or death with them like it is for sports fanatics.  They have lives themselves and to expect them to had this perverse sacrifice for our benefit is so ##*#*## stupid.

Back
Top Bottom