Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Sensitive NTers...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Every injury is different.....but I've seen a lot of players play with a torn MCL in games far less important than the NFC championship...at positions that require much more mobility and cutting than QB.
right...because a QB that cant plant and drive due to a torn MCL is going to be accurate, and continue to play as if nothing is wrong,  right??....dumb. He was already inconsistent with his throws BEFORE the injury, so how are you arriving at your implied point that a torn MCL wouldn't affect anything...come on bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

How do I sound dumb? Nah that's you. Where did I say he should've sucked it up and played on a torn MCL? I didn't. So chill out. I didn't imply anything. I pointed out a fact.
You don't sound dumb, but not every knee injury is the same grade of tear for one. Secondly, the only way you can play on a torn ligament like that is if the muscles surrounding it are strong enough that they can compensate and the knee is still stable enough. For example, Darren Evans tore his ACL in practice once and when the medical staff evaluated him they didn't diagnose it because his leg muscles were so strong that the stability was still pretty good. The next day in practice he made a simple cut and it completely gave out and he hurt it even worse. My guess is that Jay Cutler probably doesn't have supremely strong leg muscles surrounding his knee like many skill position players would and it wasn't stable enough for him to plant and throw. 

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Every injury is different.....but I've seen a lot of players play with a torn MCL in games far less important than the NFC championship...at positions that require much more mobility and cutting than QB.
right...because a QB that cant plant and drive due to a torn MCL is going to be accurate, and continue to play as if nothing is wrong,  right??....dumb. He was already inconsistent with his throws BEFORE the injury, so how are you arriving at your implied point that a torn MCL wouldn't affect anything...come on bro
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you just sound dumb.

How do I sound dumb? Nah that's you. Where did I say he should've sucked it up and played on a torn MCL? I didn't. So chill out. I didn't imply anything. I pointed out a fact.
You don't sound dumb, but not every knee injury is the same grade of tear for one. Secondly, the only way you can play on a torn ligament like that is if the muscles surrounding it are strong enough that they can compensate and the knee is still stable enough. For example, Darren Evans tore his ACL in practice once and when the medical staff evaluated him they didn't diagnose it because his leg muscles were so strong that the stability was still pretty good. The next day in practice he made a simple cut and it completely gave out and he hurt it even worse. My guess is that Jay Cutler probably doesn't have supremely strong leg muscles surrounding his knee like many skill position players would and it wasn't stable enough for him to plant and throw. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

you're confusing throwing picks and critiquing Cutlers "game" for his toughness...

because if anything about Cutler you cant harp on, its his toughness.

He plays with Diabetes for one, takes sacks like nothing and keeps going. and isnt gun shy like David Carr was after him taking all those sacks.

that @$%+ u typed makes Zero sense, because throwing Picks has nothing to do with him picking himself f off the turf and being out there every other game/series/play prior to this injury

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.
People ssee what they want to see, and the only reason this is so easily talked about is because ppl already dislike Cutler for his mistakes on the field and for the fact he doesnt kiss the media's @$#.

i'm just gonna keep quoting gunna for those that seem to be missing it.

cuz a lot of you sound dumb.

you're confusing throwing picks and critiquing Cutlers "game" for his toughness...

He plays with Diabetes for one, takes sacks like nothing and keeps going. and isnt gun shy like David Carr was after him taking all those sacks.

that @$%+ u typed makes Zero sense, because throwing Picks has nothing to do with him picking himself f off the turf and being out there every other game/series/play prior to this injury

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.
People ssee what they want to see, and the only reason this is so easily talked about is because ppl already dislike Cutler for his mistakes on the field and for the fact he doesnt kiss the media's @$#.

cuz a lot of you sound dumb.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.

and why shouldn't you, when in doubt...
laugh.gif

nah seriously tho...
theres basically three groups, or so
1) cutler's performance/actions were fine
2) injury or no injury, dude always was and is a guy that lacks leadership and heart.
3) he's a flat out pansy

i'm in #2...i think we saw it again even prior to the injury.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

pimp.gif
  Kev . exactly.

and why shouldn't you, when in doubt...
laugh.gif

nah seriously tho...
theres basically three groups, or so
1) cutler's performance/actions were fine
2) injury or no injury, dude always was and is a guy that lacks leadership and heart.
3) he's a flat out pansy

i'm in #2...i think we saw it again even prior to the injury.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Reports from the team says it was a torn MCL
if that report is true then people all over should shut the +$*@ up and publicly apologize.

stupid mother +$*@ ers ... commenting on another man's injury w/o no knowledge of the severity.

CLOWNS
I just think it is outright disrespect and unfair to question another person's injury severity. Unless you are THAT person, you don't know what they are going through. It is easy for us or anyone else to say he quit but we don't know. It is cool to just jump on the trend of bashing him because everyone else is doing it. But that isn't cool man. Not at all.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Reports from the team says it was a torn MCL
if that report is true then people all over should shut the +$*@ up and publicly apologize.

stupid mother +$*@ ers ... commenting on another man's injury w/o no knowledge of the severity.

CLOWNS
I just think it is outright disrespect and unfair to question another person's injury severity. Unless you are THAT person, you don't know what they are going through. It is easy for us or anyone else to say he quit but we don't know. It is cool to just jump on the trend of bashing him because everyone else is doing it. But that isn't cool man. Not at all.

Bears press conference. Lovie is addressing the guys criticizing Jay Cutler.

"jay is tough no question about it"

" Jay wanted to go back in but the trainers and doctors wouldn't clear him to"

What else Jay haters?

Bears press conference. Lovie is addressing the guys criticizing Jay Cutler.

"jay is tough no question about it"

" Jay wanted to go back in but the trainers and doctors wouldn't clear him to"

What else Jay haters?

MCL sprain.

Regardless of the severity of his injury or perhaps a lack thereof, the Bears organization was going to protect their quarterback and investment. I don't know why anyone would be surprised for reports of his injury to be anything but severe.

MCL sprain.

Regardless of the severity of his injury or perhaps a lack thereof, the Bears organization was going to protect their quarterback and investment. I don't know why anyone would be surprised for reports of his injury to be anything but severe.

Jay Cutler's demeanor isn't that of a Ray Lewis or Ultimate Warrior. He looks calm and collective at all times. This is why people question how much he cares. Everyone doesn't have that hyped personality. I am sure he cares, he just has a laid back temperament. Again, unfair for us to judge how much he cares based on that. But again it is easy for us to jump on him.

Jay Cutler's demeanor isn't that of a Ray Lewis or Ultimate Warrior. He looks calm and collective at all times. This is why people question how much he cares. Everyone doesn't have that hyped personality. I am sure he cares, he just has a laid back temperament. Again, unfair for us to judge how much he cares based on that. But again it is easy for us to jump on him.

Back
Top Bottom