Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by air max 87

If cutler and the bears say he was too hurt, we should believe them, point blank it shouldnt be a question.

what up sets me more than the media outlets and random fans coming out the woodwork is his fellow NFL players coming out of pocket and talking !#%% on him. Guys who have no business or understanding about the situation at hand just talking wild reckless for no reason. I always thought the NFL was tight brotherhood and you have these dudes talking reckless
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
even more so dudes sitting at home not even playing anymore, MJD and Morrison should be worrying about their team and players rather then coming out of left field on something that doesnt concern them.

Heat of the moment man. 

Originally Posted by air max 87

If cutler and the bears say he was too hurt, we should believe them, point blank it shouldnt be a question.

what up sets me more than the media outlets and random fans coming out the woodwork is his fellow NFL players coming out of pocket and talking !#%% on him. Guys who have no business or understanding about the situation at hand just talking wild reckless for no reason. I always thought the NFL was tight brotherhood and you have these dudes talking reckless
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
even more so dudes sitting at home not even playing anymore, MJD and Morrison should be worrying about their team and players rather then coming out of left field on something that doesnt concern them.

Heat of the moment man. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Reports from the team says it was a torn MCL
if that report is true then people all over should shut the +$*@ up and publicly apologize.

stupid mother +$*@ ers ... commenting on another man's injury w/o no knowledge of the severity.

CLOWNS

That pretty much sums it up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Reports from the team says it was a torn MCL
if that report is true then people all over should shut the +$*@ up and publicly apologize.

stupid mother +$*@ ers ... commenting on another man's injury w/o no knowledge of the severity.

CLOWNS

That pretty much sums it up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Jay Cutler's demeanor isn't that of a Ray Lewis or Ultimate Warrior. He looks calm and collective at all times. This is why people question how much he cares. Everyone doesn't have that hyped personality. I am sure he cares, he just has a laid back temperament. Again, unfair for us to judge how much he cares based on that. But again it is easy for us to jump on him.

What does being laid back have to do with sitting on the bench sulking and looking disinterested while your team is out there fighting? What does laid back have to do with you chilling on the bench while your backup is out there struggling and you could be up and trying to help him over go over plays and point out things for him?

Being nonchalant and having a calm demeanor has nothing to do with a complete lack of leadership ability and support for your teammates.
So what should he have been doing on the sidelines then? Answer that for me please?

And for your 2nd comment. This was said by Heine.
"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Then after we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bit after that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to the sidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just got to go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.' So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. I guess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened
So I don't know what you are speaking of when yu said he should be over there helping his backup. Because you didn't see it on CAMERA must mean it didn't happen right.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Jay Cutler's demeanor isn't that of a Ray Lewis or Ultimate Warrior. He looks calm and collective at all times. This is why people question how much he cares. Everyone doesn't have that hyped personality. I am sure he cares, he just has a laid back temperament. Again, unfair for us to judge how much he cares based on that. But again it is easy for us to jump on him.

What does being laid back have to do with sitting on the bench sulking and looking disinterested while your team is out there fighting? What does laid back have to do with you chilling on the bench while your backup is out there struggling and you could be up and trying to help him over go over plays and point out things for him?

Being nonchalant and having a calm demeanor has nothing to do with a complete lack of leadership ability and support for your teammates.
So what should he have been doing on the sidelines then? Answer that for me please?

And for your 2nd comment. This was said by Heine.
"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Then after we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bit after that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to the sidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just got to go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.' So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. I guess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened
So I don't know what you are speaking of when yu said he should be over there helping his backup. Because you didn't see it on CAMERA must mean it didn't happen right.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I didn't read throughout the thread, but I was heated that he was quitting on us before he even got injured.

MENTALLY, Jay Cutler was NOT there ... just because they scored it was the end of the world to him.

Horrible plays, just throwing the ball, NO ENERGY. Then he STANDS on the sidelines & just stares into space.

Didn't even cheer his team on ... that's the part that pissed me off.
Agreed.  He quit, even if he did have an injury.  He should have been over there either receiving treatment and or up on the sidelines with a headset coaching up Hanie and giving him advice when he went to the sidelines.  Instead he sat on the bench and looked disinterested in the game.  If I was a player that isn't the type of person I would want running my team.

MrONegative wrote:
He woulda been better off if he was more like Brett Favre. Not the 'play through anything' Brett Favre, but the 'put on a show by any means' Brett Favre.

He should've been on the ground screaming in pain. He never should've left the trainer's room. Or he should've come back in the game, did a show of how hurt he is and then leave. Or he should've come back with crutches, leak a 5-minute diagnosis during the game and milked the injury for everything it's worth. Tell em, coach and the doctors said they wouldn't let him back on the field.

Funny I was just telling my man the same thing. I said he should have went out, played one more down, and went down and just ACTED like he couldn't get up and walk. Just put on a show because anything short of that and people will be quesitoning his heart.
laugh.gif

MrONegative wrote:
He woulda been better off if he was more like Brett Favre. Not the 'play through anything' Brett Favre, but the 'put on a show by any means' Brett Favre.

He should've been on the ground screaming in pain. He never should've left the trainer's room. Or he should've come back in the game, did a show of how hurt he is and then leave. Or he should've come back with crutches, leak a 5-minute diagnosis during the game and milked the injury for everything it's worth. Tell em, coach and the doctors said they wouldn't let him back on the field.

Funny I was just telling my man the same thing. I said he should have went out, played one more down, and went down and just ACTED like he couldn't get up and walk. Just put on a show because anything short of that and people will be quesitoning his heart.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I didn't read throughout the thread, but I was heated that he was quitting on us before he even got injured.

MENTALLY, Jay Cutler was NOT there ... just because they scored it was the end of the world to him.

Horrible plays, just throwing the ball, NO ENERGY. Then he STANDS on the sidelines & just stares into space.

Didn't even cheer his team on ... that's the part that pissed me off.
Agreed.  He quit, even if he did have an injury.  He should have been over there either receiving treatment and or up on the sidelines with a headset coaching up Hanie and giving him advice when he went to the sidelines.  Instead he sat on the bench and looked disinterested in the game.  If I was a player that isn't the type of person I would want running my team.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Again, because you didn't SEE him doing it means he didn't do it? Do you know how LITTE camera time Jay Cutler had compared to the actual GAME? A very small percentage. So based on that we didn't see each and every thing he did so how in the world do we know what he was doing and how much he was speaking to his backup? Just in case you didn't see it.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Again, because you didn't SEE him doing it means he didn't do it? Do you know how LITTE camera time Jay Cutler had compared to the actual GAME? A very small percentage. So based on that we didn't see each and every thing he did so how in the world do we know what he was doing and how much he was speaking to his backup? Just in case you didn't see it.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

You know you watch too much ESPN when you base how good a QB is by his emotions.... smh
laugh.gif
would you prefer his ability to win games?

whoever just said that even before the injury, he wasn't "there" nailed it.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

You know you watch too much ESPN when you base how good a QB is by his emotions.... smh
laugh.gif
would you prefer his ability to win games?

whoever just said that even before the injury, he wasn't "there" nailed it.

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

just from yesterday. after stalled drives or the INT...what's he do? grabs his parka and sits down. how bout you take a look at what the defense just threw at you? kinda like hanie was doing in the 4th quarter. how bout you go talk to the OC for more than 10 seconds? how but you get your team fired up and focused...i mean i know it's only the season and a trip to the SB on the line, but hey, why not at least try and get your offense fired up? there was NOTHING there.

as a QB, teammates look to you to lead. body language and demeanor do a lot. his lack of emotion and nonchalant-ness may not hurt the team, but it's sure not helping at the same time.

just from yesterday. after stalled drives or the INT...what's he do? grabs his parka and sits down. how bout you take a look at what the defense just threw at you? kinda like hanie was doing in the 4th quarter. how bout you go talk to the OC for more than 10 seconds? how but you get your team fired up and focused...i mean i know it's only the season and a trip to the SB on the line, but hey, why not at least try and get your offense fired up? there was NOTHING there.

as a QB, teammates look to you to lead. body language and demeanor do a lot. his lack of emotion and nonchalant-ness may not hurt the team, but it's sure not helping at the same time.

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

You're definitely not going to get any good answers to that one Nako
laugh.gif

To an extent, I can't fault Bears fans for going off on him in the game thread/in Chicago because it's a highly emotional game and you know people let their emotions get the best of them during NFL games especially playoff games. Doesn't excuse it at all, though.

Back
Top Bottom