Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

You're definitely not going to get any good answers to that one Nako
laugh.gif

To an extent, I can't fault Bears fans for going off on him in the game thread/in Chicago because it's a highly emotional game and you know people let their emotions get the best of them during NFL games especially playoff games. Doesn't excuse it at all, though.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

Well said man. Well said.

I am not speaking on his leadership capabilities nor his talent level. I am strictly speaking on the disrespectful nature that his fellow players (fraternity) displayed via Twitter. I just think it is foul how people went about expressing their views about the man. I would NEVER, NEVER question another man's injury status. Never. We don't know what that man is feeling. But as I said, it is easy for us to question it. It is easy to do that. It is not easy to say, "Ok this man has a wife and kids at home and family members, maybe we shouldn't go out of our way to call him out like that." I just think it is inhumane.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

Forget the side effects, a real warrior would deal with that later
eyes.gif
(sarcasm)

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just out of curiosity to all of those questioning Cutler's mental and physical toughness... Considering he's missed one start in his NFL career (and I'm pretty sure never missed one in college - Wiz correct me if I'm wrong), spent most of that time playing with undiagnosed and untreated diabetes, and in markets that for the most part never warmed to or accepted him... yet still showed up week in and week out... how is he a quitter?

What has he done that shows you he was never mentally tough or that he didn't care? I see that being spewed all over this thread yet no one -- and we're 13 pages in -- has been able to give a specific instance that led them to this conclusion. All I'm seeing is "you can tell by his body language." Oh really? I'm not even going to draw comparisons to other athletes.

I just want you to sit and really think about how foolish the idea that a players facial expression is somehow a good gauge of his playing ability or will to win.

Really think about it.

Well said man. Well said.

I am not speaking on his leadership capabilities nor his talent level. I am strictly speaking on the disrespectful nature that his fellow players (fraternity) displayed via Twitter. I just think it is foul how people went about expressing their views about the man. I would NEVER, NEVER question another man's injury status. Never. We don't know what that man is feeling. But as I said, it is easy for us to question it. It is easy to do that. It is not easy to say, "Ok this man has a wife and kids at home and family members, maybe we shouldn't go out of our way to call him out like that." I just think it is inhumane.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

How can people base his sideline actions off TWO times Fox cut to him? He was coaching Hanie and helping him out. He can't receive a cortisone shot, like Rivers did or other players do. He's a diabetic. Serious side affects...

Forget the side effects, a real warrior would deal with that later
eyes.gif
(sarcasm)

Now that all the facts are out, Cutler was receiving unjust criticism. Some people just have higher pain threshold than others.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

If it's a sprain, the only thing holding me back from questioning his toughness and resolve is the fact it was on his plant leg.

Even then, it's questionable. He hardly ever does a normal drop back anyway. He can definitely get away with the back pedal he's known for.

And the only true reason I can say this is because I had the same exact injury, just on my left leg.

Think about what you're saying for one moment. He can get away with the back pedal?
He was playing terrible before the injury, because he was throwing off balance off his back foot. Balls landing two feet in front of their intended receivers.
Overthrowing open guys and you want him to play with a tear/sprain in his knee because his 6-14 was "acceptable". His performance didn't put his team
in a position to win and to think his play would IMPROVE somehow with a lack of stability in his planting knee, is borderline ridiculous. I could understand not liking
the guy, but people just piled on unnecessarily.

And for the fools talking about Rivers, didn't he throwing 2 picks with a 40 something QB rating that game? Not exactly something to be proud of. Maybe
he should have sat out too.

Now that all the facts are out, Cutler was receiving unjust criticism. Some people just have higher pain threshold than others.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

If it's a sprain, the only thing holding me back from questioning his toughness and resolve is the fact it was on his plant leg.

Even then, it's questionable. He hardly ever does a normal drop back anyway. He can definitely get away with the back pedal he's known for.

And the only true reason I can say this is because I had the same exact injury, just on my left leg.

Think about what you're saying for one moment. He can get away with the back pedal?
He was playing terrible before the injury, because he was throwing off balance off his back foot. Balls landing two feet in front of their intended receivers.
Overthrowing open guys and you want him to play with a tear/sprain in his knee because his 6-14 was "acceptable". His performance didn't put his team
in a position to win and to think his play would IMPROVE somehow with a lack of stability in his planting knee, is borderline ridiculous. I could understand not liking
the guy, but people just piled on unnecessarily.

And for the fools talking about Rivers, didn't he throwing 2 picks with a 40 something QB rating that game? Not exactly something to be proud of. Maybe
he should have sat out too.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

But you can only determine threshold when the same about of force, pain, or pressure is being used. We do not know how much pain he endured. Two different people having MCL sprains doesn't mean the same amount of pain is present. So why people keep saying, " ____ played with a sprained MCL is proof that he could have played." No it doesn't prove that.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

But you can only determine threshold when the same about of force, pain, or pressure is being used. We do not know how much pain he endured. Two different people having MCL sprains doesn't mean the same amount of pain is present. So why people keep saying, " ____ played with a sprained MCL is proof that he could have played." No it doesn't prove that.

Trainers and medical staff wouldn't clear cutler, so that's cutler's fault? He quit on that aspect too?

And should Fox devote their cameramen to focus on Jay on the sideline more than what goes on the field? Some people are really dumb

Trainers and medical staff wouldn't clear cutler, so that's cutler's fault? He quit on that aspect too?

And should Fox devote their cameramen to focus on Jay on the sideline more than what goes on the field? Some people are really dumb

people like darnell dockett need to chill out with his rants on twitter. he is just always talking smack about other players.

who knows how cutler is really feeling. its his body, we dont know what is going on. which profesional athelthe does not want to go out and compete and help his team win???? especially in the NFC championship.

i seriously hate the athlethes that were calling him out esp on twitter. SMH

people like darnell dockett need to chill out with his rants on twitter. he is just always talking smack about other players.

who knows how cutler is really feeling. its his body, we dont know what is going on. which profesional athelthe does not want to go out and compete and help his team win???? especially in the NFC championship.

i seriously hate the athlethes that were calling him out esp on twitter. SMH

you guys have to understand when opinions were given and why.

When Jay first got injured there were many conflicting stories by the commentators based on information (and lack thereof).

none of us lnew what happened, neither did Cutler. "I don't know when it happened."

To Bears fans and fans of the game, AT THE TIME, were confused.

When Jay first got injured there were many conflicting stories by the commentators based on information (and lack thereof).

none of us lnew what happened, neither did Cutler. "I don't know when it happened."

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I understand when and why people were so EMOTIONAL (issue I have). Which is why I think folks should wait until the emotions are removed/calmed down before they start babbling off at the mouth. That is all I am saying. Calm down and shut your damn mouth (not you) before you speak on a subject you have NO IDEA of.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I understand when and why people were so EMOTIONAL (issue I have). Which is why I think folks should wait until the emotions are removed/calmed down before they start babbling off at the mouth. That is all I am saying. Calm down and shut your damn mouth (not you) before you speak on a subject you have NO IDEA of.

As much as I am in support of Cutler, I hope he learns from this and tries to be a better leader by his actions/gestures.

As much as I am in support of Cutler, I hope he learns from this and tries to be a better leader by his actions/gestures.

Back
Top Bottom