Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Reports from the team says it was a torn MCL
if that report is true then people all over should shut the +$*@ up and publicly apologize.

stupid mother +$*@ ers ... commenting on another man's injury w/o no knowledge of the severity.

CLOWNS

/thread

" NFL players talk about playing hurt as if it's some great attribute. It's not. It's stupidity."

wow... that's a mighty dumb thing to say.

" NFL players talk about playing hurt as if it's some great attribute. It's not. It's stupidity."

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif

So deciding to potentially further the damage done and possibly end your career is a good idea? 

laugh.gif

So deciding to potentially further the damage done and possibly end your career is a good idea? 

KLJ, you can't honestly defend Jay Cutler's mental makeup. Okay we all know he can make all the throws and has a big live arm, but that comes with inconsistency and bad habits (like throwing off his back foot). Did Cutler honestly look like a franchise QB with heart and leadership? Absolutely not, his body language was TERRIBLE all game long. He was aloof as usual and didn't seem available or helpful for Collins/Hanie. If you couldn't play due to serious injury wouldn't you at least want to help the replacement as much as possible to help the team advance against a major division rival to the Super Bowl? 

KLJ, you can't honestly defend Jay Cutler's mental makeup. Okay we all know he can make all the throws and has a big live arm, but that comes with inconsistency and bad habits (like throwing off his back foot). Did Cutler honestly look like a franchise QB with heart and leadership? Absolutely not, his body language was TERRIBLE all game long. He was aloof as usual and didn't seem available or helpful for Collins/Hanie. If you couldn't play due to serious injury wouldn't you at least want to help the replacement as much as possible to help the team advance against a major division rival to the Super Bowl? 

i recall he took a beating vs the giants and stood in there. i dont really question his toughness, maybe he could have been cheering and what not. why would he quit on his team? it was 14-0, it wasn't like it was a blowout and he said "F it."

i recall he took a beating vs the giants and stood in there. i dont really question his toughness, maybe he could have been cheering and what not. why would he quit on his team? it was 14-0, it wasn't like it was a blowout and he said "F it."

players are payed to play. not worry about the rest of their career. he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

i guess Willis Reed and curt shilling should have sat out. just worry about the rest of their careers.

players are payed to play. not worry about the rest of their career. he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

i guess Willis Reed and curt shilling should have sat out. just worry about the rest of their careers.

one of the absolute dumbest post i've seen on the S&T forum. Now I know why I steer away from here....
30t6p3b.gif

one of the absolute dumbest post i've seen on the S&T forum. Now I know why I steer away from here....
30t6p3b.gif

schilling's an interesting one, because he already had reached and won a WS. plus he was nearing the end of his career. but yeah...warrior mentality.

in the end, if its a torn mcl, i don't blame the guy for sitting down. but injury or no injury...that first half performance was awful.

schilling's an interesting one, because he already had reached and won a WS. plus he was nearing the end of his career. but yeah...warrior mentality.

in the end, if its a torn mcl, i don't blame the guy for sitting down. but injury or no injury...that first half performance was awful.

Come on G...I'm not even a fan of Cutler..but did you really try to compare those injuries to a possible torn ligament in the knee?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Come on G...I'm not even a fan of Cutler..but did you really try to compare those injuries to a possible torn ligament in the knee?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DubA169 wrote: he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

I won't say he should play through any injury...but for all appearances purposes.. it seemed he lacked any desire to support his team or win the game... it was just questionable.. I wouldn't say people are foolish for calling him a quitter.. but at the same time.. its not so clear.cut as hey, he did the right thing.

DubA169 wrote: he may never get this close to a super bowl again. nothing is guaranteed in football.

I won't say he should play through any injury...but for all appearances purposes.. it seemed he lacked any desire to support his team or win the game... it was just questionable.. I wouldn't say people are foolish for calling him a quitter.. but at the same time.. its not so clear.cut as hey, he did the right thing.

Hard to play when you're injured. You name two examples out of thousands, perhaps millions of players who were injured - great sample size. They are a rare exception.
And people still ignoring the fact THAT JAY DID NOT MAKE THE DECISION TO SIT. IT WAS THE TRAINERS. He couldn't do jack. 

Willis Reed didn't even do anything...
laugh.gif
Dude hit 2 wide-open jumpers and sat on the bench for the rest of the game. Clyde Frazier WON that game. WHY didn't Willis Reed come back in the game he was injured? It was the freakin' Finals, right? Against Wilt too!!! He's a damn lame and fraud for that.
30t6p3b.gif

Curt Shilling had the benefit of pseudo-surgery before G6 (suturing process to reconnect tendons, IIRC).

The mythology of sports
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom