Difference between Microsoft Word and Microsoft Works?

I've been wondering, what's the difference between the 2? What can you do on Word that you can't do on Works, and vice versa?

^Yes, and is a watered down version of Word.
laugh.gif

If you're thinking of using Works b/c you don't want to pay for Word/ MS Office, just get Open Office from openoffice.org. It's basically identical to all of the MS programs, and it's free. Just a word of cautionthough... you'll have to change the default file format to save it in an Office compatible format. Otherwise, the whole suite of programs works great!

Edit: if you want something even better, use Google Docs. It's also free and it's automatically saved on Google so you can access it anywhere.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

If you're thinking of using Works b/c you don't want to pay for Word/ MS Office, just get Open Office from openoffice.org. It's basically identical to all of the MS programs, and it's free. Just a word of caution though... you'll have to change the default file format to save it in an Office compatible format. Otherwise, the whole suite of programs works great!

Edit: if you want something even better, use Google Docs. It's also free and it's automatically saved on Google so you can access it anywhere.
Yeah, I want to use it in the meantime. Thanks for the info.
pimp.gif

MS Office 2010 drops next summer (look at me talking about it like a rap album) and one possibility is that it will be free to everyone but users will have topay subscription fees for being able to use advanced features like Sharepoint which are expected to explode. For the casual user like most of you guys it meansnothing but it marks a potentially giant shake up in the industry predicated by things like open office and Google Docs specifically.

Cloud computing and subscriptions might be the future.

Back
Top Bottom