difference between posing and spending ...up

lurked for a while.......(hi).... wanted to pose this question to niketalk members because of the dressing better thread/post your car thread.....this is in no way and attack on anyone, just trying to clarify what the diff is.

to me, posing means making oneself out to look like something/someone you are not. the dictionary deff. im talking about is 

To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is.

and/or

A studied attitude assumed for effect.

so if someone buys mostly brand name clothing/ cars/ accesories when they sincerely cannot afford it.....wouldnt tht make them a poser?.......because it is not really YOU. this could come off as a dumb question, its just a question i want answered tho. 
ohwell.gif
 any true attempt at it is appreciated.

Not sure why this is in sports and training but i really don't care to know if some can afford something or not. Its not really my business nor do i want someone counting my dollars. If people like name brand clothes and the newest car that is there choice. if they want that and still living in the hood then hey more power to them but i need more for myself. I enjoy wearing name brand clothes and i would love a new car but i have other things in life that are more important than deprecating assets. Most people young people today live with a YOLO mentality but i want to make sure my kids when i have them have the best opportunity to do whatever it is they want to do in life and living in the projects with gucci and LV with a new BMW down stairs is not the most efficient way to go about doing that.

U have posted this in the wrong forum

Hopefully Mods move it because it sounds interesting

People can do whatever they want with their money (or credit).  If they chose to spend it on nice clothes or a car then it's their decision.  Even if it's not a sound financial decision that does not mean they are a poser IMO. 

if this is an answer or example you were looking for i have a lv belt and wallet and drive a 98' ford explorer with windows that dont roll down and a front passenger door that doesnt open from the inside.

How can you buy the clothes if you can't afford them?

And its posing if someone believes whatever they want and its not true. I really would not give a **** if someone "thinks" Im 'trying' to be someone Im not. In this world there are many things to worry about. Different aspects of life affect different individuals day in and day out. If my clothes affects another persons thoughts and energy I really don't care cause Im busy doing what I do.

Why you looking at me? Look at TV

nomsaying

Back
Top Bottom