Different Playoff VIII's in XXL Magazine..

I was just skimming through XXL and in the back where they usually have 3-4 new shoes for whatever month or two is coming up, I noticed something very interesting.

They had the playoff VIII's and you can CLEARLY see some major differences between the shoe they have, and the shoe we've been seeing via air-randy.com, marqueesole.com, nicekicks.com,etc.

The two things most noticeable to me with the midsole and the side/heel part where the collage of colors are.

On the pictures we've been seeing of the "finished product", the midsole is a darkish gray, with the heel part being very distinct black lines, with a little red and a majority white.

However, on the XXL shoe, the midsole was a much darker color, almost black, and the heel part was a mixture of the red, black and white, just like on the Aqua's.

My question is this... since the shoe XXL has is obviously sent to them for advertising purposes, more than likely from JB themselves, wouldn't that make it the ACTUAL shoe.

I'm not calling wolf ticket's on anyone, but I was also told by the Jordan Brand rep who services our store that there is no way that FSR of Playoff's would be floating around right now, (this was two weeks ago) and that they would be going into production about 1-2 months before release, so at the earliest, end of Oct.

Can anyone confirm any of this? Also, I don't have a scanner, otherwise I would have scanned the picture of the XXL shoe. I know one of you has that magazine and the picture.
teambatman​

A pic would help
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

Quote:
Also, I don't have a scanner, otherwise I would have scanned the picture of the XXL shoe. I know one of you has that magazine and the picture
teambatman​

Your JB rep doesn't know what he's talking about most likely then, because I'm fairly certain that the shoes go into production at least 3 months in advance, which would mean they've just about finished up on them around now. Hell, PYS regularly has shoes up 2-3 weeks before RD at higher than MSRP.

Never go by what a magazine ad shows, word to the JB x Fakes ad circa '05
Check out the video for "Starlite"Ink is My Drink. Hip-Hop Ain't Dead Yet...

doyung9, my bad. Damn fake ads.
MIAMI HEAT

"A sneakerhead could buy sneakers from sun up to sun down and his/her collection may never be complete".

Quote:
Your JB rep doesn't know what he's talking about most likely then, because I'm fairly certain that the shoes go into production at least 3 months in advance, which would mean they've just about finished up on them around now. Hell, PYS regularly has shoes up 2-3 weeks before RD at higher than MSRP
teambatman​

Quote:
they've just about finished up on them around now

^the end is near
tongue.gif
let the COUNTDOWN begins
wink.gif

Zoom BB PEs, Doernbecher AJII, XV LS Laser, AJ Force Mid, Playoff VIIIs, Cement Spiz'ike, & more...

i posted this same exact question in the "first look: Playoff VIII" post reference page 16 and noone ever answered my question!!

it takes a new thread to get a question answered around here?
i used to sell rocks for a pair of air jordans/but i still flip blocks for that jordan money

Well, eastbay sometimes has the wrong pic up, like with the cool grey 3s. And NDC have pics of a white and black jordan 4 at the time of the release. So I wouldn't be to worried about the pic in the back of XXL
this week he's moppin' floors next week its the fries

damn im curious, i want a pic
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Just like when you see Sample versions of the shoes on Eastbay or any other site.... Jordan Brand sends these companies samples in advance. As you know sometimes these shoes are totally different from the released version.

^^Ya I'm pretty sure the pics we've seen courtesy air-randy are the ones being released.

TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"Respect the Star"

I like the ones in the pic.....^^^^^
--TEAM STOP SNITCHIN--OG MEMBER #1--

I gotta shoe fettish I be in shoe city every week fifty pairs of new nike airs aint cheap..

correct, the shoe was revealed in 85 while the brand was revealed in late 97...shoe does not equal brand.

i can admit when i make a mistake...my B...you live and learn :wow:
embarassed.gif

"Even If I Aint Good Lookin You Can Bet My Chick Is"

thank god those are not releasing on the 22nd please jb dont mess up my first pair of j's i ever got back in 93

"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

Back
Top Bottom