Different Playoff VIII's in XXL Magazine..

Quote:
jb dont mess up my first pair of j's i ever got back in 93
:frown:
frown.gif
Authentic Air Jordans and Nikeswww.allthingsjordan.comwww.allthingsnike.com

^^^ i hope after the packages drop the retro's will be done for why keep producing them enough is enough

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
Detroit Pistons​

i would've made a post bout it weeks ago..but since i already knew these would never see da light of day i ain't care....

team platano/BLACKMARKET
check out da myspace
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

i thought production took place like 6 months before? especially for a shoe that's gonna be a widely available GR - not to mention the annual Xmas black/red.

and when i met XXL's fashion editor at MSG (he was rocking the Steel X retroes like 4 months early), he just gets boxes shipped to him from Nike.. doesn't even know what's coming, just gets a big box, opens it, and rocks the shoes. must be nice. (too bad his size is a LOT smaller than mine).

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
well isnt that photo posted which i assume is the one in the magazine a DRAWING as opposed to a photo? if its a photo mayhemgatz took a blurry photo haha

im sayin right ? that's clearly a drawing ...
TEAM RICK ASTLEY
Team 9geria
The Lagos Chapter ...

Quote:
i thought production took place like 6 months before? especially for a shoe that's gonna be a widely available GR - not to mention the annual Xmas black/red.

Yup thats true shoes go into production 6 months befoe. just check the production date on all your shoes. There are usually two dates. I believe the first one is when the shoe was actually made and the second one is when it was shipped. Therefore your source cant be credible.
Dream Like You'll Live Forever, But Live Like You'll Die Tomorrow!

I'd rather have the product we've been seeing that is truer to the OG.
Team PhD.

its beginning and end.

it was just a question, I'm glad it's cleared up.
teambatman​

Quote:
mayhemgatz took a blurry photo haha

not my product dude, a friend took a pic of the magazine he had with his sidekick(some of you gotta know how @#%$ that camera is) and the picture of the shoe isn't a drawing it's an actual shoe(prolly fake or a sample like someone else said)
"The Retro Died in 2001..."

Ya I actually peeped that pic today at the bookstore. It's definitely not a drawing. Let's just say I hope the pictures previously released are the ones actually dropping in Dec.

TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"Respect the Star"

Quote:
Those aint even bad, like em

I agree, and actually like those VIIIs.

But, I think this our best chance to get as close to an OG model we've had in a long while. The sample models look really nice and precise, so hopefully Jordan will release the previously viewed samples

That picture is clearly not a drawing. It's a slightly out of focus photograph.

The only two differences on these are:

1. The pattern on the heel counter looks more like the one on the white/red-black OG and retro except the colors are different.
2. The midsole is possibly black but it may be the lighting.

Whilst the back part looks like a lighter grey it is just due to being very strongly lit from below and behind. If you look just above the center of the plastic heel counter you can see that the material there is black like the front of the shoe and that same piece of material wraps around and up the back where the ridges are. Also you can see the material at the top of the toe box where the tongue ends is black and that wraps up along the lace holes to the back as well. So it's not a lighter color, it is just reflecting more light.

Regarding the midsole, the correct color is a dark grey and it is painted. So being smooth, it may simply be that all the light is reflecting at a shallow angle from the light at the rear so all going towards the front of the shoe. Not much light would scatter towards us. The outsole has a texture to the surface and is a matt material, not shiny, so it scatters a lot of light and more comes towards the viewer and makes the outsole look lighter. So taking that into account, it is difficult to tell what the true color of the midsole is.

So overall, looking at that pic the only thing of note really is the plastic heel counter having the wrong pattern on it. It could just be an early sample or a mistake. I am much more inclined to take the photos we have seen from other sources as better indications of what the final product will look like.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.
Email: [email protected]MySpace

Quote:
What is this guy talkin bout? What da hell u gonna wear after they stop makin retros? This dude gone crazy :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
0]
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
0]
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
Team Negrodamus
TEAM BROOKLYN
TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I really didn't see a difference in the XXL mag, for the most part whatever we see in the magazine is the version we'll see when the shoe drops.

Quote:
What is this guy talkin bout? What da hell u gonna wear after they stop makin retros? This dude gone crazy
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
I <3 Fried Chicken Member #3- Jim Dean
Sz.13 White/Chrome VIII lows NDS $90 and sz.10.5 1994 AJ1 Hi for Sale. PM me or email:[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom