Dipset Weed Carriers Appreciation Post

i swear i knew every single jr writer freestyle/song in highschool (all i use to bump)

glad i got to produce for him & rell

still got my purple dipset bandana in the cut

Originally Posted by dreClark

Penz is/was trash.

FOH.
Seriously. What the $@@+ are y'all on?

Anyway, I found a Bezel CD when I went home to visit my mom a couple weeks ago, and I meant to put it on my computer, but I forgot. The only standout song I remember that was really that good was the song called "The Truth". I remember he had a good line about "McGrady on the baseline". I should try to find a DL now.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

ruger wasn't a weed carrier. his first album is one of the best in the dipset catalog.

stoooooopid
Rell could rap.

Originally Posted by henz0

STOP & GO
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

An the writer of writers...JR. Son obliterated that track. One of my favorite intros...period.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Still cant find 40's Jay Z diss when he was in the hallway
IDK if I could find the vid but I got the mp3 stashed somewhere on the comp. Holla @ me if you want that.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if dipset was BETTER MANAGED they'ed be runnin rap something crazy...sooo much talent under that umbrella.
These are the OD lulz I came in here for.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

I +@@%+ with 2nd & 3rd Tier Dipset but if they were under any other label without the loyalty of Cam they.....well they probably wouldn't be on another label

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

if dipset was BETTER MANAGED they'ed be runnin rap something crazy...sooo much talent under that umbrella.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

I +@@%+ with 2nd & 3rd Tier Dipset but if they were under any other label without the loyalty of Cam they.....well they probably wouldn't be on another label
eh maybe today, but back then the climate of rap was different.  Lets not forget, JR had a pretty major single ft Lil Wayne with Bird Call.  Im not saying any of them would have been hit artists, but if they had some competent A&R's and some direction....maybe?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

It's not a coincidence that that 02-05 era of the dips coincides with the best years of NT
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Kufis flying everywhere in the rap game and on here. The energy they brought is much appreciated. I definitely thought JR was gonna blow. And SAS was and still are dope. My ipod is littered with random tracks from all these guys and I ainteem mad.
Classic isht

Dead @ Un Kasa's pink fedora�
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
killa cam w/ da classic wash heightz home of da haze shirt.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
straight from da nutcracker spot back in da day.

Originally Posted by solarius49

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

eh maybe today, but back then the climate of rap was different.  Lets not forget, JR had a pretty major single ft Lil Wayne with Bird Call.  Im not saying any of them would have been hit artists, but if they had some competent A&R's and some direction....maybe?
when JR writer did that video, he was actually HOTTER then lil wayne at that point, like when AZ was in jigga's dead prez video he was HOTTER then jay-z..crazy when

you see it in hindsight.

problem with writer, was Writer's block 1-3 was so SOOOO classic, that by da time his album came out, it couldn't compete with da quality of his mixtapes..but with that said

grill em is STILL a smash at da club.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This.

when JR writer did that video, he was actually HOTTER then lil wayne IN NEW YORK at that point, like when AZ was in jigga's dead prez video he was HOTTER then jay-z..crazy when
you see it in hindsight.
problem with writer, was Writer's block 1-3 was so SOOOO classic, that by da time his album came out, it couldn't compete with da quality of his mixtapes..but with that said
Fixed
laugh.gif
. Don't remember exactly when Bird Call came out, but if it was anytime after 2003, there was no way Writer was hotter than Wayne.

Truth doggy, Grill Em still pounds in the ride! I ride around bangin my old dipset tapes, and whoever is riding with my always asks if they can change the music. Its all good, they dont have to understand, this music MEANS SOMETHING to me!

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

The only one who was true weed carrier status was kasa. 
naw he had his shine on purple city/luca brazi tapes
Un Kasa is and was trash. Only shining moment (to me) was on DI1.

JR on the extended version of Shake >>>>>>>>> *

I just knew that song was gonna be a hit. Never popped like it should've. That's when I knew it was a wrap.

Im not even from NY and i think JR was hotter than Wayne at that point in time. Everybody KNEW Writer was going to blow up, but he just didnt deliver

Son said JR was hotter than Wayne, tears b.
JR was my guy though, I thought he would be the greatest rapper alive by now around Writers Block 2
I seen son about a year back and didn't even recognize him lol
Somebody post that Hot 97 Freestyle when they brought there own beats and started doing songs for like 30 minutes with Flex
JR was looking like Lebron senior year.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

eh maybe today, but back then the climate of rap was different.  Lets not forget, JR had a pretty major single ft Lil Wayne with Bird Call. Im not saying any of them would have been hit artists, but if they had some competent A&R's and some direction....maybe?
when JR writer did that video, he was actually HOTTER then lil wayneIN NEW YORK at that point, like when AZ was in jigga's dead prez video he was HOTTER then jay-z..crazy when
you see it in hindsight.
Fixed
laugh.gif
. Don't remember exactly when Bird Call came out, but if it was anytime after 2003, there was no way Writer was hotter than Wayne.
meanwhile you're agreeing with me, because if a cat from dipset's bench was HOTTER then da marque artist on cashmoney then you already know how deep da movement

was moving.

one of my favorite JR writer tracks, him completely dismantling Tru Life....

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

The only one who was true weed carrier status was kasa.
naw he had his shine on purple city/luca brazi tapes
Un Kasa is and was trash. Only shining moment (to me) was on DI1.
chill.....

2z5r8k9.jpg

Dipset_Purple_City_Presents_Matrix_2_Reloaded_Vol-front-large.jpg

Un_Kasa_Straight_Out_The_Krayon_Box_The_Best_Of_U-front-large.jpg

plus his various guest spots on assorted dipset releases.

This dude Ninja said JR was hotter than Wayne 
roll.gif
. But Wayne's buzz was def not up to par with the dips he was tryna ride their wave so Cam threw him on there with JR. Solarius I feel you though this !$%% just gives you that feel, brings you back in time for a bit. I be feeling oh so disrespected when someone ask me to change it in the whip
laugh.gif

Wayne always had a bigger buzz than JR. Yall acting like homie wasn't the hottes rapper on Cash Money, then dropped the Sqad Up series, and then dropped "Go DJ" before he linked up with JR.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Wayne always had a bigger buzz than JR. Yall acting like homie wasn't the hottes rapper on Cash Money, then dropped the Sqad Up series, and then dropped "Go DJ" before he linked up with JR.
Y'all? I don't think anyones thought process on here is equal to Ninjas when it comes to ny hip hop 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

umm writer block series was WAY more notorizied then da sqaud up series...c'mon we're talking about da TEETH of da prime of dipset's reign.

you forgot flex had writer rapping on hot97 for like 9 mins straight? cam talkin bout he's puttin da house on writer? yea...WAY hotter then wayne back then, ESPECIALLY

in NYC...wayne is quoted as saying "NYC dont mess with me" he ain't get serious looks still dedication 1 in da boros, and even then cats would've picked juelz santana over him too.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Somebody post that Hot 97 Freestyle when they brought there own beats and started doing songs for like 30 minutes with Flex

"It's kind of hard to doubt, that we ain't a slaughterhouse/ Dip radio, you're now tuned into the hardest out"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I, Dress gully, vest with the fresh scully/
Lex buggy no cologne cause i'm smelling like fresh money/

J.R, Ruger and 40 were savages during this period
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Whats that one J.R freestyle with the "when i rap it proves magic aint the only sick _ living" line??

Back
Top Bottom